Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I think I want to collect all the Spider-Man and his villains stuff for this game. I know enough about the rules to know I'd like it, but the sculpts for upcoming stuff look great. That Omega Red though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

imperialparadox posted:

It's a fun game! I started out buying Miles and Gwen because I wanted to paint them, and now I own almost everything...

The models keep getting better and more dynamic, and the game itself is pretty nuanced while not being overly complicated and quick to play.

I just opened up the double spider/venom boxes and hot drat these cards are thematic as gently caress, this is great

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I think those turned out great.

This weekend I'm going to finish cleaning up my hobby area on my desk and get to putting some of these spider people and anti-spider people people together.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I feel like any dice system that's based on manipulating results and re-rolls can feel like games are much bigger blowouts than they actually are, from a mechanics perspective. But it also means a lot of snowballing success/failures can happen, like in X-Wing. The alternating activations and big emphasis on being able to customize your own objectives/etc do a lot to mitigate that though.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

Also biased because it's a chum, but Mini Fights is great. Also an ex-goon if that's relevant. He doesn't post here anymore, but if you know old school painters from this dead comedy forum, PaintVagrant is definitely in the top of that list. The videos are nicely condensed, well produced with effects, etc. Most reports are fully painted on nice terrain as well.

Holy gently caress I miss PV so bad

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Can't wait to see all the model changes. This is neat.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The Wills are pretty great

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Wait, was there a big announcement on the last day that I missed? Or was it the legion announcement poo poo

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Uhh, I thought that stuff got announced on the 2nd to last day? We were already talking about it. My bad if I got the dates wrong

S.J.
May 19, 2008

CaptCommy posted:

First day was Hulkbuster/Ms Marvel, second day was the new Mutant releases, this stuff was the third and final day

Cool I just got the days mixed up

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

so this is where all my postin' buddies went to. I've been checking this out and got a demo game on TTS. it's honestly a lot slicker than I thought it would be

what's the best way to get into the game? starter set and pick up some heroes to expand out? I tend to prefer bad dudes but I saw upthread that Venom was hard to snag

is there a discord?

Heh, I just picked this up not too long ago myself.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

holky gently caress the whole ding dang crew is nearly here. all we need is PV and stabbington

the local scene is very much in the have fun and play what's fun crowd. I'll probably pick up the core at the LGS. this has pretty deep list creation, which tbqh is like half the fun of playing these games

Honestly looking forward to bringing this to Warfaire Weekend next year if things aren't so lovely. I'm really just going all in on Spider-Man themed stuff and we'll see from there, it's nice to have a decently made game that I can just chill out and play.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Analyze and Annihilate seems loving crazy now

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Zuul the Cat posted:

Had a great weekend of slamming out Magneto, Omega Red and Cable.

and everything I've painted so far

I loving love how vibrant your colors are.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I'm going to buy the communists. I don't know anything about them and it doesn't matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Would an entire sentinels list be those 3 models? Because if so that seems perfectly reasonable, even if you had to add another box to it.