Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Who else felt the urge to watch Contagion last week?

Watched it with the wife (her choice) on Friday.

Its scary how realistic is is. There are a few film short cuts, and they never really say what the death toll is - R0 gets mentioned a lot, but no mention of leathality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Simsandwich posted:

Labour in Scotland

jesus christ every time I hear about the state of scottish labour I figure well at least they've hit rock bottom now, and then something new comes along. is their plan to become so godawful that they cause an integer underflow in the malfunctioning matrix computers producing this godawful hellworld and wrap around to being good again

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

lol die now to avoid the brexit rush

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

that's what makes it british

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

The British Museum is basically like when a serial killer keeps trophies of their victims

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
In fairness, I should point out that the British Museum is not the only trophy room for tomb robbers, I was astonished to find in a museum in Firenze a whole section of Egyptology robbed by Italian explorers.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Just moved in to my new place and trying to work out what Internet looks like in the UK for the first time in a decade. Are Andrews & Arnold still the recommended isp for good tech support, and least likely to shop you for downloading Linux isos? Anyone with a similar rep but less spendy?

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

StarkingBarfish posted:

Just moved in to my new place and trying to work out what Internet looks like in the UK for the first time in a decade. Are Andrews & Arnold still the recommended isp for good tech support, and least likely to shop you for downloading Linux isos? Anyone with a similar rep but less spendy?

A&A are amazing. Zen Internet are the other top tier, non-mass market ISP that are recommended, you won't go far wrong with either.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Cheers, will give both a look in.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I've got zen. They're pretty good I think, getting the speed they said, able to get through for tech support. But i'm a terrible customer so I've already fallen out with them anyway.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Frankly I've never had much of a problem with Sky. Broadband tends to just work these days.

Who else felt the urge to watch Contagion last week?

Bottle of whiskey, Contagion and Children of Men double bill (I like to think Zika and Corona got together to stomp on human fertility). Maybe add in that London Bridge scene from 28 days later. A good Saturday night.

Maybe get a bit of Hitchhikers in there as well: Don't Panic

[img]https://lpix.org/3670182/justTheFluBro].PNG[/img]

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yup definitely experiencing a lot of anxiety bout going and Being Around People for money right now. Job starts tomorrow.

Yay(!)

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Updated the list of previous threads, so when we're all killed by coronovirus, our supermutant descendants may have a record of our time before The Event.

Previous Threads

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Simsandwich posted:

Glasgow, North East, in a CLP that is rigged by the Orange Order and chaired by a former BNP activist (i wish I was making this up).

In Glasgow most of the CLP execs are ran by Progress types, a lot of militarist/Trident lovers too. Know a lot of members of my CLP campaigned for Kate Watson rather than Paul Sweeney because he was Catholic. Our 2021 MSP candidate was selected due to the Order being able to mobilise support for him. The situation in Glasgow is pretty dire due to these kinds of allegiances, deals and mobilisations. The Order is pretty much able to march due the debt that a lot of councillors owe them, as a lot of the local wards only return Labour candidates due to their steadfast commitment to unionism.

Matt Kerr has launched a challenge for Scottish Labour's Deputy Leader. He recently walked out of Glasgow City Chambers rather than support a city budget based on austerity principles. He is a supporter of tenants rights organisation Living Rent as well as the No Evictions Campaign, who are working to prevent mass Evictions of asylum seekers from their housing provided by the Home Office and Serco through a number of private landlords. He is opposed by Jackie Baillie (alongside Union Jack suit wearing UK deputy leader candidate Ian Murray) who has came out in support of Labour Councillors in Aberdeen who entered into a coalition with the Tories and have since been suspended by the party.

Its a complete mess and Labour in Scotland is on the verge of extinction due to administrative positions being held by members in thrall to a military industrial complex that requires UK state investment in order to survive.

Don't think there is anywhere else in the UK like it, would love to hear if there is though!

Wait wait. The former seat of Michael Martin, the first Catholic Speaker of the HoC since the reformation, is now being run by Orange Order types? lol

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Pro-tip - in the absence of a surgical mask or a dust-mask, you can substitute with a full-face welding mask.

Bonus: Your inability to see anything will stop you leaving the house, and thus limit your risks of exposure

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also Amazon is selling ahegao dust masks, which seem to be selling slower than the plain ones.

This will also prevent people interacting with you and thus limit exposure.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pro-tip, masks are for cowards. Surely your British stiff upper lip will fight off disease all on its own.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

thespaceinvader posted:

Yup definitely experiencing a lot of anxiety bout going and Being Around People for money right now. Job starts tomorrow.

Yay(!)

Being an unemployed recluse has it's upsides :cool:
:smithicide:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

it's all over england now:
https://twitter.com/DHSCgovuk/status/1234110794687819777

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I am genuinely tempted to wear a respirator, but I suspect it wouldn't help, it's not like my eyes aren't a mucous membrane that the virus can use to get access anyway.

Le sigh.

I expect to get ill anyway when I start a new job. I won't be able to tell if it's just a cold or if it's the zombie plague.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Time to rebuild the Antonine Wall to ensure the plague can make it no further north than Falkirk. Once Covid-19 kills all the soft southern bastards in Glasgow & Newcastle the hardened Teuchter masses will stream forth to resettle the abandoned wastes.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

forkboy84 posted:

Pro-tip, masks are for cowards. Surely your British stiff upper lip will fight off disease all on its own.
That might possibly be true in my case.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Latest podcast is tough listening on the back of the South Carolina result, that’s for sure.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Wondered why my local GP started wearing this;

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Pesky Splinter posted:

Because they're rad as gently caress, I'd assume.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Red Oktober posted:

Latest podcast is tough listening on the back of the South Carolina result, that’s for sure.

Wouldn't worry, SC was also going to plop for Biden, it's his one hit wonder. None of the other candidates are getting momentum from it, and Biden won't do well anywhere else- be hasn't set foot in a Super Tuesday state for a month now.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pesky Splinter posted:

What do they do with the winged stick? :ohdear:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

It's not a winged stick it's a winged hour glass, and the stick is actually a lead that's being pulled taught. When he takes his winged hour glass for a walk, as being shown here, he constantly says "aren't we having fun?" because he's a dad.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

What do you think? It goes up your bum.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

It's not a winged stick it's a winged hour glass, and the stick is actually a lead that's being pulled taught. When he takes his winged hour glass for a walk, as being shown here, he constantly says "aren't we having fun?" because he's a dad.
That seems too wholesome, although if he was a dad walking his winged hour glass, surely he'd be saying "doesn't time fly?" :dadjoke:

forkboy84 posted:

What do you think? It goes up your bum.
The more things change.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Stopped for lunch on the way back from LARPCon. Mrs A, your stepdad found me! Gave them the best deal of all weekend. :)

Finished at more than double my original targets and even smashed my self imposed stretch goal. I can’t stop grinning tbh.

I’ll be announcing new flavours and a new Goon Special in the next couple of days, so keep your eyes open!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
The 17th century was pretty sexist.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Wait wait. The former seat of Michael Martin, the first Catholic Speaker of the HoC since the reformation, is now being run by Orange Order types? lol

I think there's been a few boundary changes since he originally stood, and what with ScotLab being pretty poo poo, a lot of folk gave up and went SNP, which means that only the die-hards stuck by Labour, e.g. mostly die-hard unionists.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
There's Corona virus in Buxton and I came back from there last week. This is it guys, I'm probably dyin as we speak.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I knew things would be bad post-brexit, especially if we have to use up our food supplies for the coronavirocalypse but I didn't think we were at siege of Leningrad state yet:

Baked babies in Home Bargains.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I knew things would be bad post-brexit, especially if we have to use up our food supplies for the coronavirocalypse but I didn't think we were at siege of Leningrad state yet:

Baked babies in Home Bargains.

Good old Mash Direct. They do Gluten Free Beer Battered Chips and Onion Rings, which are great for my coeliac Wife.

I also didn't realize that they are a NI company. When we went Ooop Norf around Christmas Time we saw that they were selling Christmas themed ham and cheese potato bites, and ones with apricot and walnut stuffing. They were delicious.

Wish they sold more of their products here.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Loonytoad Quack posted:

A&A are amazing. Zen Internet are the other top tier, non-mass market ISP that are recommended, you won't go far wrong with either.

I went from A&A to Zen. Wouid recommend, they're like half the price. :sun:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/I1SUHYc.gifv

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

:perfect:
Cassetteboy has been quiet lately. I wonder if this is the same person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

The Question IRL posted:

Good old Mash Direct. They do Gluten Free Beer Battered Chips
They do and they're good :yum:

I didn't even notice they're gluten free, but they're definitely beer battered and delicious.