Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Padical
Nov 29, 2004
I bought this game for my 11 year old niece (and so I could collect and paint some X-Men). This will be her first time trying a miniatures game and painting, so hopefully she likes one of these things! Are there any good tutorial missions for this game, especially cooperative ones like the one official ultron co-op mission?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Padical
Nov 29, 2004
Painting Wolverine's eyes on either of his heads has made me hate this model. There's just something about the spacing and the raised parts not being where I expect them to be that's throwing me off. Any tips?

Padical
Nov 29, 2004
Okay, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. I was losing my mind trying to figure out why I couldn't dot some simple eyes on a model.

And yes, the side stripes also made me hate painting him. All this on top of the always nightmarish bright yellow that Wolverine likes to rock.

Padical
Nov 29, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

Still so many on the X-men and Spider-man side of things, haven't even touched Apocalypse or the Fantastic Four yet.

Hot take: they should just release Doctor Doom and skip the rest of the Fantastic Four.

I really have some hope that we'll see Apocalypse in the future with these new huge miniatures they are starting to release. They could release him opposite a threat 5/6 X-Force leader Wolverine along with X23 and Archangel.

Even a big Hulkbuster-sized Juggernaut would be amazing.

Padical
Nov 29, 2004

Thirsty Dog posted:

The worst MCP model is still easier to assemble than 95% of, say, Warmachine models, let alone the metals, let alone anything from smaller companies.

I never understood why the newer plastic kits would have a single metal weapon held aloft that would either fall off every few months or pull the whole model down constantly. Horgle2 looked really cool and was a nightmare to keep in one piece. I also fondly remember taunting my friend about my recent purchase of Mulg as a counter to some shenanigans he was pulling and then unveiling him in three pieces.

My first experience with this game was trying to show my niece how to assemble models by putting Shuri together. That ended in disaster. For the new stuff, Honey Badger was a pain and I think I got some glue on her left eye by accident which should be interesting when it comes time to paint, but the rest of these new releases have been really simple to assemble and look great. Some facial definition issues aside (Wolverine's eyes still haunt me) I'm always really impressed with the quality of models this game has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Padical
Nov 29, 2004
https://shop.asmodee.com/marvel-5-crisis-protocol-rivals-panels-weapon-x-cpe03en

A much better Wolverine model and a very cool alt to Sabertooth (I liked his original, but this one might be better) alongside new character cards and an affiliation. I can't wait.

Also Blob and Pyro. https://shop.asmodee.com/marvel-5-crisis-protocol-the-blob-1-pyro-cp82en