Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

Josh Lyman posted:

This isn’t polling but it was 50/50 on Saturday and now Biden up 70/30. This is chances of winning SC.

Predictit doesn't know poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

I somehow slept through the entire debate. How did it go?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

kidkissinger posted:

Congratulations, you just won the debate.

Dark Knight
Dec 13, 2008

kidkissinger posted:

Good news, you won the debate.

E:f;b

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Congratulations, you just won the debate.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

So Bloomberg paid off a whole bunch of people to make it look like he paid off a whole bunch of people.

Considering most people don’t watch these debates but instead just read about the 2 to 3 interesting things that happened like Bloomberg paying off the crowd I’m not worried.

Just remember that they polled everyone’s favorability and Bloomberg was bottom of Democrats and bottom amongst all voters.

This guy is Steyer except people actively hate him for the loving poo poo he’s done.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BIDEN LAW!

Tommy needs bongs!

BIDEN LAW!

Tommy needs bongs!

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Bloomberg literally takes zero votes from Bernie.

Him entering the race splits the other people’s votes more.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

spunkshui posted:

So Bloomberg paid off a whole bunch of people to make it look like he paid off a whole bunch of people.

TBF, those people paid Bloomberg for the honor.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

PotatoManJack posted:

Business Insider has a Winners/Losers piece out about the debate. Long story short their take is:

Loser: Bloomberg

Winners: Warren for kicking Bloomberg's teeth in again. Bernie for weathering the attacks pretty well.

I wasn't able to watch. What did she get him on this time?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I kind of think Steyer is an ok dude

Confession

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Gatts posted:

Confession

You know he's a billion right?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gatts posted:

Confession

it can't be stressed enough, he bought into private prisons long after we all knew how horrific private prisons are. If bloomberg wasn't there he'd actually be one of the most despicable people on the stage

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I wasn't able to watch. What did she get him on this time?

She reminded us of the time he allegedly told a pregnant employee to “kill it” in front of a whole office of people.

Gatts posted:

Confession

I mean he’s definitely no Mikey Bloomers

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

spunkshui posted:

Bloomberg literally takes zero votes from Bernie.

Him entering the race splits the other people’s votes more.

Well he does take votes from him with because attack ads. Votes that won't go to him either, but he will do damage spending $50 million a week on attack ads

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Faustian Bargain posted:

I’m glad Pete is going to be completely irrelevant in a week. He’s a little weasel.
Yeah I've had enough of seeing him on camera.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Electric Bugaloo posted:

She reminded us of the time he allegedly told a pregnant employee to “kill it” in front of a whole office of people.

Oh poo poo she went there? Awesome

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Did she slaughter him as badly as last time?

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Yeah I've had enough of seeing him on camera.

Pete really had to do something to turn the tide of his campaign during this debate. It's why he was so aggressive and downright annoying the way he was trying to but in. It didn't come off well for him at all, and we hopefully won't have to see him in another debate.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

yea while everyone went knives out for bernie she mostly stuck to going 'no but seriously gently caress you Mike, I'm gonna kick the poo poo out of you back stage if you make eye contact with me'

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Probably not quite as bad as last time, but she still landed a few really hefty punches, with the Kill It one being the most notable. She also brought up his tax returns again, and also hit him on Stop & Frisk again.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Electric Bugaloo posted:

She also pointed out his support of several Republican senators' campaigns, including Scott Brown's, and that that meant he will never earn the trust of Democratic voters.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

She also pointed out his support of several Republican senators' campaigns, including Scott Brown's, and that that meant he will never earn the trust of Democratic voters.

And Lindsey Graham. Don't forget the spineless wonder!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Pete lol clinging to grass roots. He’s either getting horrible advice or he’s clueless

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Seemed like she was trying too hard. It worked for her last time so she kept going back to well on that one. It basically freed everyone else up to attack Bernie.

gandlethorpe posted:

This one felt most effective to me. I mean, Lindsey loving Graham?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

Seemed like she was trying too hard. It worked for her last time so she kept going back to well on that one. It basically freed everyone else up to attack Bernie.

TBF, they were going to gank Bernie regardless.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
https://twitter.com/alex_sammon/status/1232519523657539586?s=20

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

Warren has been shockingly poor on substance for a supposed policy wonk.

This has always been the case.

I unironically think that a large reason people think she's a policy wonk is because she wears glasses.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

they lost their in-house ratfuck debate group? lmao :hmbol: eat poo poo

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
god damnit I want to give bernie sanders more money but my i gotta wait formoney to hit the account in the morning

probably good because im drunk

bernie loving sanders

lol whoops i thought this was the cspam bernie thread

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:bernpop:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

no poo poo, he nailed every attack against them.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Full breakdown:

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1232523333649997826

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think Bernie's performance was good and there's nothing to worry about in that respect.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

sexpig by night posted:

it can't be stressed enough, he bought into private prisons long after we all knew how horrific private prisons are. If bloomberg wasn't there he'd actually be one of the most despicable people on the stage

Thanks for pointing it out. I missed that

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Couple of minor stumbles but generally good, and the weirdly out of sync partisan crowd will have put off the viewing audience. Don’t expect a lot of major changes from this.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gatts posted:

Thanks for pointing it out. I missed that

yea he, for good reason, super hides it and pretends he just, I guess found a bunch of billions in the woods one day, but he's an absolute demon.

He's funny, I completely agree, just because he's such a goober, but he's a goober with a body count

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
Matthew 5:40

If Bernie Sanders asks you for $30, give him $100 as well.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Quite surprised Biden scored so high. He really seem to be struggling to even just put together coherent sentences a few times. Possibly his high mark was just related to people who already liked him and wasn't really performanced based I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

dr_rat posted:

Quite surprised Biden scored so high. He really seem to be struggling to even just put together coherent sentences a few times. Possibly his high mark was just related to people who already liked him and wasn't really performanced based I guess?

kinda. biden came off as pretty clear and personable. klob was bad but not super awful. pete and bloomberg were terrible. warren was weak but had some strong moments.