Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
so this is where all my postin' buddies went to. I've been checking this out and got a demo game on TTS. it's honestly a lot slicker than I thought it would be

what's the best way to get into the game? starter set and pick up some heroes to expand out? I tend to prefer bad dudes but I saw upthread that Venom was hard to snag

is there a discord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
holky gently caress the whole ding dang crew is nearly here. all we need is PV and stabbington

the local scene is very much in the have fun and play what's fun crowd. I'll probably pick up the core at the LGS. this has pretty deep list creation, which tbqh is like half the fun of playing these games

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah I've had 3-4 games now. it good fam

I'm now looking at what to expand into. I personally like X-Force, Web Warriors and Uncanny X-Men. there seems to be some good overlap too

Cable / Domino
Deadpool / Bob
Spider-Man / Ghost Spider
Wolverine / Sabertooth
Cyclops / Storm

how does this look for some variety starting off? I can also technically run Avengers with core set Captain America + Deadpool + Cable / Ironman

is there a preferred app / site for building team comps?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I could just get that too :homebrew:

web warriors just seems strong and a team full of spidey sense seems good too. I forgot to include Venom too

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I honestly wasn't even thinking of the financial cost for Deadpool. I was looking at his 3 threat. I figured my X-Force core would be Cable, Domino and Deadpool for 11 threat. then some 3's like Miles Morales, Baron Zemo and Ghost Spider. then maybe some 2's and 4's for fine tuning

tho what I'm gathering is that it may just be better to take Wolverine or Sabertooth right off the bat instead. when Colossus comes out hopefully he is a good cheap tank / objective holder. which is really what I planned for the Healing Factor anchors

fake edit: I was looking at I Know Karate + Wet Works + Strategic Genius and thinking I could fish for Bang, Bang free attacks

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 22, 2021

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I won my first game as X-Force vs Spider Foes. I was able to pump out a lot of damage and barely cling on while my opponent scored a lot of early points. I'm having a ton of fun with this game. tho my immediate problem was realizing I need to bring a bigger bag for terrain

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
since we're posting pix

Cable

Domino

Deadpool

Miles

Gwen

Peter

Zemo

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
honestly it's a blast painting these models. the slightly bigger scale makes them easier to paint and the low model count means way less burnout

anyone going to LVO next year?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
played in my first tournament in a very long time. Went officially 2-1 but I had a bye second round. Tons of variety and Black Order took the cup

this game has gotten me good

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
they clarified on stream that you can only have 1 "grunt" on the table per side. so if you double up with Fury and Daredevil you have to decide between the two grunts

which feels like a good middle ground

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
nah shadowland was a whole story arc: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowland_(comics)

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I've been playing X-Force for the past few months and currently in S7 of the tts league. I think the core of Cable, X-23 and Honey Badger is surprisingly a big deal. Gives you 7 free points at 17 threat that could be Medusa and another 3; like Domino, Baron Zemo or Deadpool

Medusa is still baller and Royal Decree makes it so that you can move Honey Badger out of activation. Also the character throw Hair Flip and the push on the builder gives you some control. Which is really what X-Force is missing in affiliation

in short they're fun

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 22, 2022

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
won my first local tourney with X-Force today. Dr Strange, Sorcerer Supreme is a beast. Domino continues to prove that rolling more attacks is always better and with Cover she can tank a surprising number of attacks

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
until you mentioned it I hadn't even noticed that the triggers on that aoe say, after each attack is resolved, that is cray

I was using him for advanced r&d to give Baron Zemo and Honey Badger an extra power round 1. That way Zemo could charge and HB would put down Johnathan the Unstoppable

the Deadly Daggers attack being range 5 and choose damage type let me snipe out several characters. Scalpel to fix positioning when I got pushed around and Eye of Agamotto letting him re-roll doubles up with X-Force + Zemo re-rolls

overall a lot of synergies

fake edit: https://forums.atomicmassgames.com/topic/2947-doctor-strange-sorcerer-supremes-circle-attack-and-cleansesalve/

looks like it's not completely insane. each attack still needs to hit the trigger. still great but not first attack triggers all subsequent attack triggers broken

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 27, 2022

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
honestly those aren't bad just a little flat. a wash, some cleanup and they'd be crisp af

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah if the model is already a super dark black then you need to skip washing and go up to dark grey. if we're talking citadel paints then an eshin or mechanicus grey would work, then dry brush like a dawnstone grey

you could wash between those greys but meh not necessary

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Zuul the Cat posted:

I need to get back to painting my MCP stuff but here's everything I've got done so far.

great work!!

I've been super into this game and trying to get 2-3 in a week. It has been a blast trying stuff out

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
nice separation of colors!

one thing that's hard to remember is that in person no one is looking at your models from 4" away. generally speaking it'll be from the top down view and like 2'-4' range. so all the nitpicky things you see most people won't

glad you stuck with and I look forward to more progress pics

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
you can include characters as long as 51% of your roster is your primary affiliation. web heads generally want more models over higher threat models so justifying a 6 threat for magneto is a bit tough. they are a very good faction with a ton of displacement tools and get black cat for stealing extracts in faction

I'm currently playing brotherhood. so I get the draw of Magnus tho

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I think current Red Skull will stay as is but gain the affiliation. Where as nuRed Skull will be the Hydra faction leader. Also those new models look fukken sick

I want to play Cabal just for that sicko mode flying hellkitty

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
well AMG does groups and their friends. I want to say Black Cat did join for a story arc but was never a permanent member no. plus they do have to run things by Marvel itself

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Hoboskins posted:

I have been thinking of trying to build a convocation/sons dual list but I'm finding tactics cards really hard. You also end up quite pinched for slots too. Convocation is greedy.

On the other hand my friend has been experimenting with spiderfoes/syndicate dual affiliation and I'm really liking what I'm seeing. "New" Goblin looks really fun. I just wish Doc Oc was a touch better. I probably shouldn't compare every 3 threat to Zemo and Taskmaster, love those two.

Doc Ock is a tank, wants to grab an objective and sit on a point and durdle around. there aren't a ton of 3 threat characters that have a character throw

Zemo on the other hand is an offensive piece with charge and rerolls. with a long move

they fill different niches but Zemo is generically more useful

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

admanb posted:

I would compare Ock more directly to Lizard and I think he loses out there, but not by a ton and being a medium-base medium-move is inherently strong. He's not the worst 3 you take just because they're in-affiliation, but it does sting a bit in an affiliation as small as Foes.

he does get a tactics card that is p-good with goblin so there's that at least

also I never realized you're a goon. I've seen you on the tts discord

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I dunno Viper is pretty down there. mostly pushed out by the other L movers in affiliation

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

admanb posted:

Those models are cool but I truly do not understand who this is for. I'm not saying everything they release should be MCU-popular, but this seems like layers of niche deep.

I think they may approach it from a different design philosophy. think of a play style then find a group that fits it

plus I personally love deep cuts. Malekith isn't exactly super popular either but here we are

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Squadron Supreme would be a deep cut. there's always the Great Lakes Avengers

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
how about the Nasty Boys? my personal desire is to get Jamie Madrox in and it doubles in giving Sinister an alternate affiliation

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
https://www.atomicmassgames.com/transmissions/challenger-events

well they did it; we now have split formats;
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5ce432b1f9d2be000134d8ae/t/62b5dcdd13003b6b8650ecc0/1656085725410/OP_CrisisProtocol_BNR_063022.pdf

I haven't really had the chance to process this all but thought you all would like to know

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
on the flip side Herb is gone bby

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
if I'm getting this correctly, all the cards from the card pack and the 2 newer sets are legal. though it means some cards like All You've Got are in effect banned because they still have the Spider-Man symbol and did not get included in the reprint

I don't think anyone has compiled a master list of cards that didn't get reprinted but once that does it'll be easier to see the true banned list

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

theironjef posted:

Love this kinda stuff

Yes, nothing like the endless possibilities that your roster might just be illegal.

ideally the TO announces special formats like that before the event starts

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
looks like mcpdb.com and cerebro.com have been updated already. should be much easier to visualize the changes now

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Mission Objective is good for when you're going to lose an objective due to getting Dazed or KO'ed. you can pass it away to another model within R2

it's also a good card to have during Deadly Legacy Virus Cured? so you can form the tri-force and end the game

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
hell kitty is a monster and I'm here for it

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
a 7 / 3 / 3 / 3 is only 16 threat, the most common is 17. in which you could take 7 / 5 / 3 / 2 or 7 / 4 / 3 / 3 both options give you a lot of breathing room for flexin. I feel like you want, at most, 4 wide at 17 so you can generally keep priority against the wide teams

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah the aoe stagger without spending an action is wild. also happens in power phase. on close in maps it could be super deadly

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
if Zola has another leadership that would be pretty cool. would also be very themey for them to do the cut one head off and another takes over

either way Hydra is shaping up to have some neat toys

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
there's still Spider-Woman who could triple as Shield and A-Force. Spider-Man 2099 and Iron Spider too

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Shrecknet posted:

just lost horribly to brotherhood with SLDD despite KOing Mags on the first activation of turn 3.
Juggs is a 6 who is missing a point of threat, his kit is just so absurd at doing everything and being self-sustaining
I've never beaten Brotherhood and at this point I have no idea what list even could.
they have a great 6 leader, the best 5 in juggs, a case for the best 4 in rogue and a top 3 in mystique
what beats that?
their pieces control the board, they murder well and they defend/sustain spectacularly
what am I supposed to do?

what are you playing? what was the secure / extract combo for that match you lost?

Mags big weakness is wide scenarios. after using Asteroid M, he's only moving S. any way to throw him away or stagger is great into him

Juggs is a big shiny that's meant to be a distraction. he's too tough to take down if you can only plink, but you shouldn't focus on him while
Mags is still around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Shrecknet posted:

Hammers/Mutant Madmen

I was running SLDD, Taskmaster, Hood, Cable and Supergiant (I just painted her and wanted to see what she could do, the answer is nothing, she is very bad)

My big mistake was leaving Cable on a flank alone t1, forgetting that Mystique has a very dumb TTC that let Juggs grab a hammer, move (generating power and dice on his next attack) then daze Cable t1

it was my own fault and I'm still very bad at positioning in this game, I'm always seemingly out of where I want to be and my opponents always seem.to daze my guys or otherwise deny my activations. it's very frustrating and I don't know how to get better at it because I'm always tilted at not getting to actually use my powers or attacks

ok going back to this for a sec. this scenario doesn't actually favor Magneto. he can get an Astroid M but then he's stuck on whichever side of the board. this looks to be 18 threat from hammers. I think Cable is a bad pick honestly as SLDD isn't benefitting from him much. I think if you drop Super Giant and Cable for 2x 3's and a 2 you'll have more board presence for flipping objectives but more importantly it matters less if they blow up a 2. let's say you go Winter Soldier, Bullseye and Black Cat. Black Cat can Stagger Magneto to make him a sad panda and he gets no re-rolls into her. Winter Soldier pops off as your models start dying and he punishes them for doing so. Bullseye is a jerk where if a model doesn't one shot him he can skedaddle and plink them for a damage. there are deffo a lot of things I'm afraid of in this game that isn't Brotherhood

for the record I'm a Brotherhood player. If you ever want to do some practice rounds on tts. I'm available