Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
it's easy to say that they should be paid for their work, but who's going to pay them??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

TURDS!!!

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Why won't Mr. Lincoln disavow these horrid Lincoln Lads?!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
No Onanism November

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Lincoln only won the nomination through chicanery and will ineptly try to compromise with the slavers. Seward forever.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Animal-Mother posted:

No Onanism November

Omit Onanism October

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Healthy young child goes to physician, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesnt feel good and changes--COWPOX. Many such cases!

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Sir, this is the Farnsworth House Inn.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
opium trip report

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
civil war? i prefer the term Sexit

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Careful. That's a load bearing slave.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

not an endorsement posted:

last years goonmeet

You bloody Yankee swines, wearing those disgusting excuses for clothes. If it were up to me, you'd all dress like the late Mr. Brummel:

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

all
pinkertons
are
bastards

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Venomous posted:

You bloody Yankee swines, wearing those disgusting excuses for clothes. If it were up to me, you'd all dress like the late Mr. Brummel:

turn around you're posterior

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

It's so aggravating watching the (FAILING) New York Tribune ignore True Abolitionist William Seward. First it rallies around that rat Edward "BUTTS" Bates, and now they're pushing Lincoln to appeal to conservatives in the Ohio Valley?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

it means im going to have to eat only hardtack for the rest of the week, but i gave two more bits to keep the Abementum going!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!
smallpox? just a bogart for the broadsheets to move copies. why, 'tis little worse than the chicken pox!

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Doing my income taxes - on Schedule C do I classify my slaves as livestock or fixed assets?

e: Also Toby got real sick in December but died in January, can I deduct him on this years return or do I need to wait until I file my 1861 return?

vaginite has issued a correction as of 18:11 on Mar 7, 2020

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

vaginite posted:

Doing my income taxes - on Schedule C do I classify my slaves as livestock or fixed assets?

e: Also Toby got real sick in December but died in January, can I deduct him on this years return or do I need to wait until I file my 1861 return?

look at this moron who doesn't make sure deaths happen on december 31st

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Tunicate posted:

look at this moron who doesn't make sure deaths happen on december 31st

I know I know I was going to put him down but I got shitfaced blackout drunk for like a straight week from Christmas to New Years on corn whiskey and forgot.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

vaginite posted:

Doing my income taxes

what in tarnation :confused:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

vaginite posted:

what are income taxes

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Stairmaster posted:

slavery is good actually

Abolition of Slavery will never ever happen. Besides, who would pay for the freed slaves?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

The irish are clearly not treated nearly as badly as black people in America. but, here’s an idea, what if they were?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Would freeing the slaves solve racism?

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

i just really want to fly

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
never should've annexed Texas, it'll be a democrat stronghold for centuries

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I don't think it's realistic to abolish slavery all at once. I support a public freedom option. If you like your enslaver, you can keep him.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
we enslaved some folks

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

We should be realistic here, none of the candidates is going to be able to actually deliver the kind of change we need as long as southern influence stains the legislature and courts. We'd need some kind of Earth-shattering event to force Lincoln to act decisively, get conservatives at all levels of government to leave and put radicals in charge of what remains. We're doomed.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

nice one

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

laffing and coughing (tuberculosis) irl

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

not an endorsement posted:

laffing and coughing (tuberculosis) irl

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
tuberculosis? more like the sooner remover

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The spirit of '48 is still alive!

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Birney would have won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
gently caress it, I'm joining the Fenian Brotherhood.