Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Our large orb son is perfect and should be with us forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Mega64 posted:

That isn't, but it's hard to be surprised anymore.

In case you were curious, this sentient pile of robot jello is Holy-type. Sure, why not.

holy poo poo

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.

copy posted:

holy poo poo

Finally someone makes the joke. :hai:

I mean, it was right there. I was going to have to if nobody else did.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Guess who just caught themselves a new Robopon !!!

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
He's a shotshitter..a shitshotter..he's some sharp poo poo.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mega64 posted:

I hope you aren't going against the deep lore established in this very image and using it.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Our large toilet son should never leave our side

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
So halfway through reading the first update I was rolling my eyes, thinking "very funny, OP, now quit with the bullshit and tell us what romhack or fangame or whatever you're playing." And bit by bit I realized that you were totally in earnest. And now I keep saying "Robopon" and smirking.

Also, that bully sprite is incredible and I want it for an av. I'm seriously considering it! Who dares, wins.

EggsAisle fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 6, 2020

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Mega64 posted:

The type is "Gunman"?

Also, does this evolve? If so, into what?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Johnny is the evolution of Splat.

You can find both of them in your company's bathroom.

It took me forever to get Splat because they can run away.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Carbon dioxide posted:

The type is "Gunman"?

At least as far as I remember, there are three types of Robopon: Arms, Vehicle, and Boot.
Arms are the standard RPG 'equip weapons and whatnot' types, with finer classes depending on what type of weapons they can equip; as you can see, Johnny is a Gunman so he equips guns, while Sunny is Punch so he equips fist weapons, etc. Vehicle is self-explanatory, with Land/Sky/Sea-types based on what kind of vehicle they are. They generally have pretty cool stats and high speed, and maybe some other stuff you can do with them that I can't remember.
Boot are completely static and cannot be altered in any way, which kinda sucks. :geno:

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!
I gotta say, in a game with tons of weird design decisions, "party member that can't be altered in any way" is... uniquely terrible.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Boot are completely static and cannot be altered in any way, which kinda sucks. :geno:

You'd think they'd give Boot-pons much higher stats (realtively) to compensate for the lack of versatility...but we can't have nice stuff I guess.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Don't a few of the shown boots evolve? Are evolutions restricted to just boots?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Kemix posted:

You'd think they'd give Boot-pons much higher stats (realtively) to compensate for the lack of versatility...but we can't have nice stuff I guess.

Some of them are quite good with massive stats! Emphasis on 'some', though...

Randalor posted:

Don't a few of the shown boots evolve? Are evolutions restricted to just boots?

There is no rhyme or reason for anything in this game as far as I understand.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Splat, a Boot Robopon, evolves into Johnny, an Arms Robopon.

Also Bella is Arms and can evolve.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

There is no rhyme or reason for anything in this game as far as I understand.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Oh. If it was an "evolution is restricted to boots only", I could see it as a "their equipment changes on evolution, so letting the player change equipment could lead to problems until they're fully evolved" thing, but if it's just random... no idea then.

That's Robopon!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Chapter 5 - "So now you're acting like some sort of a hero!?"

With floor 5, we now have an elevator so we don't have to visit each individual floor when we want to go to a specific floor.

Anyway, floor 5 is the bathroom. Its only purpose is to let us capture a couple of Robopon.

First is Splat, which is annoying because...

...it can run away at will. It took me forever to catch one of these jerks, because they can also hit our team pretty hard.

Second is Splat's evolution, Johnny. It's only fitting we can catch the toilet Robopon in the bathroom.

Johnny is also pretty tough, with some Wind and Water techniques available.

Coball comes through as usual, though, and weakens Johnny with its ball powers.

Since Johnny won't run away, it's much easier to catch, so I end up grabbing myself a toilet robot.

I don't care how creepy he is, I love my creepy clean toilet son. I replace Sumito with him for now.

Johnny is an Arms-type, so I can actually mess with his parts and software. However, see that "X" next to the CPU?

Some Robopon will ignore orders after caught.

Thankfully, it's an easy, if expensive, fix. By upgrading Johnny's CPU, he'll now be obedient to us now that he's a dual-core toilet.

After a load of attempts, I finally capture Splat as well.

Splat is a boot-type, and honestly I don't bother looking at it. Maybe later.

Sunny: ...punching power! The larger number rotating above the punching machine you stop on, the stronger the attack. Try it?

Today's mini-game is a dumb one.

We'll have our toilet participiate in a punching contest.

The number above the punching bag will randomly rotate using some RNG. Once you press A, it'll lock in and convert to punching power on the bag itself.

There's no real science to it, it seems like it's mostly based on luck.

I assume stats may also play a factor, as the Sunny opponent punches harder than my ball even when we land on the same number.

I never did win this one, though I didn't play with my Sunny either. Maybe I'll try again later. Or maybe not!

We're back here to actually do the dungeon. I exploit the fact that I can disable random encounters, so this becomes much less of a hassle to actually do.

There's some optional robopon trainers to fight, and you better believe I'm gonna fight them!

This badass is Joker.

She uses Chimp as her Robopon.

Bella rusts at the sight of Chimp.

Then she destroys it.

Maybe next time, Joker.

Augh--gas!

This is a Trouble Maker.

I never cease being impressed with these design choices. I'd like to think they just put a bunch of objects into a hat and pulled out random ones to base Robopon designs off of.

Anyway the unicycle robot is no match for the ball robot.

The last trainer is another Trouble Maker with an onion robot.

...ok.

I gave Johnny two Water software, which gives him the more powerful SoakBomb. It can inflict Soak, not that I have any idea what that is!

...sort of a hero!?

...I'm a hero.

Principal: Hmmm... Good, you've passed!! As a reward, I will give you the participation certificate! There you go, young man. Good luck in the Battle Tournament.

Certificate!

For a game with such limited text space, choosing to name the McGuffin here the lengthy "Participation Certificate" is an inspired choice.

Principal: ...their training.

Also, no explanation why the principal decided to go to the most remote corner of the basement. Some mysteries are probably better left unsolved!

Anyway I have my toilet out-leap a helicopter so I can evolve my ball.

It's time for our first evolution! Thankfully it costs no money.

I have to admit, this was not what I was expecting when I imagined a Coball evolution.

Basically Unix is a Coball that's seen things ball robots were not meant to see.

Unfortunately this is its final evolution, and it's still a Boot type with no new moves.

With all that out of the way, let's participate with our certificate.

David: ...Robopon become so strong? But you ain't entering the tournament that easily! Bisco will eat you alive! Just go home!

David starts off with Screwy, which is still weak.

I think Skulby is the evolution of Screwy.

Don't forget the Screw Robopon and its evolution are both Evil-type.

Luckily a screw wearing a skull is no match for BallOS.

Sean: ...against Bisco! Because I'm here!

Once again, Sean's first Robopon is a joke.

His second one is, once again, an evolution of his first. Both of them are Land-type, so they're technically vehicles.

I still don't know what Soak does, but it doesn't matter because Hyme goes down.

This place is relatively packed.

And look who it is!

Sean: Boss, help us even the score!!

Bisco: ...contest will get to challenge the Legend 7!

Bisco has a whopping three Robopon to go through.

Naturally, Urchy is an Evil-type.

When Bella can actually hit, she can wreck Urchy's Wind weakness.

Razor is Holy-type.

It also punches like a truck.

But Razor is no match against the power of Toilet.

Hexbot is... Oh my.

Naturally, this thing is Evil-type.

Again, pure evil can never prevail against the power of Toilet.

Bisco: ...compete with the Legend 7 first! I will get to the Robopon Dome before you! I'll take care of you after I get back!

Bisco, being a jerk, leaves anyway to challenge the Legend 7, even though we kicked his butt.

Announcer: ...the rules of the ranking contests. First, when you compete in the ranking contest, you must find your opponent! Then, you can request a match! Lastly, travel to the Robopon Dome! Oh, you can only challenge a contender one rank above yourself! Good luck!

Oh, there's a teddy bear here. You know what that means.

This is not a bad one to get!

Next time, we head to Tail Castle and finish the first stage of our quest to become Legend One.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You can tell Bisco is an important character because his sprite actually has the same level of detail and colour as the protagonist's instead of looking as if it came from an entirely different game.

This is the weirdest thing to have consistency in, a normal game would be consistent with every sprite.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I don't understand a goddamn thing about Robopon, their evolutions, or this ranking system. Every update feels like I'm having a stroke as things happen with no rhyme or reason

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

mercenarynuker posted:

I don't understand a goddamn thing about Robopon, their evolutions, or this ranking system. Every update feels like I'm having a stroke as things happen with no rhyme or reason

Welcome to the world of Robopon, the GBA game didn't make this poo poo any easier I can tell you that now

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Kemix posted:

Welcome to the world of Robopon, the GBA game didn't make this poo poo any easier I can tell you that now

All I remember from the GBA one is that you had to combine two batteries to make a 'pon but 90% of combinations gave you a useless bullshit robot.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Deki posted:

All I remember from the GBA one is that you had to combine two batteries to make a 'pon but 90% of combinations gave you a useless bullshit robot.

Is 'bullshit' literal?

Because I could very easily see Robopon throwing in an off-brand Sukamon.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

BisbyWorl posted:

Is 'bullshit' literal?

Because I could very easily see Robopon throwing in an off-brand Sukamon.

The turd robot was actually in a previous update!

Also I’m recalling vague memories here, but I distinctly remember unlocking some sort of IR sensor feature from upgrading the HQ that allows certain robopon to evolve, Unix being one of them. Sadly I don’t think that’ll be an option in an emulator.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
It's nice to see a Robopon LP considering how rare is it. Probably because of the save issue.

Anyway, Razor is probably the handful of Robopons that people remember and it's probably not out of nostalgia. Same thing with the Manga. I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Seeing them again I actually find myself liking Robopons monster designs a bit more then when I first played it. They sort of remind me of Yokai Watch and Dragon Quest's in that they tend lean towards goofy as opposed to a cool or cute like most Pokemonish franchises tended to granted in Robopon's case there's a chance it was not an intentional design choice.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

This design looks cool, but also seems awfully familiar...

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Hello Vuguy, hows that lawsuit going against Geodude?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Pyro Jack posted:

It's nice to see a Robopon LP considering how rare is it. Probably because of the save issue.

i had robopon as a kid and could never get very far because i could not figure out how anything worked. i tried to replay it recently and again couldn't get very far because of emulation issues lol. the save thing, time not progressing properly so no business upgrades, and thr robopon storage bugging out so badly i couldn't retrieve anything that had been stored nor could i sell anything

so thank you mega64 for laying upon this beautiful badly drawn grenade

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Mega64 posted:

Johnny is also pretty tough, with some Wind and Water techniques available.

:cry:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Mega64 posted:

Augh--gas!

How fortuitous! Prepare the giant mirror!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Chapter 6 - "You cheater!!"

These building upgrades are getting more and more expensive...

...and more and more worthless.

Virus: ...defense and luck come into play! First pick a card out of the 6! The damage that will be inflicted on yourself is written on that card. The one whose hit points reach 0 first is the loser! Ok!

Today's mini game is a dumb one.

You pick random cards that have random attacks under them, then get hit by those random attacks.

Our Water-type toilet weathers the fire attack just fine.

Virus: ...time!

Long before it was a delicacy in FF15, Cup Noodles were used as fish bait in Robopon.

Turns out the Gas I picked up last update is actually software!

I also check the sale prices of my Robopon, just because. Johnny's the most profitable of the bunch, but still not really worth it. At least so far, it doesn't seem capturing Robopon to sell them is a lucrative option.

Lisa: ...plans to go anywhere... Father's too busy with his research. I just want to leave here...

Not everyone can be blessed with their own company and army of fighting robots. It's important to remember how good we have it.

I decide to bench Unix for now so I can start building up Sumito. Since it's level 3, it takes a bit to level up, but fortunately fellow Sumito opt for Earth moves that our Sumito resists, so even at a level disadvantage we can win damage races.

I also decide we might want to build Bella up a bit. She's pretty strong but dies to a stiff breeze.

Stimy has a 10% chance of appearing in the school basement, and they're a pain to capture.

They can attack themselves and just straight-up fail attacks.

Also they can self-destruct randomly, which makes capturing them a pain. I failed catching this one, and I even run into a second one right after and miss out on that, too.

This is one I'll probably wait until later to worry about. I'm still not sure just how completionist I want to be here.

Sumito does get some levels at least, so he should be somewhat competitive in future battles.

Bisco fled to Tail Castle after we kicked his butt, so let's follow him there!

Evil and Holy add some interesting options for special moves.

For now, Sunny's going with Fire/Wind/Water, which gets him a nice damaging Fire attack HWind and the Fever-inducing Steam.

Holy and Wind produce Wall, a damaging move that adds a barrier to the user to resist debuffs, while Babble is supposed to be one of the stronger damage moves in the early game.

Finally, combining Holy and Light produces White, a powerful Holy technique, and adding Gas to the mix produces a Mist attack.

It's time to make our away to the Robopon Dome.

It's a decent bit of build-up, at least!

Oh screw you.

If we ignore the arena and go up here, we can chat with the royalty.

Princess Darcy: ...Robopon are held here, the world is safe from evil!

I... What?

Bisco: I placed 7th while I was waiting for you! The Legend was a weakling!

Cody: I had the right to be the first challenger!

David: Cody, you're too late! Go home!

Sean: Bisco would thrash you anyways!

Bisco: You might as well give up, Cody.

Bisco: Shut up! It's already been decided. I'm now the Legend 7!!

Bisco: Huh? Who said that? Oh! It's... Prince Tail and Princess Darcy!

Prince Tail: We will see who's the Legend 7 right here and now!

Looks like Cody's getting his shot after all! Let's beat Bisco and become the Legend 7!

Bisco's rocking a full team this time, so I'm glad I prepared a bit beforehand.

I decide to go with Sumito first as I feel it can survive the opening Robopon better than the later ones.

Bug is confusion, which means Sumito can hit itself sometimes.

NPCs can sometimes use items. I'm not taking that coward's route out, though.

Sumito handles this one with little problem.

Not so much Razor, though.

Sunny and Razor trade blows for a couple rounds.

Sunny just barely loses the damage race, though.

Luckily Bella does some quick clean-up, letting us see Bisco's sole new Robopon.

...Hmmm...

This deals minimal damage to Granit, but it gives Bella a barrier to resist debuffs.

Not so much damage, though.

She gets a decent hit in, but once again, part of being a "glass cannon" is the "made of glass" part. Only one Robopon left, but don't worry, I've saved our ace for last.

Johnny has no problem wasting Granit.

The finale is Johnny vs. Hexbot, and we've got a powerful Holy move ready to annihilate this Evil type.

Johnny, our savior.

We also get a much-appreciated pay day. Running a company ain't cheap!

Johnny gets ever stronger.

Bisco: Until then, I'm going to the town of Caleyu to train and upgrade my Robopon! Later, chump!

And Bisco runs away with his tail between his legs, once again getting his butt kicked by a toilet.

Prince Tail: Keep up the good work and you'll be challenging the Legend 6. The Legend 6 is a teen idol named Amron who lives in Vanza Village! You may have a hard time finding Legends. Keep training your Robopon until the match!

The important thing is that we've achieved the title of Legend 7! Only six more foes before we can become Legend 1, the greatest Robopon trainer in the land!

You must fight to stay on top!

I'm the freaking Legend 7, you jerk!

As we leave, some final words...

Prince Tail: It's been a while since we had such a spirited player. Amron can't afford to be careless. I feel the ranks could change drastically...

Next time, we begin our quest properly and start making our way to take on the Legend 6.

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
I kinda like how you mix and match software to get new attacks. Maybe because it doesn't feel as shamelessly derivative as the rest of the game.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Truly, Johnny is the greatest Pokemon toilet Robopon of them all

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The next section is where the collecting really begins. There's eight new Robopon we can capture in the next town, and I managed to get seven of them (the last is a 1/20 encounter chance and I got lazy looking for it). Really, I capture a lot of Robopon.

Here's a preview of what's to come.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Pro-tier av right there.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Chapter 7 - "But in our world it's our reality!"

By becoming Legend Seven, we have unlocked two new towns. Illusion Village is one of them, optional, and has a weird gimmick on only being available three hours a day. Oh well, I can change the clock, so whatever.

Oof, this is getting more and more expensive.

It's alright, though, as I believe this next floor is going to be The Big One.

But not this one, which only has a couple Light Oils scattered around.

Oh, and Brownie. Let's see what bonus we get this time!

shopping!

Who made this game!?

Sammi: ...software. All these factors matter in a Battler battle! It's the basic battle of the Robopon! Aim to become the strongest! Do you want to test your wits against me?

One of the minigames is actually just a regular ol' Robopon battle.

Do you get it

Do you

Both of them are L5.

Both have no chance.

White can cause Bless, which boosts the user's stats. Curse does the opposite.

Sammi doesn't fare any better against our powerful toilet son.

Fog reduces hit rate. It doesn't factor in for this battle because Sammi goes down the next turn anyway.

The rewards are nothing special.

Let's check out the Illusion Village!

...Illusion Village. It may not seem real to you. But in our world it's our reality! But, we can't even get back at night, once we leave during the day...

So this place is weird.

That Robopon wasn't flying! I must have been daydreaming! I did not see it at the South Seas!

There's a gimmick to this place, you see.

...everything opposite. There are 2 ways of talking the Illusion Village lingo! One way is to say everything the opposite! While, the other way is to talk in a roundabout way!

It's your typical "Everyone's lying" gimmick, but it's more bizarre here considering how loopy this translation already is.

...chests in the world! You don't have to use a remote control on them. But I didn't mention anything about 7 special chests!

So I'm guessing there's seven total remote-control chests in the game. One is in Capri Town where we started, and another is in this town.

It's kinda moot since we can't open them in an emulator, though.

If you go to the entrance of the advanced level, you won't get anything. It's the worst treasure in history, so I recommend not going. If you still want to go, you're really smart!

I do appreciate how all-in they go with the opposite gimmick.

The big gameplay gimmick for this town is there's actually a bonus dungeon with varying difficulty levels with wild Robopon and prizes.

...opposite of what is meant! If it's weak, it's strong! If you can't get it, you actually can!

Nothing confusing about that!

Your Robopon look pretty weak! You must be the weakest trainer in the universe!

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me...

...mysterious girls! In the group are: Rena, Sandy, Maya, Yoko, Janet, Riz, Hiromi, and Meg! They collect rare Robopon and love to trade them!

Sometimes the game forgets its own gimmick and some NPCs here will just talk to you normally, or at least as normal as anyone in this game can talk.

There's some interesting parts here. Wing, Hover, and Cat are all solely for Movement-type Robopon, which we don't have yet. Meanwhile, Chemhnd is another option if you want More RAM for software. Speaking of which!

There's some strong stuff here. It's all normal-type, but I think some of these might inflict status effects, and beyond that they can all combine with various other software to create some nice combo-moves.

Of course, they're very expensive, take up 40 RAM each, and are expensive EP-wise on top of that, so this is definitely stuff I'm in no rush to get.

...thing in this village is that cave!! I'm sure you don't think much of it! But, it isn't an attraction run by a person that dislikes digging. It's a dangerous dungeon where you can easily get lost. There are no difficulty levels and you don't get anything even if you reach the top of the beginner's level. I bet you can't find boring places like this anywhere!

I don't even know how to parse this one. Your guess is as good as mine.

I do appreciate that beyond Oil, the high-tier HP restoratives are Gasoline and Unleaded.

Meg: How's your collection going? I'm Meg of the Elite 8! I'm searching for rare Robopons... You are too!? I'm looking for a Robopon named Boiler! It's my favorite! But, I can't find it! If you find it, I'll trade it for SubRio, ok!

We'll actually start this one soon enough.

Sadly, we can't.

Everyone is honest and understandable! I would love you to come again! I'm really, really happy!

Wow. This got dark pretty fast.

Those in poor physical condition should avoid.

Let's check it out!

...dungeon!

Even the Beginner Ticket's a bit above our punching weight, but what the hell, let's see what we're up against!

It's a bit of a maze, but not a confusing one. It's more everything is so bland and nondescript.

Also the Robopon are pretty high level.

Catching this Sumito means saving a few levels of grinding and automatically gives me something a step up from my non-toilet Robopon.

Then I run into a Coball that wrecks my entire team with an ice cannon attack that my ball certainly doesn't have!

This means that Boot Robopon can have different software and move sets even in the same "species", despite not being able to customize them, which is crazy. Not that it really matters any, but it's still rather weird!

I had to pour oil into my toilet so the ball doesn't freeze me.

Luckily the ball caught a fever and died. Johnny gained a level, too!

I'm done trying my luck for today.

For now, let's check out the next story town, Caleyu.

Have you seen the strange-looking lamp store at the far end of town?

These are all pretty solid upgrades. Most of them have 30RAM and give 45 stat points between Attack, Defense, and Speed, though Mithril gives 60RAM in exchange for less stats.

We also get some nice upgrades over our tier-1 elemental software. They're twice the cost, twice the strength, and take up twice the RAM, but at this point you should have a couple parts above 30RAM, and the extra EP cost isn't that massive, so if you have the RAM it seems as good an option as any!

...is right here! A recovery disk! This is the only item that will fix abnormal conditions and destroyed components!

This shop sells items that cure debuffs. I guess parts can get damaged, which the Repair item can fix.

...that's popular among the girls.

All food is popular with me.

Sandy: ...of the Elite 8! I've been walking around looking for rare Robopon. Have you heard of a Robopon called Rotor? If you can capture Rotor, I'll trade it for Card!

She's the second stop on the Robopon Trading Tour that we'll probably begin soon.

...homes are shadowed by that building!

There are two broadcast towers in this town. The smaller one is in the southwest corner of the town.

This is a lamp store, but I don't have any to sell! Sorry, kid!

That doesn't seem like a good way to do business!

...about Amron! They idolize her!

She's a teen idol, so makes sense, I guess!

There's a lot of boarded-up houses with satellite dishes in this town. They all give the same bio as the one in Capri Town.

...dish leaves the house! What's going on?

I have no idea, but I'm sure there we'll find out soon enough!

...matches... It's probably Amron's influence.

Or hell, maybe they just want to see robots beat the crap outta each other. Who doesn't?

...seashore of Vanza Village! Go there at least once and see if you can find anything of use.

I'm guessing that's our next stop, but I try to stay unspoiled and don't usually play past whatever update I'm on.

This is the second, smaller broadcast tower.

Anyway I bench our starter because he's starting to go downhill quickly and has nothing going for him. Welcome back, Unix!

Before I check the broadcast towers out, I grind Unix and Bella a bit. There's a surprising amount of new Robopon we can collect in Caleyu, and they're higher-level than most of my other Robopon, so it's good to be prepared.

I'm not actually going to do much in either tower today.

I'll battle everyone next update. The rest of this update is for finding and capturing new Robopon.

First off, SumiSu, a Fire-type that will need a CPU upgrade due to ignoring orders.

Also she has a laser beam in her ribbon.

Gramps is one of the rarer Robopon here, and always comes with a Fever. He's a Holy-type.

I mean, yeah, why not.

We can capture more Sunny here, and hell, they're probably already better than our Sunny. I capture this powerhouse, at any rate.

Ralph is a Water-type, despite having no real reason to be a Water-type whatsoever.

The one Robopon I can't find is Docbot, who has a 5% chance of showing up. We'll try again later.

For now, let's finish things off by quickly exploring the other broadcast tower.

Fortunately, this is just software to give other Robopon a virus.

Gidget looks pretty cool, and she's also the Robopon we need to start the grand Robopon Trade Train.

She's Ice-type and is basically a girl robot with weapons for hands, so I can see why she's popular!

The most common Robopon here is B-Bot.

They're robot babies, and they can explode.

Also they're Wind-type for whatever reason.

Sputer is a Sky-type, and was a bit difficult for me to catch.

I luck out here and trigger the 5% catch to run into the Normal-type Cookey.

I just want to say I appreciate a move named POWERDARK.

And that's everything in the small tower!

Next time, we'll take a closer look at all the Robopon we've caught (and I actually caught a lot of extras!), figure out which to keep and which to scrap for parts and money, and continue to try finding the Legend Six.

Also, if you have any suggestions as to what our party should be, I'm open to everything! My only override as LPer is we must bring Johnny because my toilet is strong and bold.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.
I'll be honest, Gidget's actually pretty rad as magic Inspector Gadget. I'm throwing in a vote/suggestion for her, because our toilet hero deserves a strong supporting cast.

Also, I'd like to state that I had gotten so used to reading the backwards dialogue in that one town that it threw me for a loop when it stopped.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

I want to see Sputer in action! It reminds me of Cutiefly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Please, please bring Cookey along, just look at that adorable little bastard!