Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

Dallan Invictus posted:

Also Orlando-Columbus.

I am frankly shocked they got away this long without more outbreaks.

I hate to say it as I hope those positive recover, but it might be a blessing in disguise for Columbus. Gives us more time to get healthy as we are decimated right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Toronto with a 2.18 PPG is ridiculously absurd.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

whypick1 posted:

Maybe Colorado should just take the rest of the season off

Basically at that point now. Jesus.

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/1315828453157949440

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

They are going to end up forfeiting a bunch of them I'm guessing, since there is no way to fit the 6 skipped games into the rest of the schedule.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

insider posted:

Toronto with a 2.18 PPG is ridiculously absurd.

Philly has a 2 PPG

Philly would be at 2.18 if they beat Toronto last week :colbert:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Jill Ellis is rumored for the D.C. United job.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
That would be cool. Too bad its DC

Weedle
May 31, 2006

would she be the first woman head coach of any team in a top american league?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yes. There's a couple assistant coaches in the NFL, quite a few in the NBA (almost all of them hired last year) and the MLB + NHL hired their first just this year. Of course none of those are head coaching gigs.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/samstejskal/status/1316055738704375808

The West is wide open.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

The west will be won by whomever plays San Jose and maybe Colorado the most.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Even if contracting the virus wasn't a concern, imagine thinking that travelling to South America to play a friendly is a good idea with this condensed schedule and where they are on the table.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

highme posted:

Even if contracting the virus wasn't a concern, imagine thinking that travelling to South America Commerce City, Colorado to play a friendly league game is a good idea with this condensed schedule and where they are on the table.

Lol

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

highme posted:

Even if contracting the virus wasn't a concern, imagine thinking that travelling to South America to play a friendly is a good idea with this condensed schedule and where they are on the table.

They're CONMEBOL World Cup qualifiers and FIFA said only if players had to go through a government-mandated quarantine procedure did clubs not have to release players this window (which is why NYCFC released 0 players).

Still sucks though.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Brenden Aaronson is off to RB Salzburg to link up with Jesse Marsch.

https://twitter.com/PhilaUnion/status/1317087647886528513?s=20

Highest homegrown player fee in MLS history. $6MM base with $3MM in "very realistic" incentive bonuses. Also apparently our time to enjoy Caden Clark with the NYRB will be fleeting:

https://twitter.com/MLS_Buzz/status/1315776540945387526?s=20

Jovial Cow fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 16, 2020

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Jovial Cow posted:

Brenden Aaronson is off to RB Salzburg to link up with Jesse Marsch.

https://twitter.com/PhilaUnion/status/1317087647886528513?s=20

Highest homegrown player fee in MLS history. $6MM base with $3MM in "very realistic" incentive bonuses.

Very cool and good. Now for Mark McKenzie to move somewhere

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ewww, why? That looks like Notre Dame's logo, and Notre Dame loving sucks.

https://twitter.com/dynamotheory/status/1317237304558297089

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'll say this about that logo: there's no soccer ball in it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Looks like a baseball team but it’s unique to mls in that way. I kinda like it.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Don’t love it, don’t hate it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

And in a move that will make you go "what took them so long to decide this?", there will be no Supporter's Shield awarded this year.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Yeah, it was obvious that it wouldn’t be fair to give it out this year.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

*team way out of contention because we suck poo poo* yeah uh we shouldn't hand out this trophy but we should hand out other trophies we could still win

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

It was the right decision to cancel it, but it does suck for Philly that they had a chance to actually win something this year.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

e: wrong thread

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

whypick1 posted:

And in a move that will make you go "what took them so long to decide this?", there will be no Supporter's Shield awarded this year.

https://twitter.com/MerrittPaulson/status/1317586403908145152?s=19

Ahahahah! Portland and Seattle have san Jose, Vancouver, and LA GALAXY in their region and Merritt has the self awareness of Medusa.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
This whole god drat season has been a complete farce.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Star Man posted:

This whole god drat season has been a complete farce.
And we haven't even talked about the Galaxy yet :haw:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Orlando is actually in the postseason, that's how hosed up this season is.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm not really taking a shot at a particular team. It's just all of professional sports just need to stop loving running until 2022.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

good thing in a normal season everything is completely balanced, fair and square

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Poonior Toilett posted:

good thing in a normal season everything is completely balanced, fair and square

There's a lot of space between a normally unbalanced MLS schedule and this year's wacky chaos event.

Cancelling the Shield was a reasonable decision (especially since the league confirmed that all the actual practical consequences would remain the same) but it was reached in the wrong way, at the wrong time, and the announcement/claimed reasons were typical Hardcore Supporter self-aggrandizing bullshit, so I won't shed a tear when they have to climb down from it.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

If the Union end up with the most points, I hope they make their own Shield and pretend it's the official one

Unbalanced schedules reasoning is such crap. The schedule hasn't been balanced in years, the best team is absolutely coming out of the east - by far the tougher conference - and the winner never got the chance to stay pad against San Jose

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Unbalanced schedules reasoning is such crap. The schedule hasn't been balanced in years, the best team is absolutely coming out of the east - by far the tougher conference - and the winner never got the chance to stay pad against San Jose

I mean one of the potential winners DID get the chance to stat pad against Vancouver more than the other and I assure you we are bad, the fact that we're midtable is purely because the awfulness in the West is widespread enough that we can pick up points here and there.

Obviously the schedule is unbalanced every year but this year strength of schedule varies between teams SO MUCH more than usual that I buy this reasoning (more than the SS board, in fact, who for some insane reason decided to highlight The Absence Of Passionate SUPPORTERS In The Stands).

(all that said I hope Your Lads win next week to jump into pole position, you deserve this year)

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

remove our games against vancouver and our PPG actually goes up

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whypick1 posted:

lol, j/k

https://twitter.com/SupporterShield/status/1319685026313887745

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The real Shield is for the lols we had along the way.

It's so fitting that Union-TFC is tomorrow now, I'll have to tune in.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

So are they going to do it based on PPG because I don't think teams will even have the same number of games played at the end of the season?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

In the year of Grandpa Nurgle, Philly is top of the league :unsmith:

everything is setting up for an embarrassing first round exit :smith:

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

insider posted:

So are they going to do it based on PPG because I don't think teams will even have the same number of games played at the end of the season?

christ who cares just give it to the team with the most points under the agreed format it's not loving hard

those same points from the same unbalanced schedules are determining the playoffs too, nobody's freaking out about that, it doesn't matter