Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

I tend to go for non blends, but I'm not opposed to blends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I tend to go for non blends, but I'm not opposed to blends

I don't recall coming across many single origin teas with as complex a taste profile as blends. Or maybe they are complex but in a more sophisticated way than "woah I taste flowers and almonds and berries and mint and citrus and..." immediately hitting you like a sledgehammer.

Escape From Noise

Brewed up some Yunnan Gold to help me face the day of tracking down tax documents in Japan for my taxes in the US

Escape From Noise

It's a Yunnan gold leaf kind of morning. At noon. Been enjoying my oolongs as well.

I recently got some green rooibos as well. It's interesting

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

:11tea: drinkin some tea :11tea:

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

caleb
...rough day at the orifice.
It's me, the only person who likes Lapsang Souchong. Here. In this very thread.

Finger Prince

caleb posted:

You are among friends here. Who also like lapsang souchong. Got some in my cupboard in fact.

caleb

Finger Prince posted:

You are among friends here. Who also like lapsang souchong. Got some in my cupboard in fact.

Cool I was scared for a minute. I really don't get what all the hubub is about re: pu ehr because it tastes bad 2 me, but if people want to pay a premium for poo poo cakes that are left in the ground forever that's cool and I support them.

Finger Prince

caleb posted:

Cool I was scared for a minute. I really don't get what all the hubub is about re: pu ehr because it tastes bad 2 me, but if people want to pay a premium for poo poo cakes that are left in the ground forever that's cool and I support them.

I don't even know what pu ehr is aside from it being mentioned here. Nothing beats the soothing feeling of drinking liquid campfire though.

szkud

I threw a tea party. made little tea sandwiches, deviled eggs, and charcuterie last spring and people were unsure at first, but it immediately became a bi-monthly thing. which is a lot since I am old and travel

~(‾▿‾)~

caleb

Finger Prince posted:

I don't even know what pu ehr is aside from it being mentioned here. Nothing beats the soothing feeling of drinking liquid campfire though.

You take several camellia sinensis leaves or whatever and put them in the ground for a long time and then they become gross/expensive idgi either.

Finger Prince

caleb posted:

You take several camellia sinensis leaves or whatever and put them in the ground for a long time and then they become gross/expensive idgi either.

Kimchi tea.

szkud

I mean... it's worth trying

~(‾▿‾)~

caleb

I recently got some green rooibos as well. It's interesting

Rooibos isn't a tea what are you on about but I'm happy you got sufficient antioxidants and vitamin c
Also why is it green is the root still growing or wha

Finger Prince

caleb posted:

Rooibos isn't a tea what are you on about but I'm happy you got sufficient antioxidants and vitamin c
Also why is it green is the root still growing or wha

Whoa whoa whoa hold up, tea is any steeped leaf, flower, or mushroom.

caleb

Finger Prince posted:

"If you say so, buddy"
*Shrugs, smiles, looks into the camera while the studio audience laughs at my catchphrase*

szkud

Finger Prince posted:

this, but some folks feel like tea without the tea plant is something else

~(‾▿‾)~

caleb
Galaxy brain: Drinking white peony and listening to the Deftones

Escape From Noise

caleb posted:

While it is a bit much for me I will fight and die for your right to drink lasang souchong and I'm glad there are people out there who do enjoy it.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Escape From Noise

szkud posted:

this, but some folks feel like tea without the tea plant is something else

For sure. I also feel like if Chinese, Korean, and Japanese says that "tea" can mean like almost anything steeped in hot water than the "tea plant" way of thinking needs to calm down. Maybe sip some tea or something

szkud

For sure. I also feel like if Chinese, Korean, and Japanese says that "tea" can mean like almost anything steeped in hot water than the "tea plant" way of thinking needs to calm down. Maybe sip some tea or something

my herbal game increases as the temperature lowers

~(‾▿‾)~

poverty goat

Drinking iced Russian caravan blend at work in the sauna today

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Thought drinking tea on the 4th of july seemed unpatriotic but then I remembered we rebelled against our tyrannical british overlords just because we wanted cheaper tea so

cheaper tea isn't free thank you to our troops

:911: :11tea: :patriot: :11tea: :911:

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

caleb posted:

I love Lapsang Souchong but I have to be in the right mood for it. Sometimes I make my own Russian Caravan tea and blend just a pinch with black tea I have on hand, like an Assam, so I end up with just a hint of that smoky flavor. Messing around with your own blends is one of the fun things about loose tea!

Escape From Noise

Been drinking a fair amount of black tea lately. Been waking up feeling pretty dead so it helps a bit.

RYYSZLA
Is it blasphemy to indicate a preference for a good, strong yorkshire breakfast tea with a shedload (between 1 - 3 tsp) of sugar and milk?

I for one am happy to remain a porpoise.

Why does this website porpoise-shame people?

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I have been loving this ceylon orange pekoe i got. I don't even know what pekoe is and it's not all that orange but it sure is tasty!

RYYSZLA posted:

Is it blasphemy to indicate a preference for a good, strong yorkshire breakfast tea with a shedload (between 1 - 3 tsp) of sugar and milk?
I skip the sugar and just of lots of milk but yes it is good. I have been trying to learn to like fancy green tea but it all just tastes like fish or licorice?

Black tea 4 life

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
I like to drink tea without milk and my wife makes fun of me. I put milk in chai tho.

Escape From Noise

Evil Bob posted:

I like to drink tea without milk and my wife makes fun of me. I put milk in chai tho.

I usually drink my tea straight. It's pretty normal

Evil Bob

I usually drink my tea straight. It's pretty normal

I can't wait to see the look on my wife's face when I inform her. Oh yes it will take her quite some time to eat this crow.

poverty goat

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I have been loving this ceylon orange pekoe i got. I don't even know what pekoe is and it's not all that orange but it sure is tasty!

nobody knows the origin of "orange pekoe"

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
tea buds (unintentional) I picked up a big rear end mason jar to cold brew some iced teas in and I'm really excited about it because it's been so hot here that I've not been drinking much tea and that's been kind of a bummer. Oh and my best friend growing up bought me a really nice gaiwan as a birthday gift. Teaware is the best I love it.

Drinking a hot Dragonwell right now.

Amp fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jul 18, 2020

Finger Prince

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

tea buds (unintentional) I picked up a big rear end mason jar to cold brew some iced teas in and I'm really excited about it because it's been so hot here that I've not been drinking much tea and that's been kind of a bummer. Oh and my best friend growing up bought me a really nice gaiwan as a birthday gift. Teaware is the best I love it.

I have this strawberry oolong that makes the most amazing iced tea, but holy crap it makes you jittery! Maybe I steeped it too long or used too much leaves.

Escape From Noise

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

That's a really nice looking gaiwan. I need more tea accessories.

Escape From Noise

Tie guan yin kinda afternoon

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Tie guan yin kinda afternoon

Tie guan yin in the streets, shou pu erh in the sheets

Drinking an aged white and honestly it's probably my favorite tea lately. It's like drinking honey I have no idea how tea is this luxurious and sweet and also well balanced. It's mind-blowing. I wish it was okay to go see my friends and have them try this because I think it's the kind of thing you could give to a non-tea drinker and it would blow their mind at the breadth of possibility for the same leaf that makes up Lipton tea bags.

Escape From Noise

Yeah. There are some real wild varieties out there.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Sencha and genmaicha. Brown rice baby. But fair trade. Not picked by babies.

Finger Prince

Bright Bart posted:

Sencha and genmaicha. Brown rice baby. But fair trade. Not picked by babies.

Aww man I love genmaicha. I've had some super fino senchas and they're all just kinda boring. Nah gimme the cheap stuff with rice crispies in it any day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Bob

I'm drinking Chai right now with a teaspoon of sugar and splash of milk. I guess I DO take milk with my tea. I generally stick to tea in the afternoons on weekdays, and boy did I need it today as I keep trying to take a nap instead of do work related things.