Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
So as someone new to the game and just hit 30 last weekend. Is the Kenly College stuff worth doing? Will the item you get from it level up if I purchase WONY?

Also the protecting the server thing in the library is hard AF. Is the rest of the stuff that hard too? I did the IED investigation and that was much easier but haven't tried anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Kenley solo is a bit of a slog. IMO it’s best done with one or two friends on voice chat so you can take it in at its pace.

But also the Diamondback doesn’t go up to 40 afaik. If I were you I’d head into WONY and come back to Kenley later.

I haven't decided on if I want to buy WONY just yet. Also Kenley sounds like a once a year type deal? What about other exotics? Do they scale up?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
How long does it take to grind out an exotic?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What kind of loving game would let you shoot a dog? And who the gently caress is trying to shoot the dogs in the game?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is Skill Power still in the game? As a new player that sure is an unfun mechanic. Just an entire inventory full of mods I can't use. How long does it take to get a specific gear set that can actually let you use the mods you want? And does that gimp you for everything else?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Mailer posted:

I think a random chaingun mook, on Hard, had me emptying five Ranger-fueled FAMAS clips, two hives, and many seekers into him. Enemies in general felt like Div 2 at launch, before whatever anti-sponge measures were taken in the interrim, when I had no DTE and random gear. It feels like they removed DTE... and just stopped there without further adjustments. I don't even want to think what challenging is like.

My optimistic theory is that this is all something that, while extremely lovely for non-expansion-buyers, gets rectified at 40 and it goes back to being fun. Right now at GS500 it's just slogging through every fight in cover waiting on cooldowns on Hard.

New to the game, don't have the expansion. I ran out of ammo trying to blow up a chemical tank for Kenley college. Is that how it was before or is this also a new change?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

Is it the one where you have to throw levers to bring the shield up before you can shoot it? Because if so that might be your problem.

Also with poo poo like that if you're not doing damage check your angle. More than once I've thought I was hammering on something only to need to step to the right six inches because I was barely clipping a crate or tree branch or something between me and the target.

I made the lever one with literally < 1s left after I switched to a shotgun, couldn't even get to 50% with a marksman rifle. The other one with two tanks also in the metro ate all rifle ammo the first time. It was pretty doable but tight with the shotty. I'm sitting there pointblank shooting so it was definitely because the tanks had a million hp.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Chaitai posted:

I stopped playing right after hitting 30 and getting WT2 I think. Is it worth it to boost to get to WT5 to start the expansion or should I play to up there and then get the expansion?

I went from fresh 30 to WT5 in a weekend. It's not a huge time commitment.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is the calibration library the same thing as the cube from Diablo 3?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

Last night I was slightly drunk and up late and started using google maps to run around and see stuff. The NYC map is legit 1:1 when it comes to buildings on streets and what they look like. I only found a few cool places so far, there’s so many! The FBI headquarters up by the circuit courts was next but the servers shut down.

The NYC police department headquarters got turbofucked:

The US NYC Supreme Courts:

Stated Island ferry:

also thought this was a cool thing I’ve only ever seen in post apocalyptic short films:

https://i.imgur.com/veCaLx5.gifv

As a new player and DC resident, I'm super impressed by the accuracy in this game. On one of the very first missions I was like hey, I was there for dinner last weekend. Yup I drove down this street when I went home. The "Viewpoint Museum" is indeed what the Newseum looks like on the inside, right down to the posters/signs emphasizing how important the news is to democracy. Game is great for just running around recognizing poo poo.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is there a button that instantly unattaches you from cover? I always get stuck when I'm trying to run away from grenades.

Also is gear score gone now? All level 40 items of the same rarity have the same armor/damage and just have differently rolled stats?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I breezed through some hard invasion missions and then hit the bank mission. Holy gently caress that last fight. Mortar flinging robot that takes 2 crossbow hits to kill and 2x tanks + a named sniper to fight at the same time. Tried about a dozen times and just gave up. Is there a good way to kill tanks? I couldn't kill them fast enough before they reached me and there's not anywhere to retreat to.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Are higher difficulty drops strictly better or do you just have a higher % chance to get better rolls? Like you could get a perfectly rolled item on normal and it would be the same stats as a perfectly rolled item on heroic just less likely to happen right?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I did a hard DZ and got two weapons with all 3 rolls either perfect or within 5% of perfect. That seems like the easiest way to get gear vs doing heroic stuff.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The only way I beat Keener was planting a grenade where he jumped down and then unloading my shotgun into his face from 3 feet away. Letting the fight last more than a minute meant I was going to lose.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What's the secret to the miniguns? As soon as I reach one there's a spark and it stops working.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Shoren posted:

Combine Preservation on your gun with Bloodsucker on your backpack and that should be pretty good when solo. Preservation repairs a percentage of armor on kill while Bloodsucker gives bonus armor on kill.

Does Bloodsucker count you killing your own stuff too? Whenever I seeker mine I end up with a full blue armor bar even if I don't kill any enemies. Figured maybe the mines blowing up count as kills.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
So I found a Pestilence in a DZ, put it on the extraction line at a helicopter and died. Received nothing in the mail. That's cool. Didn't have any notification that I dropped loot or someone stole my loot. Items just disappeared.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What's the best way to get DZ currency solo?

I saw something about Invaded DZ landmarks on Reddit and I literally got 1 currency after clearing 6 landmarks.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 24, 2020

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Am I better off trying to do targeted rifle loot than trying to farm up 160 credits for that Harmony then?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'm a new relatively new player. I have 3 piece Wyvern 3 piece 3 piece Hana U and some random gun with Spike. My turrets and drone murderizes everything on solo heroic. All other stuff I've tried doesn't work nearly as well and requires gear that's much harder to find. I do have a Pestilence and I tried that with the Striker set and it doesn't work nearly as well.

Am I missing something or does that about sum up how builds are right now?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Kibayasu posted:

It certainly sums up turret/drone builds. They got a huge increase in health against heroic/legendary enemies recently and can survive forever.

Just seems like all other builds are not worth the effort for how difficult they are to put together. Like my build works fine with 0 exotics, set, or named pieces.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Four-Eyes posted:

This isn't an optimised build by any stretch, but the following was a solid foundation for me:

Skill Tier, obviously. 5 if you're a Technician, 6 otherwise. Skill Damage is key, and however much haste you're comfortable with - even on an all red build with no haste my Turret has a 20 second cool down though, and I can't say I've ever felt pressured to speed it up.

Tech Support on your backpack is great. Every time you hit something with your gun you get a 25% damage boost on the Skills, which updates the damage output of your Turret and drone instantly - there's no delay.

I'd suggest Unbreakable on your chest piece, if only for the extra security.

In Sync on your primary weapon. You shoot something and your skills do more damage, skills hit someone your gun does more damage. Both hit something within a generous window and the buff on both is doubled.

Future Perfect would be a decent choice on your secondary if you're brushing up against the Skill Tier cap. Being able to kill something and guarantee overcharge can be valuable and rip through bosses, if they have minions. Only caveat is that it needs a kill not just a simple hit like IS.

Get something roughly like that and you'll be in a solid place to move up.

Yeah this is like easy heroics without having any good gear. Just get Hana U and Wyvern set bonuses. Don't need any exotics or set pieces.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is there a way to find builds besides trawling through these God awful YouTube videos? Ironically some of the better websites I've found are those item selling/boosting sites.

Also is there a goon clan of anything?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
On PC. Got back into the game recently after quitting a month after Warlords. Game is sooo much more fun. Loving the build variety and how easy it is to farm stuff.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Says the roster is full. My username is nox65536,

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Awesome, thanks!

On another note, latest build I'm trying is Hunter's Fury shotgun with Chainkiller + Memento. Sure seems like a feast or famine build. Either I'm one shotting everyone including named elites or I'm spending an entire clip trying to kill a single elite and dying.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Jesus these directives are awful. Is there anyway to reset the ones available?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Directives on the global map. Also the first manhunt is harder than legendary difficulty.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
You lose out on xp if you disable them. The ones available right now are awful. Are you able to choose which ones to use? Summit has choice of like 9 or something, there's only 5 available for the global map and I hate almost all of them.

The manhunt was like all elites with at least 2 healers, 2 rez guys, and 4 robots every fight. It was such a slog. Skill build couldn't kill them fast enough before they reached me. Managed to do it with a tank build but it was a slog.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I do a lot of open world stuff for experience since I'm relatively new to the game. The directives make a big difference.

I also can't imagine playing with fog of war since the AI places itself in the stupidest positions. Playing hide and seek to find the last guy for an objective with no indication of where they are sounds like a nightmare.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Sep 14, 2022

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I can't imagine doing open world with fog of war. I just die a lot so the ammo thing doesn't affect me! Or go pistol/skill builds.

I generally take Ammo Hoarders, Fragile Armor, Hard to Earn, No Regen, and Ragers as freebies. Then Special Ammo, Scavenged Skills, Pistolero depending on build.

Also love how half the directives are bugged. Fragile Armor often doesn't let armor kits remove the debuff. No Regen will randomly turn off your regen from items. And Scavenged Skills will occasionally bug with the Rigger cooldown resets.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What does Kenley College offer now? I did it back in the day when you could get a Diamondback from it. Is there still a point to it now?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It seems like they broke existing chests, not just new drops. That's honestly kind of impressive. I recalibrated mine on the off chance when they fix it they bring back the stat that disappeared (which was previously recalibrated).

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
1 hour seems pretty easy for most of that stuff doesn't it? Just free points?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is 15 minute Darpa labs even possible without killing each enemy wave as they spawn? It's 30 seconds just for the helicopter to arrive at the end and the timer doesn't stop. I got 21 minutes with 1 death, which wasted about 2-3 minutes. Was trying to kill the boss quickly but seems like he has a scripted heal and just hides behind cover a whole bunch.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Ugh I don't feel like tryharding that much. Seems like there's plenty of leeway to earn rank 10 without getting the minimum times right? Is the other pentagon mission any easier? Any tips for that one? The EMP room was awful on heroic.

Also, what is the best way to disrupt a bunch of enemies?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Ah I didn't even know there were skills with disrupt. I was trying to do it with a Bluescreen. Most of the skills seem either bad or very niche. There's only a core 4 or 5 skills that I use regularly.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Oh, Pentagon on challenging was trivial. I think I finished with 4-5 minutes left. DARPA labs felt near impossible solo. What is this difficulty tuning?

Is there a way to change the in game time? Trying to get the Ivory Keys. Do I just have to wait until it's night?

bamhand fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is there a good way to kill the hunters? I don't think I can kill 4 at once on normal difficulty.