Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Yeah, you need it for the cards, tokens, rulers, etc. You might be able to find them separately on eBay but not at enough of a discount to be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Tempted to try it with Black Widow instead, as I really like the Captain Marvel figure

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Marvel Cinematic Plastic

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Awesome looking at all of the pics, here's some of mine:

Thanks to Thirsty Dog for the Olivia Octavious idea; I tried to keep it a little fresh by using the Black Widow model (plus I really like the Captain Marvel sculpt and didn't want to ruin it!)

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Certainly better than what I had pictured in my head.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Foolster41 posted:

so, even though I don't have the core set (yet) I picked up the Rocket & Groot expansion (I'm hoping I'll have it ready to play with people have the core set in a week and a half). I looked up guides on painting and one suggested soaking in simple green. How necessary is that? I was planning on just spray priming it on the sprues, assemble and paint it. I'm more of a "table" ready style painter, and I don't worry about my figures looking super.
I'm used to painting already assembled figures, so I'm not super used to doing sprue figures.
Are these used figures you got off eBay or new? I've only ever heard of SG being used to strip paint. If you're worried about mold release on the figs you can wash them in soap and water first but I've gone straight to spray primer for all of mine without any issues.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I'm not familiar with this character but it looks really good. Always nice to see conversions.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Is this like a What-if? evil version of Daredevil?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
:argh:

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
If I've learned anything from hanging out with comic nerds, it's that there's always more characters that I haven't heard of.

Also Storm, maybe?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
They're for all of us, comrade

E: in all seriousness, this will be the first affiliation I go all in on

smug jeebus fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 23, 2022

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Apocron posted:

Just ordered a second hand box with the miniatures assembled at about 1/3 of retail so I'm excited to get started with MCP!
Hopefully they did a good job. Were you able to see pics?

quote:

Can someone rate the chance we see any of them?
It's hard to say, we've gotten a lot of both obvious and obscure peeps, so anything's possible. Apocalypse and Psylocke seem inevitable though at least.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I'm Hot Wings https://altcrisisprotocolmodels.wordpress.com/2022/03/02/hot-wings/

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I kind of like the original Captain Marvel sculpt more, but I did modify it. Now that I'm thinking about it, have some of my more recent bullshit as well:

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Nice job, really like the fire on uh...Magic? I still can't get mine to look quite right.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Was there a stream? I can't find anything.

E: also coincidentally finished the last of my CP figs, including my first affiliation:

Also, is this the Shatterpoint thread? I played two games this month. Not really my jam, but if anyone has questions, let 'er rip.

smug jeebus fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Let's hope they're more fun than their Marvel: Champions versions