Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

What are some good seasons to re-watch during the break?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Albon going for blood

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ilmucche posted:

LC repeatedly dogposting has been the only good thing about this race.

Duke dog of the day

He accepts this honour with thanks

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Booooooooooooooooooooo

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Alright. Time for offseason.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Had an hour long nap and all I missed was stroll going back a few places apparently

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Yeah dickheads let’s watch lando cross the line by himself instead of watching the only on track battle in the last lap of the season lol

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Yay.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
So this is why it is Racing Point and not Racing Points

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Are Dan ruining Mux's grand slam. Good lad.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

It’s hard to overstate just how utterly dull Abu Dhabi is for a season finale.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Double points Abu Dhabi was worse

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

poor from mercedes doing donuts on the grid while max celebrates his win

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

They should have just had a 3rd Bahrain.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
The Ferrari strategy was a reasonable gamble for a desperate team. Stay out and hope for a second safety car to give you a tire advantage because the car is garbage and you will finish out of the points anyway.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Mokotow posted:

What are some good seasons to re-watch during the break?

2012 is amazing, Lewis’s rookie season in 2007 and his first WDC in 2008, 2016 is also good IMO. Last year was good if you haven’t seen it. The earlier ones - there are some good ones but the image quality and graphics are poor. The Schumacher era is not that exciting, but the few years preceding it I recall to have been quite interesting

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I’m glad Valteri had a good race :unsmith:

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

The only Abu Dhabi race I've enjoyed was the one where I got to get drunk, walk away from the track and be entertained by Rhianna and The Chemical Brothers while failing miserably to crack on to Irish nurses.

Cancel all Abu Dhabi races that i'm not personally at.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Bottas had a bad start and let max gently caress off into the distance while holding Lewis behind him though?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What happened to that big car lift thing?

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

learnincurve posted:

Bottas had a bad start and let max gently caress off into the distance while holding Lewis behind him though?

Lol bottas was faster hamilton the entire race

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
So do Abu Dhabi pay so much cash that Liberty don't care it's a crap race every year or did Bernie sign a long term contract as a FU on the way out?

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
Lolling that the 15 point penalty ended up costing Racing Point third in the WCC (and a couple of millions of dollars probably).

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

More like Poopshit Point

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Racing point are fooling us into liking them by having an awesome livery, traditionally it’s been owned and run by utter bastards.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

daslog posted:

The Ferrari strategy was a reasonable gamble for a desperate team. Stay out and hope for a second safety car to give you a tire advantage because the car is garbage and you will finish out of the points anyway.

On a track that sees probably the least safety cars of all?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Ferrari should’ve just drove faster

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

More like Failari

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

are lew lew sounded exhausted in the post race interview and said as much. Not the usual 'it was a tough race promise' stuff, he probably shouldn't have come back so quick

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Mclaren getting third in the championship is cool and it’s unfortunate sainz will never be in a good car again

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Scylo posted:

Mclaren getting third in the championship is cool and it’s unfortunate sainz will never be in a good car again

McLaren got third and Sainz is getting a turd!!

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

are lew lew sounded exhausted in the post race interview and said as much. Not the usual 'it was a tough race promise' stuff, he probably shouldn't have come back so quick

Yeah, it was clearly audible that the virus took out some of his breathing capability and he probably shouldn’t have raced.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Dictator. posted:

On a track that sees probably the least safety cars of all?

What did they have to lose?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

the only grand slam im interested in seeing max verstappen involved in is the one with where he drives straight into a wall

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Racing Poop

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Lol that race was so boring that I glanced at my phone during the highlights and they just jumped forward in time by 22 laps.

E: also gutted for Perez. gently caress that race.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
I’d say this was the most boring race I ever saw. But I slept through the bulk of it, so maybe I missed something.
The only funny thing was the Ferrari’s being lapped at the finish, so it looked like they were still in the race.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i didn't watch the formula 1 but i made some nice snowboys in animal crossing

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Lol that race was so boring that I glanced at my phone during the highlights and they just jumped forward in time by 22 laps.

E: also gutted for Perez. gently caress that race.

Would it blow your mind if I told you that Bug, the white and orange one is also a cockapoo and that’s what they look like without the curls..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
i slept