Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

DLC Inc posted:

goddamn how did you get those guys already, it still says they are in "preorder" mode everywhere I look :(

They've been out in Europe for a bit, but not hitting anyone else yet. I think the US has the Omega Red & Jean Grey/Cassandra Nova boxes when nobody else does, but I'm not sure.

One of the podcasts I listen to was fairly recently talking about how Australia hasn't had a release in months and is still waiting on the Inhumans.

Distribution is all messed up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I was skeptical but that actually looks worth the money. Great job!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

DLC Inc posted:

Sidenote but the latest minis have also been vastly easier to assemble and paint, as well. I remember Doc Ock in the core set have like 10 goddamn skinny pieces for his tentacles and ended up gluing them wrong, or some of the other earlier models having really poorly defined detail lines. Compare that to the Omega Red mini I just put together---both of his tentacles are whole pieces; no other assembly required, you just glue them to his wrists and that's it.

I agree with you for the most part, but I had so much trouble with Jean Grey's little X-shaped energy stand thing that I trashed it and ended up pinning her to a piece of bark instead. I don't know what it was, but something about how that was supposed to go together eluded me.

edit: Get the core set once you find it for a discount, it's got multiple characters that see plenty of play (Zemo, Red Skull, Captain America, Black Widow) in it and by the time you buy the rulers and dice and stuff you're not coming out super far ahead anyway

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

DLC Inc posted:

Just hoping they uh revamp Ock's stat card because he is probably in the bottom 5 characters in the game.

I think they should definitely not do rules updates in a product like this, a sort of DLC-esque "upgrade kit" for people who are already into the game a lot.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lucinice posted:

I might teach myself pinning and find another Captain Marvel on sprue on Ebay because I am not confident she is going to hold together.

You don’t need to pin anything on Captain Marvel, just use plastic glue

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I've found that with a lot of the harder to assemble MCP models, the key is to leave the tiny pieces on the sprue and use it as a third hand to glue the other part to it, then snip it off. Helps a ton with stuff like Star Lord and Shuri.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lucinice posted:

Man I want to buy some spider foe characters but everywhere I look is sold out. Has their production been slow recently because of covid?

Yep, shipping is just nuts everywhere. Europe got the spider-foes wave like a month+ before the US did.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Dawgstar posted:

So essentially Kamala can do all her stuff, Embiggen and then do all her stuff on that side too?

You still only get two actions, but yes more or less

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

If you're not watching the future of MCP panel, you should check it out later. Huge changes to the game, a bunch of old characters getting buffed.

Hulk rules now.

https://twitch.tv/atomicmassgames

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Feeple posted:

Nice, Frybrand!

I believe MODOK only got a change that was already alive in errata anyway; this just keep you from having to :actually: people. Shuri's update makes sense in the age of Dormammu, and Steve is lined up with that.

Hulk is...strong. Like, real strong. Like, woah dude.

MODOK can only bow once per turn now instead of once per character per turn, which is nice.

I am glad they fixed the reroll stuff, that ruling they made was so counter-intuitive, I hated it.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Dawgstar posted:

So I've been watching a lot of tier list and tactic videos and like to pass the time and I'm curious, mostly because I haven't really gotten everything down, as to why Gamora's considered bad or at least below average.

It's not really that she's bad, it's more that all she does is hit people. She's in the 4-cost slot, which is incredibly competitive, and just doesn't really bring enough to the table for competitive teams to take her over the staples for that price.

It might be different if the GotG affiliation wasn't complete crap, but alas.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

HebrewMagic posted:

Just got some models to work on until I get the core box on my next paycheck. Got Taskmaster and Punisher, I wanted to do up Thanos first but my local game shop was charging a solid $15 higher than MSRP and gently caress that honestly. I'm not worried about min maxing perfect comp list poo poo for either of these guys, I just got em cuz they're cool, but are they any good on the table?

They're fine, nothing really special. I'd like to try Punisher in a Sam Wilson Avengers list as another bonus to people getting dazed.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Crossbones is much better now that Sin is out.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Ghost Rider changes. He looks awesome now, I'm tempted to try out a Midnight Sons team if they ever come out.

https://acrossthebifrost.com/2021/10/26/first-impressions-ghost-rider-rework/

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The shop that originally leaked X-23/Honeybadger is at it again:

I'm curious if they're adding generic minions to the game or what now.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

DLC Inc posted:

There was some kind of obscure leak a while back suggesting 3 or 4 characters would have a special minion trait---Red Skull and SHIELD were on there so I'm guessing Hydra/Shield/Shadowland/something else would be part of this. Also guessing minions wouldn't be able to hold points and poo poo so I wonder what that will look like, especially since I assume minions will have like, less than 3 HP and like one attack.

Either way it'll be a long time since the Hulkbuster/Ms Marvel stuff aint til next month and the X-Mens will be staggered out for the first 4 months of 2022. I'm mostly ok with some repeat/revisions.

I don't really want minions at all but if we get them I hope they're like the Jonathan the Unstoppable card in the X-23 box where they're not "really" a character but they can do certain things.

I feel like the action and turn economy is too tight in this game for something that's even swarmier than Sam Wilson Avengers.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I like where this is going

https://www.atomicmassgames.com/cp55?fbclid=IwAR2a2g6HLqbFB1Ir6_ZbZWm5GiqTgNxAJUd-9T_CJ3DDpKp1M50YsEjSFcA

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

srypher posted:

So I tried to play the Ultron Cosmic Threat on TTS to test out the game, but hit a bit of a wall w/ how to resolve the Doomsday Machine. It says to consult the Cosmic Threat player card for the effects of each result, but there's nothing in the Cosmic Threat assets in TTS or anything that I can find w/ some simple Google searches. Which is weird, because it does include the AI flowchart, rules reference etc. Is there something that comes in the Core Box that I need/am missing?

I think they're here:

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...ds_UltronAI.pdf

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

srypher posted:

Hmm unless I'm misreading something it just has the additional rules for doomsday machine when using AI

You're right, I linked the wrong one. It's on page 11 of this PDF:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5ce432b1f9d2be000134d8ae/t/5dfa527ee0f0ae6c75d39893/1576686250643/Ultimate_Encounter_Ultron_Web.pdf

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

"Professional assembler" aside, some of the models really are a pain in the rear end. I built Honey Badger yesterday and there's no real excuse for her head to be three parts.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Dawgstar posted:

Having done Star-Lord and Rocket I'm kind of used to it.

Those are old! We've moved on to the modern problems being stupidly intricate hero rocks for everyone to stand on (gently caress you Jean Grey).

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Shrecknet posted:

OK played my first test game. Spider-friends are SUPER annoying!
my favored playstyle in minis games (at least back when I played Malifaux) was to have lots of very long range dudes threatening huge areas and shepherding the opponents minis into a safe area from my snipers (where a giant bruiser mini could rip them apart)
I have been told this is the Guardians between quill and rocket having tons of ranged damage and then groot loving poo poo up up close. c/d?

Pretty much, with the exception that Groot hangs out in the back with Rocket to protect him while Drax/Gamora/Nebula are the ones going in.

You might also like Brotherhood.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Shrecknet posted:

I want to get some interesting modern terrain (like gas stations or subway entrances) and I refuse to believe there isn't a model train scale that matches MCP mini sizes to do this, because gently caress paying $70 for Stranges Sanctum Santorum

H? HO?

O scale looks pretty good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/minipainting/comments/l647lg/wip_wednesday_oscale_model_railroad_buildings_are/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUx4OM-Ad7s

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Preview drought is over

https://twitter.com/atomicmassgames/status/1518604506417836034

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I suppose sitting in a transparent cube doesn't make for a dynamic sculpt

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

IDK about Black Order being the consensus best faction, but Reality Gem Thanos is getting splashed into other lists enough that I'm pretty confident he's headed for a nerf

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

In non-official news we got leaks for the Winter Guard. I wonder if the war and these being in the pipeline is what screwed up a lot of their messaging schedule for a few months there.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Web warriors are super cool, just be aware that they trend towards a more control-focused play style which may or may not be your thing.

Also Black Cat is bananas good so definitely get that box.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

rantmo posted:

Is there still something funky with the Fantastic Four's rights? I remember back when Marvel Heroes was a thing they had to pull the FF from sale and unlocking for some obscure rights related issue.

It was literally because Marvel wanted to stop letting people use the Fantastic Four while they didn't have the movie rights (they even canceled the comic for a while). That's all sorted out now so I assume AMG will get to it when they get to it.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

rantmo posted:

Well I stand corrected, though wasn't the title being cancelled later on, after Secret Wars? Not that I can track the passage of time anymore.

It was later, but it all comes from the same place.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

You might also see people refer to that style of list as "dual affiliation", it's fairly common to see.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The german store leak was real:

https://twitter.com/atomicmassgames/status/1540028172745441281

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Jessica Jones/Squirrel Girl box

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

spectralent posted:

God, is Sentry that much of a deep cut? He was in Civil War as kind of a big deal.

He hasn't been a going concern in over a decade, outside of some minor appearances, but they just announced the Winter Guard so who knows

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The new banned/restricted list for Standard is crazy

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

on the flip side Herb is gone bby

I suppose that's the easiest way to solve turn 1 herb plays

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The biggest cards that didn't get reprinted I can think of off the top of my head are Medpack and Field Dressing.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Shrecknet posted:

every character should have the "focus" ability on Wong and Dynamo, at the very least there should be "Action: Gain 1*" as a basic game action CMV

I wouldn't mind this, although action economy is so tight that I don't know that I would ever take it.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That Peni model looks big enough that I don't think it would look out of place on the big base.

edit: oh, is the base integrated? Can you print it without?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I've been hearing some love for Crystal lately, especially paired with Shadowland Daredevil to give you more chances to hit conditions. Dropping stuns and incinerates with some regularity helps out an attrition team a lot.