Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

UnknownMercenary posted:

I can no longer lord it over the rest of the goon clan that I have 4 13% PFE mods.

No worries because I do have 4 split in two characters :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm still missing a few max roll gear and skill mods, and I'm missing one thing in my recalibration library, max reload speed on pistols.

There's also a change that makes filling out that recalibration library important.

Right now you can use optimization to get max rolls on a gear piece. That is changing. You'll only be able to optimize an attribute to whatever you have in your recalibration library. For example, right now you could take a gun with a low weapon damage roll and optimize it to 15%, even if you don't have that value in your recalibration library. Now you can't do that. If you only have 12% SMG damage in your library for example, that's the highest you can recalibrate an SMG to.

edit: Another good change is that you can now recalibrate the third attribute on exotics. That will make quite a few guns very very good.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

edit: Another good change is that you can now recalibrate the third attribute on exotics. That will make quite a few guns very very good.

Buffed Eagle Bearer, Backfire, Scorpio to name a few ones that I'll reroll

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
So if I understand correctly, Brooklyn is basically a surburb for people too hip or not rich enough to live in Manhattan? Raising the question of why we'd even go there as an expansion?

"Agent, we've located her. Sokolova is holed up in an artisan bagel bakery that used to have four and a half stars on Yelp. Your point of entry will either be through the basement of the building next door; a combination fixed gear bicycle shop/espresso bar, or the floor directly above, which used to be a hand-inked tattoo boutique."

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Torquemada posted:

So if I understand correctly, Brooklyn is basically a surburb for people too hip or not rich enough to live in Manhattan? Raising the question of why we'd even go there as an expansion?

"Agent, we've located her. Sokolova is holed up in an artisan bagel bakery that used to have four and a half stars on Yelp. Your point of entry will either be through the basement of the building next door; a combination fixed gear bicycle shop/espresso bar, or the floor directly above, which used to be a hand-inked tattoo boutique."

You joke but I'm willing to bet this kind of humor is going to be front and center. Don't know how you don't acknowledge Brooklyn's reputation for this kind of thing with how this game utilizes environmental storytelling.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Torquemada posted:

“Agent, ISAAC has traced Sokolova to Crown Heights, she’s holed up in the Chabad Synagogue. LMB has all the entrances barricaded and heavily guarded, but we’re reading a tunnel that isn’t on any of the maps. That’s our way in.”

Breaking Glass
Dec 15, 2021

Torquemada posted:

It's actually the largest, most populous, and second most dense boro after Manhattan, and roughly 4x the density of D.C. or Chicago.

There's plenty of reasons to live in BK instead of Manhattan other than not being rich. And plenty of people living in Manhattan who aren't rich. It's basically like a whole major city on its own.

Still pushing for Greenwood Cemetery, but the crown heights tunnels are a strong contender. Or more of coney island than the cyclone's stadium. Even being able to cross the bridges to Manhattan would be cool as hell, but probably too big of a map for this game.

Ooh, or the domino sugar factory. Or the wastewater plant. Or the navy yards. Or grand army plaza / prospect park / BK museum / botanical gardens. Idk, lots of good options. Just fighting under the BQE would be neat.

Or Eric Adams' phony apartment.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Breaking Glass posted:

Ooh, or the domino sugar factory. Or the wastewater plant. Or the navy yards. Or grand army plaza / prospect park / BK museum / botanical gardens. Idk, lots of good options. Just fighting under the BQE would be neat.

Ok, this sounds like there's actual infrastructure that might be interesting to fight over

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Anybody still playing on PS4?

I just started messing around with Div1 and 2 again after a few years of not playing. On PS4. Sent a join request to COINCELPRO in game. Joined the Discord but it's, uh, kind of confusing to my dumb old brain.

Anyway, I cleared the Warlords DLC at some point but have no idea what else I was doing or where I left off. I'll be trying to remember how to play over the next couple of days.

Edit- Correction, I have the Warlords DLC but I don't think I've done much of it.

Paying2Lurk fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 26, 2024

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Paying2Lurk posted:

Anybody still playing on PS4?

I just started messing around with Div1 and 2 again after a few years of not playing. On PS4. Sent a join request to COINCELPRO in game. Joined the Discord but it's, uh, kind of confusing to my dumb old brain.

Anyway, I cleared the Warlords DLC at some point but have no idea what else I was doing or where I left off. I'll be trying to remember how to play over the next couple of days.

I got you in the clan. If you want to toss me a friend request I'll help out when I can. joedbaker

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Jose Oquendo posted:

I got you in the clan. If you want to toss me a friend request I'll help out when I can. joedbaker

Thanks! I'm just trying to remember the basics so I won't bother anyone until I remember what I'm actually doing.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Any goon xbox clans? I picked it up for cheap to mess around with.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Jose Oquendo posted:

Any goon xbox clans? I picked it up for cheap to mess around with.

Don’t know of a goon one but I am in The Fun Factory (TFF) which is pretty chill. We get the gold clan stash easily every week at least. People do legendary missions as well.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I've been playing a fair amount of Descent this weekend farming for NSA bux. I figured I'd pass along what I've learned.

First, I honestly wouldn't bother with group play. The mode was designed as a single player mode, with the MP added in later during development. It shows. I do not think it's balanced correctly for multiplayer. It's much easier in single player mode, thus you get more NSA bux and caches.

As for guns, I would recommend ARs, SMGs, and shotguns. But use whatever you're most comfortable with. Don't underestimate your pistol. You can actually clear most normal enemies with it, saving your ammo for veteran or elites.

Skills are trickier because they're very RNG dependent and you want to try and get talents that work with your skills, but I would recommend the following:

-Reviver hive
-Explosive or burn sticky
-Riot foam

They're good skills because they can do a bit of damage, CC enemies, but more importantly they cannot be hacked by the Nemesis. The Nemesis can hack all turrets, seekers, striker drone, and seeker hive. You can get along fine without them so don't bother with them until you've cleared the Nemesis. After that, go for whatever skills you want, but I'd recommend anything I mentioned above but also incinerator turret and stinger hive. I'd also recommend the striker drone if you can get the Spark talent

Exotic Talents.

-Plague of the Outcasts. This is probably the best overall exotic in the mode. It puts a DOT on enemies and when that enemy dies it transfers to nearby enemies.
-Breathe Free and Adaptive Instincts are both talents that can amplify damage, so they're good ones to pick as well.
-Bullet Hell is a solid choice too. If you pick this one, make sure you max out your ammo capacity ASAP. This talent also makes pistols super useful since you never have to stop and reload. Note that optimist does NOT work if you have Bullet Hell.

Talents:

Offensive:
Vigilance
Composure (I would avoid overwatch since you probably won't be in cover long enough)
Pummel
Optimist (if you aren't using bullet hell)
Allegro
Obliterate
Spark (works really well with the striker drone)

Those talents (except for Allegro) give weapon damage bonus. There's talents like Surgical and Critical that you can go with too, but you'd really need to stack those to benefit

Defensive:

Preservation. I can't recommend this one enough. Stack this one as high as you can.
Efficient
Insulate
Entrenched

I'll be honest and say I don't like most of the defensive talents. A lot of them are very situational and RNG dependent on the skills you have. The ones I recommend are really loving good though.

Utility:
Trauma. This is another must have talent. Grab it the first chance you get even if you have to replace another skill.
Eyeless
Sadist
Ignited
Surge
Empowered

I listed 4 utility talents that all involve status effects. Those are really good to utilize. If you use the explosive sticky, burn sticky, or flame turret, you can do a lot more damage with ignited. Eyeless and Sadist work with trauma since you're putting that status on enemies. Status effects are great for bosses and the nemesis. Also consider the vindictive talent since you'll do more damage to enemies under a status effect.

Other notes: When you finish a loop and can boost a stat, don't bother with skill. I would go with a balance of damage and armor. Increasing armor is the best way to improve survivability, compared to the many skills to improve your damage output.

Just do easy rooms. You'll get more than enough descent bux to get everything you need. Definitely do the boss rooms if you're up to it since you want that NSA money.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I do hard/medium rooms before the Nemesis since that lets you get more talents before the fight then if I feel like going on further I switch to easy/medium.

Concussion is also an extremely strong damage talent once you get a few tiers in and it’s not that hard to get headshot kills. Intimidate is also very good if you get the bonus armor talents.

My strategy so far has been to priority red talent rooms whenever I can and take armor after every boss. You might need to go for a blue room occasionally for important things like Preservation or Adrenaline Rush but those will probably come naturally enough. Increasing your armor also give you more bonus armor, a bigger regen from Preservation. Leadership, if you happen to find it in lieu of other more useful talents can also give a ton of bonus armor for no effort.

After a few levels of intimidate the Bloodsucker exotic talent also becomes extremely strong.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I've never messed with the bonus armor talents but maybe I should give it a shot.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

They don’t start off great, especially Adrenaline Rush, even when combined with Intimidate but once you get a few tiers in each they’re a good way of getting a pretty decent damage increase. And since most rooms in Descent are pretty small doing a cover move (to get leadership) close to an enemy (to get adrenaline rush) and then blind firing (to keep the bonus armor) works pretty well well for a while.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

They're doing a livestream on Twitch at 10:30am Eastern (about 90 minutes from now) on the new season and changes.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/the-division/the-division-2/news-updates/4Q5mYbSvaH9H3YZtMiraHs/year-5-season-3-vanguard#manhunt

All the upcoming changes tomorrow.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Golden Bullet is running for another 6 days, right? Shouldn't the patch come afterwards? Just asking because I didn't follow the PTS and I only know about a bunch of changes, mostly buffs to brands

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Guillermus posted:

Golden Bullet is running for another 6 days, right? Shouldn't the patch come afterwards? Just asking because I didn't follow the PTS and I only know about a bunch of changes, mostly buffs to brands

Golden Bullet ends in like 12 hours.

Servers go down 3:30 eastern for 3 hours (lmao), patch deployed.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Jose Oquendo posted:

So get those stars spent. I got 5 exotic caches with mine, glad I remembered.

The new gear set with 10% aok for one piece sounds good, means I can change my 4 Striker/2 Belstone for 4 Striker/1 x Belstone/1x something more interesting.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Ugh, the storms in California have left me without power for about a day and a half now and I'm wondering if I'll be able to get back on and spend my event stars in time. I've been doing nothing but named caches for the past couple of weeks in hopes of getting a Virginian named 1886, since it's a DZ exclusive and I refuse to go in there

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

monkeytennis posted:

So get those stars spent. I got 5 exotic caches with mine, glad I remembered.

The new gear set with 10% aok for one piece sounds good, means I can change my 4 Striker/2 Belstone for 4 Striker/1 x Belstone/1x something more interesting.

Coyote mask

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

Oh nice, I thought it had a week more before patch. I won't be playing until next week at least.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

DO NOT attempt to recalibrate your exotics. Something is bugged. Users are reporting the items are disappearing after recalibration. I can't even recalibrate them at all (I'm on PlayStation). They need to fix it.

Shocking I know.

edit: The issue appears to be when reconfiguring an exotic if your inventory Is full. Related to this, the recalibrating an exotic isn't quite what I thought it was going to be. You cannot recalibrate the third talent, that is swapping it out for another attribute like with other gear items. You can reconfigure an exotic at the crafting bench, with the third talent being random. So there's a bit of RNG to get the third talent that you want.

double edit:

lmao. Have they ever put a giant warning on the title screen before?

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 6, 2024

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

Related to this, the recalibrating an exotic isn't quite what I thought it was going to be. You cannot recalibrate the third talent, that is swapping it out for another attribute like with other gear items. You can reconfigure an exotic at the crafting bench, with the third talent being random. So there's a bit of RNG to get the third talent that you want.

The few things I knew from the PTS is that recalibrating the 3rd stat was really reconfiguring. Just that they added random rolls on older exotics like they did with newer ones like Iron Lung.

Looks like it's safe to not try poo poo besides farming new gear and wait till they fix whatever they broke on patch that was working on PTS :lmao:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/2ySsKiU.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/hjOUnFG.gifv

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nice arm stretch

Edit: Not doubleposting.

What issues are they aware of from this patch?

-Exotic recalibration with full inventory (avoidable)
-Tooltips of a bunch of armor perks not updated
-Rock 'n Roll AA12 mag size bugged after weapon switch (like the 1 in the chamber for every other weapon)

Anything else that I'm missing?

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Feb 12, 2024

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Guillermus posted:

Nice arm stretch

Edit: Not doubleposting.

-Exotic recalibration with full inventory (avoidable)
-Tooltips of a bunch of armor perks not updated
-Rock 'n Roll AA12 mag size bugged after weapon switch (like the 1 in the chamber for every other weapon)

Anything else that I'm missing?

I bought the Lovebirds cosmetic pack because I wanted the hoodie and weapon skins. I cannot equip ANY of the items in the pack except the hoodie. They don't actually show in my inventory. If I go to the store and select them, they show as purchased but the 'equip' button is greyed out. I know I'm a big dumb baby for buying cosmetics and I got what I deserved.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Flashbang effects turn the screen black instead of white.

e: maybe intentional? it's not in the patch notes.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Feb 12, 2024

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

UnknownMercenary posted:

Flashbang effects turn the screen black instead of white.

e: maybe intentional? it's not in the patch notes.

Oh yeah I got blinded by a tank and I thought the game glitched because all went black lol

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Guillermus posted:

That's the worst one, but it's also impacts a lot of other things that alter the magazine size. If you reload when not empty to put a round in the chamber, that one gets lost if you swap and then swap back. Same if you've got an expanded magazine from the Lucky Shot talent.

Also, when I'm going through and marking things as loot, the name of the selected item seems to disappear now.

And yeah, I think the blind effect change is intentional. It's weird that it would go black instead of white, but it's a lot easier on the eyes, especially if you're playing in a dark room at night

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Jose Oquendo posted:

I bought the Lovebirds cosmetic pack because I wanted the hoodie and weapon skins. I cannot equip ANY of the items in the pack except the hoodie. They don't actually show in my inventory. If I go to the store and select them, they show as purchased but the 'equip' button is greyed out. I know I'm a big dumb baby for buying cosmetics and I got what I deserved.

Logging in and out fixed this for me.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Torquemada posted:

Logging in and out fixed this for me.

I did that multiple times. I think this is going to get fixed with the maintenance coming up

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Did they stop giving a proficiency cache per watch level up? Or just for me.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

monkeytennis posted:

Did they stop giving a proficiency cache per watch level up? Or just for me.

That gets replaced by the season track rewards on level up. You'll get the proficiency caches again once you max out the season track.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I've played so much Descent I managed to finish the season track.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Normally I'm all for roguelike/roguelite modes in games (freelancer mode in Hitman got its hooks in me hard), but for some reason I just bounced right off of Descent. Maybe it's because a run can (or used to) take a long loving time, and you can't preserve your progress in the middle of it. Or just the fact that it's completely siloed off from the main game experience and none of your builds or progression matter at all.

It kinda sucks too since they periodically release new lore audio clips exclusively available through Descent, though I guess you can always just look up NGN's videos to hear them instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Survival had those problems too but it was more fun. I just don't think Descent is very fun.