Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I dunno, that lipsynch was just bad. Should have sent both of them home. Then brought Chelsea Boy back just for me to look at out of drag.

Yeah, that lip sync would have definitely gotten a MEH from Ru.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Bah gently caress Google's whatever it is feed when I swipe left on my phone. Spoiled who won holland, not that I didn't already see the signs of who was going to win. But still. :argh:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Bah gently caress Google's whatever it is feed when I swipe left on my phone. Spoiled who won holland, not that I didn't already see the signs of who was going to win. But still. :argh:

Yeah, the conclusion was inevitable.

Makeup artist judge last night raised a good point about Janey Jackie's look. It feels very dated. As a boy, he is very stylish and modern, but somehow that doesn't translate to his drag at all. She finally said last night that the reason for that is that her drag mother is an old school queen, and she thinks that it's a shame that new queens don't seem to respect old school drag.

And while I can appreciate that idea, she could still try and modernize it some. There are pageant queens on American drag race who manage to still do excellent drag, while still falling in a very specific pageant aesthetic. Although, I can't think any off the top of my head right now.

Envy Peru definitely had a better drag aesthetic than Janey Jackie, Mama Queen's was usually better though. Miss Abby OMG's was barely a step above someone like a Serena Chacha. She entirely relied on her body, and the judges never really read her for it the way they should have. To be fair, her body is stunning and she should be allowed to show it off.

Overall, I thought Drag Race Holland was very unpolished, but it reminded me a lot of Drag Race of the seasons 3-6 era. After my trip to Rotterdamn for Eurovision was canceled this year for obvious reasons, this was a fair enough consolation prize. I'll make it to Europe for the first time someday I suppose.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Important news: Jackie Beat and Sherry Vine are competing on Supermarket Sweep tonight (US ABC)

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Important news: Jackie Beat and Sherry Vine are competing on Supermarket Sweep tonight (US ABC)

In drag?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Yes! (first photo)

https://twitter.com/Lesdoggg/status/1325485322075975680

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Just saw on ad on TV saying Drag Race UK is hosting auditions for season three. Guess production was happy with how filming for season two is going/ has gone?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Oh i just found out about the show a little while ago. This is gonna be great especially with Leslie Jones! I use to watch it with what's his name years ago with my mom, what was it on, lifetime or something?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Have we discussed how Ru in boy (edit, and girl) drag is in all the Old Navy holiday commercials?

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 9, 2020

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Frack your frock, for the holidays!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

curiousTerminal posted:

Frack your frock, for the holidays!

haha, has she said ANYTHING about the fracking yet?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Nihonniboku posted:

Have we discussed how Ru in boy (edit, and girl) drag is in all the Old Navy holiday commercials?

What are these things you call Commercials?

(I swear, I've seen more commercials this week during the Steve Kornakie Big Board and Khakis marathon than the rest of the year combined.)

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Yes I see her on Old Navy Commercials!

But I also remeber her from B-52s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SOryJvTAGs

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I didn't know if this was posted already, but looks like Drag Race is getting a new addition to the family in Spain!
http://www.newnownext.com/drag-race-spain/11/2020/?fbclid=IwAR0_u9s3AFjzLBcgttsMIa17Llf3NrLfjW7AILThATFHXjJYxdNgvlKGuRk

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Did they end up shooting new seasons of regular US drag race and all stars this year? Normally I'd assume no since they film in the summer, but World of Wonder has been notorious for not really caring for the health and safety of the queens.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

Did they end up shooting new seasons of regular US drag race and all stars this year? Normally I'd assume no since they film in the summer, but World of Wonder has been notorious for not really caring for the health and safety of the queens.

honestly wouldn’t be difficult to do the show safely since they’re only on set and at their hotel.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

the escape goat posted:

honestly wouldn’t be difficult to do the show safely since they’re only on set and at their hotel.

There's a lot of crew who come and go though.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Nihonniboku posted:

According to the Nancy Drews, a regular and all-stars season have been filmed over the summer. And we'll get UK Series 2 and 3 next year as well?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pinwiz11 posted:

According to the Nancy Drews, a regular and all-stars season have been filmed over the summer. And we'll get UK Series 2 and 3 next year as well?

Yeah this sounds about right

e: not sure about release schedule on UK, but series 2 is filmed and 3 is either casting now or done casting?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

lmao season 13 hasn't aired or even been announced but they're already putting out a casting call for season 14

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

blizzardvizard posted:

lmao season 13 hasn't aired or even been announced but they're already putting out a casting call for season 14

You should apply

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

this feels relevant to this thread for some reason?

A God Damn Ghost fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 16, 2020

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

:rip: RuPaul, taken out in the Library.,..

https://twitter.com/JoshRaby/status/1336104508041162752

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

I saw that, it's so good. She's a treasure

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmfao that's amazing

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Tectatonic!
Dragged under the under the plates
Honey

Honey!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
:siren: DragRace Season 13 starts New Year's Day. :siren:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

WELP

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Yeah. Time to start writing...

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Yeah. Time to start writing...

God my Japanese has gotten rusty. It only just occurred to me that I'm actually capable of reading and understanding the text in your avatar.

At my peak I knew about 2000 kanji, but that was 15 years ago, and I now often just glaze over when I see kanji.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

jesus

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Season 13 cast reveal is incoming. :) I’m very excited.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Something's happening:

https://twitter.com/RuPaulsDragRace/status/1336702147409420294

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Hug in a Can posted:

Season 13 cast reveal is incoming. :) I’m very excited.

I'm in meetings literally all day... :smith:

e: And Drag Race put the cast on twitter an hour before the video reveal why?

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 9, 2020

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
VH1's gay intern has been very sloppy lately :shrug:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

I'm SO absolutely thrilled about Denali's inclusion in the cast - she's a friend of mine and an all-around nice person in addition to being a spectacular performer, and it's so great that everyone will get to see part of this person who makes life a little sparklier for the people around her. :)

Hooray!!!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

YAAAAAAAAAAAAS Gottmik break those barriers!

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Gripe spoiled: "First transgender contestant since season 9's peppermint" So we're just gonna gloss over Eureka, The Vixen, Yuhua, and Gigi, huh? I am also genderfluid and the separation of nonbinary trans people from binary ones, where we're not labeled trans is really annoying, ESPECIALLY on a show with the transphobic history Drag Race has.

Anyway the interviews I saw from them makes me excited, there's a couple I've got my eye on especially but I'm not spotting any really obvious first-outs this time.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Team Denali. I was an instant fan when I stumbled upon this video and was really excited to learn later on from the Nancy Drews that she'd be on
https://twitter.com/denalifox/status/1263146150560964608

The end of part 2 is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I find it interesting that we're not seeing Rupaul herself in any of the teasers/trailers so far