Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Player/coach situation. He’s good midfield depth and if he brings ANY tactical prowess to the room, we become far better.

I wish he'd just come in as a coach. All this tells me is that is one less position where a desperately thin roster won't be improved. I know Pipa is a legend but he's old as balls and coming out of an awful injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/03/03/victor-wanyama-signed-montreal-impact-designated-player-tottenham-hotspur

New DP signing for Montréal, should fit Henry's system nicely.

I haven't been this hyped about the Impact since... 2015?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
This could be a great signing for you OR he could still be a broken-down wreck of a player who turns out unable to handle our knee-murdering fields/travel schedules/opposing midfielders, and it's honestly hard to tell which!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Dallan Invictus posted:

This could be a great signing for you OR he could still be a broken-down wreck of a player who turns out unable to handle our knee-murdering fields/travel schedules/opposing midfielders, and it's honestly hard to tell which!

Didn't he do really well in Scotland? should be fine.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
He was great in Scotland (and England, for that matter), but that was four years and three catastrophic knee injuries ago, unfortunately.

If he's anywhere close to that previous form he'll be amazing for Montreal, but is he?

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
We just sent Nacho Piatti to San Lorenzo and he immediately reinjured his ankle. I'll take Wanyama for however long his knees can hold.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Looks like three Houston players (Elis, Figueroa, Fuenmayor) got green cards this morning, so that should mean three international spots freed up for Ramos and the front office to play with this summer.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
This is pretty drat unexpected.

https://twitter.com/clubleonen/status/1235296387996291079?s=21

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

With King County now recommending that people avoid gathering in large groups, I wonder if MLS will schedule Seattle/Columbus to be played with closed doors like Serie A is doing?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

binge crotching posted:

With King County now recommending that people avoid gathering in large groups, I wonder if MLS will schedule Seattle/Columbus to be played with closed doors like Serie A is doing?

It should be fine. I heard the virus doesn't survive long on plastic.

Edit: also why they wont be delaying any portland home games.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Based on what I saw Sunday I would think the Timbers would welcome delaying the season a few more weeks.

:boom:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I mean yeah, I think it's probably fine to play them with crowds, since it's highly likely everyone in the Seattle area will get it over the next few months anyway, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear Garber announce postponements or closed door matches.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Tim Howard is coming out of retirement and playing for Memphis 901 :wtc:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

901 is probably the number of times he'll swear at his backline each match.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He's also a co-owner and their GM.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

He's also a co-owner and their GM.
He should just re-brand the team like one of those Svenska Dansbands and they can be Memphis Tim Howards

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

As a Leon supporter this makes me sad but I do like this honky and I guess I'm a Rapids fan on the side now

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Ray Hudson is going to do color commentary for Inter Miami.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?

Syrinxx posted:

As a Leon supporter this makes me sad but I do like this honky and I guess I'm a Rapids fan on the side now

It’s official. Welcome to the club! Where quite frankly we never know how the team will do. :confuoot:

https://twitter.com/coloradorapids/status/1236049211533201408?s=21

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Edward Mass posted:

Ray Hudson is going to do color commentary for Inter Miami.

YES

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
New England versus Chicago is just dreadful. Posession is intermittent and incoherent. Its just awful. I'm sorry for anyone who has to watch this. Judging by the stands mercifully not many people were forced to come.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Oscar Wild posted:

New England versus Chicago is just dreadful. Posession is intermittent and incoherent. Its just awful. I'm sorry for anyone who has to watch this. Judging by the stands mercifully not many people were forced to come.

Seems about average MLS to me :shrug:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lol Buksa just took a dump on that Chicago defender

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

There's a gameday thread fools.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
noted bad player Alan pulido has two goals and two assists in his first two games

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
That was a nice goal by Seattle

Oh wait, it's not a goal, it got VARd

E: wrong thread :ughh:

trem_two fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Mar 8, 2020

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

So this Namli dude seems pretty good.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
ThE mLs Is NoT a ReAl LeAgUe

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/1236761134184779777?s=19

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Oscar Wild posted:

Yes, it wasn't a fun match to watch in person. Revs had more chances to score but couldn't finish; two very mediocre teams on the whole.

It didn't help that it was very cold and the sun was in my eyes the entire match thanks to the early afternoon kickoff.

Gigi Galli posted:

Seems about average MLS to me :shrug:

Announced attendance was 15,289, which would look fine in a SSS built for 18,000 but looks awful in Gillette.

Of course the actual butts in seats was probably closer to 10,000 but I have no way to prove that.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Portland took three shots and won :wtc:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Considering the beer snake is a grand tradition for cricket and Rugby 7s (especially the Hong Kong 7s, I think there was a photo years back of one that stretched halfway across the stadium), that says something for the quality of play in the XFL more than anything. Sheer boredom. Free time.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
You already know this, but FC Cincinnati is a clown car gong show joke of a club that doesn’t know its own policies for its own home opener.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

harperdc posted:

Considering the beer snake is a grand tradition for cricket and Rugby 7s (especially the Hong Kong 7s, I think there was a photo years back of one that stretched halfway across the stadium), that says something for the quality of play in the XFL more than anything. Sheer boredom. Free time.

We gave them the Wave, they give us the Beer Snake.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
The Red Bull’s signed some French defender named Jason Pendant from Ligue 2. Look out world.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
nice stadium
https://twitter.com/intermiamicf/status/1237414557125095424?s=21

for me to poop on

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Jovial Cow posted:

The Red Bull’s signed some French defender named Jason Pendant from Ligue 2. Look out world.

MLS is a garbage league where Alan Pulido scores goals so he'll probably be amazing.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Why do we watch this garbage league?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dallan Invictus posted:

This is ridiculous but I honestly kinda like it.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Star Man posted:

Football doesn't have to be good to be fun as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Star Man posted:

Beats politics