Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
The panel to me seemed to be saying Biden needs to perform pretty well tonight in the debate, and to go on a win SC (preferably handily) to have much of a shot going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Grouchio posted:

I hope Bernie doesn't catch the Wuhan Virus several months from now.

Cursed post

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Twelve minutes.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Jay-V posted:

he probably will win SC

He was up by like 15 points before the NH primary, bernie shrunk his lead to only +5ish so it will probably be close.

but biden IS considered the favorite in SC -- so if he does win, don't be discouraged

Yeah, that's fair. If Bernie does win it then that detail makes it all the better but I guess we will see.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Its going to be like an adult playing football with a bunch of kids they are babysitting. basically the adult is going to stand there while the kids try to ineffectually tackle them.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
Had to get the god damned CBS app because my crappy antenna doesn’t pick up the local CBS affiliate. And that television station is literally viewable from my loving front porch.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

ManBoyChef posted:

Its going to be like an adult playing football with a bunch of kids they are babysitting. basically the adult is going to stand there while the kids try to ineffectually tackle them.

Conversely, I think this is going to be the hardest debate of Bernie's life. Bernie is the clear frontrunner and the other candidates have probably been getting intense pressure from the DNC/their billionaire donors/their advisers to put Bernie down. They've all probably spent the past week refining attacks to launch on him and the Castro poo poo is another easy angle.

But if anybody can survive a 5v1 brawl, its our boy Bern.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Bernie and RBG might transmit the corona virus to each other

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Bernie is solid in debates. He doesn't do anything stupid, and the more people attack him, the more he has a chance to talk which just ends up helping him as he sticks to his messages.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
These CBS talking heads before the debate are god drat insufferable.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Quit talking about coronachan. If Bernie got it, it means everyone else has it in Washington, and the vast majority of the old people in Washington are the kind of people we want out so it'll be all good in the end anyways.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Warren is gonna go after Bloomberg.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

sharkbomb posted:

They're trying so, so hard to tear Bernie down. It's pathetic.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Warren's really shot herself in the foot/head by declaring herself Bernie but realistic and now having to pivot to being a Bernie alternative.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

sharkbomb posted:

Insufferable is too kind.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

sharkbomb posted:

apparently only terrible people like bernie. i can't believe this is the story they are actually pushing

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I had jeopardy, I'm sorry yall are sufferin

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Luckyellow posted:

Quit talking about coronachan. If Bernie got it, it means everyone else has it in Washington, and the vast majority of the old people in Washington are the kind of people we want out so it'll be all good in the end anyways.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Warren is gonna go after Bloomberg.

AOC ends up President because all the boomers died. Pete is a concern tho, I don't know if rats can catch the coronavirus.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

sharkbomb posted:

Can't be any worse than this "hey look at all these woman who don't hate Bloomberg" ad.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jesus those talking heads

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
JFC, CBS is running a loving Bloomberg ad right now

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Bernie won’t catch the corona virus because we know he doesn’t shake hands with people who coughed into them. Doesn’t do the cough and shake.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
BERNIE BROS! Are they too enuthastic? We'll see how the other candidates can handle them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1232469199936794626?s=20

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
lol these cbs clowns saying bernie supporters are the same as trump supporters

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
This venue, which looks like it doubles as a place for opera, is very what I imagine to be antebellum South Carolina to be.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Carew posted:

Because we actually give a poo poo. That's the basis for comparison.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
im so loving pumped

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
goddamn does Bernie have a new suit? he looks good

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Tom Steyer with the same loving tie. Did he think the giving pledge only applied to his ties?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

I hear the crowd shouting Bernie haha

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

This venue, which looks like it doubles as a place for opera, is very what I imagine to be antebellum South Carolina to be.

it isn't too far off.

I got invited to go to this and I am so upset I decided not to, but there were storms forecast and my 12 year old great dane is very scared of thunder.

I can see the stars outside it's so clear. :smith:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Have they ever asked Amy about her being an abusive boss, or Pete why he keeps lying about black people supporting him.

'How are you going to pay for it?' is trolling at this point.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Delthalaz posted:

Demanding visuals

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Just lol that we still have seven people on a debate stage at this point.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Delthalaz posted:

dat frontrunner swagger

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
How long until the first anti-Bernie question.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

MegaZeroX posted:

I hear the crowd shouting Bernie haha

I thought I heard that too :bernin:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

HootTheOwl posted:

Tom Steyer with the same loving tie. Did he think the giving pledge only applied to his ties?

He thinks it's fun. Literally, Chapo asked him about and that's the explanation he gave

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Tom Steyer is so loving goofy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Last minute link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klDbFuxmXrA

Carew posted:

Its not a terrible comparison. Bernie supporters are extremely enthusiastic for a populist that's outside the political establishment and is promising major changes to the country.

The difference being that Bernie and his supporters aren't tremendous pieces of poo poo.