Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Ugly, inconsistent sprite art. Garish color schemes. Barely functional localization. Loopy gameplay balance that makes half of the monsters useless. I'd always wondered how bad this game was since it was such an blatant "me too" attempt, but it's more than I possibly imagined. This feels like Pokémon Gold/Silver filtered through the lens of a fever dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Honestly it didn't seem that bad back in 2000, but I was also really young, and the once I found DQM2 I don't think I touched Robopon again.

THE Green Ranger
May 9, 2009
I don't remember this game being so weird. I was super excited to get it as a kid and remember having a lot of fun with it, but don't remember much else. The IR chests were incredibly fickle, you had to mash the remote control buttons quite a bit before it would register you were doing anything. IIRC you got pretty good stuff out of them though!