Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

Pete literally spent his entire time screaming over sanders and it was soul sucking to watch.

It was such an ugly look. He looked stupid when he looked over at the moderator who said “one at a time” and he just kept talking.

It was childish as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

spouse posted:

Cuba is good actually. Gusanos can suck it.

Let's not go crazy here. Parts of Cuba are good, parts are real bad.

That was by far the worst moderated debate I've ever seen, Jesus Christ that was pathetic

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Black people are reluctant to embrace Bernie.
Sanders has overtaken Biden nationally with black voters.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign-polls/484611-new-national-poll-shows-sanders-surpassing-biden-with-african?amp

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/tommychong/status/1232495256274264064?s=20

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Looking at online reaction (which is of course not necessarily representative) the big talking points of the debate seem to be:

Biden looked tough and did better than he has
Bloomberg clearly paid off the crowd and didn't do well
Bernie's answer about Israel is getting some positive buzz
Tom Steyer? Who's that, someone with that name clearly wasn't in that debate

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Amy Pole Her posted:

It was such an ugly look. He looked stupid when he looked over at the moderator who said “one at a time” and he just kept talking.

It was childish as poo poo

He sucks poo poo and my Maddow mainlining mother in law supports him and says Sanders is ‘the leftist trump’.

She supported Booker initially. Charleston Co Dems are plugged in to the establishment and definitely Decorum Boomers.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
What the gently caress madness was I listening to for two fuckling hours

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Biden: A revolution isn't going to happen.

Well the hell with you then, Biden!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
CNN just replayed Mayo Pete's "best" moment where he said sixties and fifties and then kept the tape running for his most embarassing one where he tried to talk over Bernie who basically went full stump speech.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

LeeMajors posted:

He sucks poo poo and my Maddow mainlining mother in law supports him and says Sanders is ‘the leftist trump’.

The thing I love about this narrative starting to creep in over the past week is that people are missing the punchline: Trump won.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Biden definitely won, if for no other reason then he's the favourite in South Carolina and no one bothered to effectively attack him.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Mayor Pete tweet where he accidentally denounces the Civil Rights Movement got deleted lmao

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I hate myself enough to watch this post-debate coverage and Biden is sundowning on camera and boy is Major Garrett leading him through this poo poo. So gross.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Holy poo poo: I turned off CBS because they had Klobuchar on, and then she went to CNN. What makes this amazing is how she opened the CBS interview with "It wasn't the slugfest of last time" and the first question on CNN was "was it another slugfest? Yes!"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

DynamicSloth posted:

Biden definitely won, if for no other reason then he's the favourite in South Carolina and no one bothered to effectively attack him.

Bernie's biggest fuckup was attempting to go for a "what about the war" burn and kinda pivoting from that because he realized he had to acknowledge the gun control thing too.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

1stGear posted:

The thing I love about this narrative starting to creep in over the past week is that people are missing the punchline: Trump won.

And the entire Republican party bent the knee, and let his administration inflict massive radical changes

So yeah, we can only hope Bernie is as successful inflicting universal healthcare and education loan forgiveness and legal weed on America as the "leftist Trump"

edit: ooh, bern interview on CBS

vvv edit 2: gently caress, technically beaten

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bernie is on CBS now.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Right now I'm just reviewing the answers for the personal motto thing and I forgot that Klob's answer was literally "politics is about improving people's lives." This somehow manages to be more empty than even Buttigeg's LOL.

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
I want Bernie to connect Mandela to this Cuba poo poo now. I want him to make these centrists fucks to denounce Mandela.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mostly Lurking posted:

I want him to make these centrists fucks to denounce Mandela.

Pete: Hell, Bernie doesn't need to make me do anything!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

From what I'm seeing it seems that Biden probably did well enough to shore up his position in SC, but I don't think he did enough to actually recover beyond that, especially with the buzz being that Bernie gave a solid performance and came in a strong second. Biden (likely) managed to avert his decline in the polls for awhile, but the momentum remains with Bernie and I doubt coming second by a few points as the last polling suggested is going to hurt that in a state where Biden has been the frontrunner since day one, and by a much bigger margin.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

DynamicSloth posted:

He started out at 40% and has been steadily dropping all year?
This isn’t polling but it was 50/50 on Saturday and now Biden up 70/30. This is chances of winning SC.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Josh Lyman posted:

This isn’t polling but it was 50/50 on Saturday and now Biden up 70/30. This is chances of winning SC.

This isn't worth poo poo since Bloomberg started manipulating those markets.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Even my ultra-Liberal Democratic dad said it was "packed with jacket and tie crowd."

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jacobin's claiming that tickets to the debate cost $3000 a piece. If so, it would explain the love for rich people.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Jacobin's claiming that tickets to the debate cost $3000 a piece. If so, it would explain the love for rich people.

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/1232490089298554880

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

It was 1750, not 3000. The New York Times said this as well

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

The Butt is now on CNN.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Even my ultra-Liberal Democratic dad said it was "packed with jacket and tie crowd."

Walk like 2 blocks south of Gaillard and you’ll know exactly who was there.

Millionaire Hasell st DINOs who have anti-drilling and Coastal Conservation League stickers on their loaded Range Rovers but also write opeds bemoaning the panhandlers outside FIG

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I did not deserve to go home from a messy day at work to read through this debate. Or to see Buttigieg shake Bernies hand and infect with with Corona-Chan.

I feel scared

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Business Insider has a Winners/Losers piece out about the debate. Long story short their take is:

Loser: Bloomberg

Winners: Warren for kicking Bloomberg's teeth in again. Bernie for weathering the attacks pretty well.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Yes, Pete, let's let the black vote learn about you. (he's on CNN right now)

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

MegaZeroX posted:

It was 1750, not 3000. The New York Times said this as well

Both. 3000 was probably front seats.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Cannot believe there are still seven candidates.
Cannot loving believe that two of them are billionaires who bought their way in.
Totally can believe that one of the billionaires bought the crowd.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I’m glad Pete is going to be completely irrelevant in a week. He’s a little weasel.

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008

PotatoManJack posted:

Winners: Warren for kicking Bloomberg's teeth in again. Bernie for weathering the attacks pretty well.

"For weathering the attacks from both the debaters and bought crowd, you won. (Please don't bring up the bought crowd)"

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Faustian Bargain posted:

I’m glad Pete is going to be completely irrelevant in a week. He’s a little weasel.

I'll never vote for him ever

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Channeling my irritation into a giant middle finger and giving 100 more dollars to Bernard Sanders

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

MegaZeroX posted:

Right now I'm just reviewing the answers for the personal motto thing and I forgot that Klob's answer was literally "politics is about improving people's lives." This somehow manages to be more empty than even Buttigeg's LOL.

Even funnier that her answer to part 1 of that question was "I'm not boring!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

Even funnier that her answer to part 1 of that question was "I'm not boring!"

Me thinks she doth protest too much.