Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Finally finished the manhunt. Here’s how to finish it if you get one of those bugs.

-First, make sure you do all of the manhunt things solo. Do not do them in a group. You’ll either gently caress yourself, or gently caress a teammate.
-Turn the difficulty down to normal for the purposes of saving time

-Reset your manhunt. Log out and back in.
-You’ll see 4 side missions at the Castle to meet the people you’re about to rescue. Do NOT do these side missions. You’ll gently caress yourself if you do.

-Do the manhunt stuff as normal. After you finish one, you’ll see the new task to meet that particular person. You can meet that person then and only then.

-Rinse repeat until you unlock Camp White Oak.

During the course of the manhunt, you may magically unlock Camp White Oak. Before you’ve rescued all 4 people. Do NOT do White Oak at this time. Do White Oak after you’ve rescued and met everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I’m going in. Wish me luck.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

jabro posted:

I’m going in. Wish me luck.

Before you start, check each missing person in the manhunt. If the “meet x person” isn’t crossed off but you’ve already done that rescue part of the manhunt, you’re hosed. Just save the time and reset.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I thankfully didn’t encounter the bug but that was a dumb fight.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If you're having trouble soloing the manhunt boss fight on harder difficulties and want to maintain your Gamer Honour I have a couple of suggestions, besides doing it in a group.

1) Leave one of the Black Tusk that spawn alive. Preferably one of the heal box guys after breaking their heal box - definitely don't leave a shotgunner alive. But as long as one is alive another full group won't spawn and after a few deaths before I used suggestion #2 it seemed like the healers are far more likely to stay further away or outright lose track of you as you run around to avoid the boss.

2) Try out an Umbra Initiative build. It has far, far less damage potential than Strikers but when all you're facing is 1 or 2 enemies, even if one of them is a hunter, the armor regen you get while in cover (after standing out of cover for a few seconds) is invaluable to heal chip damage or save you from someone running around a corner. You also get a decent damage bonus while you're out of cover (after being in cover for a few seconds). The build I had on was Coyote mask, Fox's Prayer knees, and then Umbra on Chest/Back/Holster/Gloves. If you just hang around one of the big storage boxes you can easily cycle the bonuses from staying in cover or being out of cover while hiding from the boss as needed.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 29, 2023

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Also, remember you won't actually kill him. Once you get rid of his armor, he heals, then you just have to avoid him until your objective is to go back inside the house.

I also think his vulnerability window isn't time based, but rather based on damage. Once you chip away two armor bars, he's invulnerable, then you wait for next window.

Like what you mentioned, something with high survivability (in that case armor regeneration) is good. Also he will hack skills like drones, so for healing, I'd go with chem launcher that you can just plop on yourself real quick.

The fight is definitely designed around NOT being able to use skills.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I don't know if the vulnerability window is entirely based on damage, but it'll definitely end quickly if you lay into him. I've done it on hard a few times while shepherding, and I try to get next to him when the window is about to open. If I empty a mag into him, it's over in like two seconds. I think I had to repeat that three times before the call to run inside

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

404notfound posted:

I don't know if the vulnerability window is entirely based on damage, but it'll definitely end quickly if you lay into him. I've done it on hard a few times while shepherding, and I try to get next to him when the window is about to open. If I empty a mag into him, it's over in like two seconds. I think I had to repeat that three times before the call to run inside

Yeah that would track with what I mentioned. Every time I've done it, whether solo, or with a group, it's two bars. He has 6 armor bars, so your three cycles checks out.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Kibayasu posted:

2) Try out an Umbra Initiative build. It has far, far less damage potential than Strikers but when all you're facing is 1 or 2 enemies, even if one of them is a hunter, the armor regen you get while in cover (after standing out of cover for a few seconds) is invaluable to heal chip damage or save you from someone running around a corner. You also get a decent damage bonus while you're out of cover (after being in cover for a few seconds). The build I had on was Coyote mask, Fox's Prayer knees, and then Umbra on Chest/Back/Holster/Gloves. If you just hang around one of the big storage boxes you can easily cycle the bonuses from staying in cover or being out of cover while hiding from the boss as needed.

I don't know if it's the most efficient, but I really like the Umbra setup that I have: Gunner spec, Ninjabike backpack, three Umbra including chest, Picaro holster and Uzina kneepads. Get crit rate above 50% or so and then crit damage for the rest, although I think I'm running PfE mods at the moment. Crusader shield and riot foam for skills.

I have a Police M4 with optimist (to help a little with ammo efficiency) and a Vector with fast hands. Busy Little Bee on the sidearm so you can tag targets for more weapon damage while in cover recharging your RPM/crit damage stacks.

The backpack gives all three cores, and so does Picaro's with the two-piece bonus. Uzina gets you 10% armor on kill for two-piece, so combined with the AoK from Gunner you get 20% per kill. With this you end up with five red cores, three blue, three yellow, lots of armor on kill, and of course the armor regeneration from Umbra. The shield and foam let you approach and focus fire priority targets, plus you get a tier 6 shield between all the blue and yellow. It's plenty sturdy so the only thing to watch out for is overextending.

There's probably plenty of room to play around with it, like using different weapons or switching to Firewall spec for the flamethrower (the Gunner minigun is probably the worst spec weapon out of all of them). But it's fairly easy to put together since you don't have to recalibrate any cores.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

404notfound posted:

I don't know if it's the most efficient, but I really like the Umbra setup that I have: Gunner spec, Ninjabike backpack, three Umbra including chest, Picaro holster and Uzina kneepads. Get crit rate above 50% or so and then crit damage for the rest, although I think I'm running PfE mods at the moment. Crusader shield and riot foam for skills.

I have a Police M4 with optimist (to help a little with ammo efficiency) and a Vector with fast hands. Busy Little Bee on the sidearm so you can tag targets for more weapon damage while in cover recharging your RPM/crit damage stacks.

The backpack gives all three cores, and so does Picaro's with the two-piece bonus. Uzina gets you 10% armor on kill for two-piece, so combined with the AoK from Gunner you get 20% per kill. With this you end up with five red cores, three blue, three yellow, lots of armor on kill, and of course the armor regeneration from Umbra. The shield and foam let you approach and focus fire priority targets, plus you get a tier 6 shield between all the blue and yellow. It's plenty sturdy so the only thing to watch out for is overextending.

There's probably plenty of room to play around with it, like using different weapons or switching to Firewall spec for the flamethrower (the Gunner minigun is probably the worst spec weapon out of all of them). But it's fairly easy to put together since you don't have to recalibrate any cores.

I had those pieces in a loadout from when I was just messing around with some gear sets so I doubt mine is as optimized as it could be anyways.

Though I think it was probably good I had at least the backpack improvement for Umbra because you basically have no skills during the boss fight.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
I just want Division 3 to be good

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Huragok posted:

I just want Division 3 to be good

I'm actually optimistic (famous last words). I think most things in Division 2 in terms of gameplay were an improvement over the first one. Re-working gear and talents in Div 2 ended up being great overall and actually allowing for build diversity.

Avatar has mosty positive above average reviews. Once we get a real look at Star Wars game, I'll know whether I can feel more confident or not in Div 3.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Hey thread! I played div2 for a good bit, and bought the DLC but never got around to playing it much. I'm looking forward to the upcoming update in order to take another bite from an honestly underrated gem of a game.

That said, I'm also planning on getting Ubisoft+ in order to play the new prince of Persia metroidvania (which looks sick), and I've been looking for info on this but haven't found anything on it. Does an Ubi+ subscription come with any benefits for Division? Do I get a cool hat?

Ubisoft+ has to be the dumbest subscription in gaming, but since I'm already paying for it to save 30€ on a metroidvania, hey, might as well squeeze it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Hey thread! I played div2 for a good bit, and bought the DLC but never got around to playing it much. I'm looking forward to the upcoming update in order to take another bite from an honestly underrated gem of a game.

That said, I'm also planning on getting Ubisoft+ in order to play the new prince of Persia metroidvania (which looks sick), and I've been looking for info on this but haven't found anything on it. Does an Ubi+ subscription come with any benefits for Division? Do I get a cool hat?

Ubisoft+ has to be the dumbest subscription in gaming, but since I'm already paying for it to save 30€ on a metroidvania, hey, might as well squeeze it.

No. Division 2 routinely goes on sale for cheap (the ultimate edition is $25 USD on their site right now) so I would just buy it if you really want to dig into it.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Jose Oquendo posted:

No. Division 2 routinely goes on sale for cheap (the ultimate edition is $25 USD on their site right now) so I would just buy it if you really want to dig into it.

Oh yeah, I've got the game and DLC, just wondering if I could get anything else from the sub. Guess I can cram a few days of Skull & Bones in before it lapses (I want to see how bad it'll end up being)

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Patch notes for the new season PTS

https://trello.com/c/tfOuitqE/175-year-5-season-3-pts-2-patch-notes

Interesting new tank built and talents. There's talents that appear to specifically draw aggro and talents that do more damage if you don't have aggro on you. Interesting to see how a group would do if one person was the tank and the other 3 had the damage dealing talents if they aren't targeted.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

It really is wild that this game still doesn't have crossplay. Destiny 2, Diablo 4, Warframe, and almost literally every other looter on the market has it! Cheating isn't an issue in the PVE aspect of any of these games -- it's just bewildering

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

It really is wild that this game still doesn't have crossplay. Destiny 2, Diablo 4, Warframe, and almost literally every other looter on the market has it! Cheating isn't an issue in the PVE aspect of any of these games -- it's just bewildering
They said the different platform versions have enough differences that they're not compatible and probably had enough on their plate just making the game run at all

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Decoy for days.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Maybe not crossplay but cross saves is a thing I would have used time ago but whatever now.

Edit: lol 2pc Brazos with ninjabike is going to be nuts, 3pc bonus is 50% mag size holy poo poo.

What are all these health buffs? if armor is something that goes down quick, why would I want 60% extra health right now?

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 18, 2024

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Guillermus posted:

What are all these health buffs? if armor is something that goes down quick, why would I want 60% extra health right now?

Health is being equalized across the board to about 330k max at SHD level 2000. +90% health from 3pc Ceska for example gives about ~297k health, which is about 1.6 armor cores. Health also regenerates 5 percent per second after not being damaged for 5 seconds, so it's actually a fair amount of survivability, let alone something like Hunter's Fury regenerating 100% of your health on kill. If you go all in on the health bonuses you can get something like 1.2 million health.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 18, 2024

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Looks like the new exotic rifle will be locked behind the Descent NSA store. If you want it, start farming for the currency if you don’t have a stockpile.

There will also be a new outfit with four different color variants in there

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

jabro posted:

Looks like the new exotic rifle will be locked behind the Descent NSA store. If you want it, start farming for the currency if you don’t have a stockpile.

There will also be a new outfit with four different color variants in there

Jeez, I'm not a fan of Descent but I really miss having a decent MDR since Div1 so... and no, I'm not going to use the new exotic to target different parts when I can just slap Boomerang or Rifleman on a MDR.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

In the PTS, the new exotic costs 350 descent bux.

That's not too bad a grind. I played some over the past could days and I have 500 or so.

The outfits are like 1600 or something like that though. That's a loooot more grinding if you want all 4.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I missed the D1 dark zone so much I installed the drat game just to tinker with cosmetics.

(also curious how much bot spam I'll see in global chat / how hard my new GPU will crush it)

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Shumagorath posted:

I missed the D1 dark zone so much I installed the drat game just to tinker with cosmetics.

(also curious how much bot spam I'll see in global chat / how hard my new GPU will crush it)

Part of me hopes a good portion of the Brooklyn DLC is just a massive new DZ.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Pandaal posted:

Part of me hopes a good portion of the Brooklyn DLC is just a massive new DZ.
Wait we’re getting Brooklyn in D2??

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Yeah, they’ve confirmed year 6 will contain a new DLC, they’ve teased Brooklyn as the location but there’s enough info out there that people are considering it confirmed.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Completely missed that lol

Shame it's delayed to 2025. New zone could be like Piers North in Div1 where you get dynamic events, factions work together and such. Resistance was a cool mode. Always said that recycling Div1 map with Div2 activities, control points and bounties would be awesome. Plus you can recover survival.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I figure the only reason they didn't do it is because they'd have to rebuild it from the ground up. Div2 map is 1:1 scaled with the real world location but Div1 map isn't, it's quite a bit smaller.

Survival is so good I still log in like once a year just to play a session or two. The only thing I'd really want to improve on it is how long it takes.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 24, 2024

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Yeah the new DLC is confirmed in Brooklyn.

As for the Dark Zone, I doubt we'll see a new DZ until the sequel. I hope it's one big DZ, that rotates an invaded version every so many hours or days.

The new season drops in a couple weeks which includes a lot of stuff from Project Resolve. Interested to see how things turn out with the gear brand tweaks. I'm not sure if the gear mod changes are being rolled out with that as well or if that comes later.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Could someone familiar with Brooklyn tell us what sights of interest there are there? Stuff that might end up as mission scenery.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh no I just thought of the tunnels

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh no I just thought of the tunnels

There's other buildings I know of in Brooklyn that have tunnels like that. They aren't a secret or anything.

As for landmarks, I can't really think of any. Brooklyn is more about its neighborhoods. You've got places like Dumbo, Heights, Williamsburg, etc. You could also probably do a neat set piece on the Brooklyn and/or Manhattan bridges. There's also the Barclay center.

Breaking Glass
Dec 15, 2021

Greenwood Cemetery would be absolutely stunning.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm not sure if the gear mod changes are being rolled out with that as well or if that comes later.

The gear mod changes were about making them like weapon rolls, right? In the sense that you "loot" a 12% CHD and you can just use three of them on your gear instead of waiting to get 3x these items.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Guillermus posted:

The gear mod changes were about making them like weapon rolls, right? In the sense that you "loot" a 12% CHD and you can just use three of them on your gear instead of waiting to get 3x these items.

Yeah they will behave like weapon mods. Once you loot a 12%CHD mod, you've 'unlocked' it and can attach it anywhere that takes gear mods. I also assume they won't have an inventory thing for them nor take up stash space. It's a welcome change that should have been implemented at launch.

edit: With mods being easier to use, I think we might see some more interesting builds. I always forget, but you can have up to 7 gear mods equipped. Chill Out mask has 2 slots, and then if you use improvised version of everything else you have 5 gear mods slots.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 24, 2024

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Ah nice, I just found my first 13% PfE mod, so I guess now I can use three of them for free :buddy:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I can no longer lord it over the rest of the goon clan that I have 4 13% PFE mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

UnknownMercenary posted:

I can no longer lord it over the rest of the goon clan that I have 4 13% PFE mods.

You can because I hate you right now.