Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

These are awesome. Is your beast a blue ink over grey/white, then white drybrushed overtop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Yeah. Going to need a few of those.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
The quality of the sculps swings wildly, even on features that should ostensibly be the same. Compare Angela to Loki. Both Asguadian models, released not that far apart. Angela's model is an absolute pleasure to work on so long as you can get past the ribbon things. Her face is very detailed, including a subtle mask. Had no trouble with her at all. Then I get to Loki. The posing and his clothes are fine, but I have no idea what they were doing with his face. He's clearly got both a nose and chin, and there's something where his mouth should be. Eyes? Not really.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Iron Man's legs were very hard to get right. I got it wrong until I put them on a base and then, well, I had to tear him apart and try over.

Yesterday I was wondering why none of the iron armour varients had been released, so, good.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

KingMob posted:

Caught up just in time for the Convocation wave to hit next week.

I love your painting. What are you using for yellow on your x-men?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

Add in his ability to ensure Wild rolls/charge up his attacks/has a Bullseye-esque parting shot for 2 power, and he's going to be a wickedly fun character to have on your team.

A loaded term in Crisis Protocol.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Fyrbrand posted:

I used to be overly paranoid about that, even washing all my GW plastics back when I played those. But I've never washed a MCP model, and never had an issue.

I didn't bother washing MCP stuff until I had an issue with Starlord. There was something on one of his arms that prevented primer from binding. Washed in Simple Green (more to remove the rest of the primer), scrubbed him clean, washed with warm water and dishsoap and then things were fine.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Fyrbrand posted:

Tbh I'm more confused about how someone does 'professional assembly' for GW.

Worked at the local GW and was occasionally asked to assemble the mini's given away to test new paint schemes?

As much as it's hard to take anyone making that boast seriously, I don't think anyone disagrees that the MCP starter box is really not great from that point of view.

For securing models to the base, I pin (using superblue) and then use plastic cement on the plastic components.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
That's a good modeling choice right there. Nebula was their sculptor testing just how tiny a connection was needed. The answer was "bigger than this".

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Thirsty Dog posted:

Nebula's isn't her toe, the connection point is a chunk of the sceney. Yes, the toe is a weak point, but you're actually glueing a decent sized block into the base terrain rather than glueing the toe to the base terrain.

At first. Then the toe breaks off the terrain thing. Then the toe needs to be glued to the terrain thing which was originally glued to the bigger terrain thing.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
No Spiderwoman, but two Nick Furies in a year does seem like a missed opportunity. Both since she would fit with the SHIELD stuff and also presumably drop into Web Warriors.

Edit: beaten
Releasing the Jim Hamond Human Torch before Johnny Storm Fantastic Four is a bold choice.

theironjef posted:

Hah can't believe we're getting Original Human Torch before, you know, Human Torch.

Oh hey, all we need now is a Hank Pym/Simon Williams box and we can field the Vision and His Constituent Elements team.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

It was literally because Marvel wanted to stop letting people use the Fantastic Four while they didn't have the movie rights (they even canceled the comic for a while). That's all sorted out now so I assume AMG will get to it when they get to it.

That period where Disney suits were dictating creative decision making based on which movies rights they held was quite the thing. See also mutants almost ceasing to exist and instead Inhumans were all over the place.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Leadership abilities seems to be a bit of a weak spot. A dud leadership skill is a huge hinderance on a faction. And it seems like because they put it on the character card, they expect the leader to pay for the cost of the leadership skill, which makes it undesirable to take them without them being the leader.

Which is to say, in 2.0 I hope they take those off the card and put them on the affiliation itself, albeit still tied to a character.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Glad to be wrong.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

As far as paints go---if budget isn't too big an issue I highly recommend Pro Acryl from Monument Hobbies. The most beautiful, smoothest paint I've ever used: https://monumenthobbies.com/collections/pro-acryl-paints
This stuff can be a pain to source. It's worth it.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 24, 2022

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Shrecknet posted:

1 point Aunt May fig

J.J.J. standing atop the Bugle building as a 7-threat. Spider Foes, obviously.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

Releases continue to prove leak correct + still having surprises; did not expect Psylocke in this pack!

https://twitter.com/atomicmassgames/status/1615091638954561537?s=20&t=2yjCAbPW2-i0YIyzbftQbg

Guess Nightcrawler will be with Shadowcat or something later this year. I'm actually impressed at how modestly sculpted they made Emma lol. Psylocke looks like one of their best.

Saw it and was also going to point out that Emma Frost is off model, but in a good way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Avengers, assembled.