Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

That seems too wholesome, although if he was a dad walking his winged hour glass, surely he'd be saying "doesn't time fly?" :dadjoke:

That's why he's having fun, cmon man this is intermediate level dadjokes get with the program :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Guavanaut posted:

They do and they're good :yum:

I didn't even notice they're gluten free, but they're definitely beer battered and delicious.

They'd have to be, they sound like the spousal abuse of potato products.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Camrath posted:

Stopped for lunch on the way back from LARPCon. Mrs A, your stepdad found me! Gave them the best deal of all weekend. :)

Finished at more than double my original targets and even smashed my self imposed stretch goal. I can’t stop grinning tbh.

I’ll be announcing new flavours and a new Goon Special in the next couple of days, so keep your eyes open!

Yeah he happily showed me the bounty! Thanks so much for the extra, very cool and good of you :D

The fudge absolutely whips rear end. My step-dad likes fudge and it meets with his (and my) approval, and my mom doesn't like fudge but I got her to try a little bit and even she likes it.

Congrats on a successful weekend of fudge vending!! It's on the back of an extremely good product so very much deserved.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Was a good initial D&D pre-session, cheers all :)

My character was already arrested by the secret police and thrown in a cell, for the crime of I dunno, sleeping while elvish I suppose

Hiton ihmiset, he mutters in his high elven language

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

jaete posted:

Was a good initial D&D pre-session, cheers all :)

My character was already arrested by the secret police and thrown in a cell, for the crime of I dunno, sleeping while elvish I suppose

Hiton ihmiset, he mutters in his high elven language

Wish I hadn't been working for it, but looking forward to hopefully getting some stuff set up.

Just as a quick thing, is it points buy or rolling for stats?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I went to the whitby museum today and it's like 1/3rd Jet 1/3rd rocks 1/3rd poo poo people nicked from the americas, africa, and australasia.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

well it's everywhere now and likes rain
https://twitter.com/RadioClydeNews/status/1234199741531070464

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Josef bugman posted:

Wish I hadn't been working for it, but looking forward to hopefully getting some stuff set up.

Just as a quick thing, is it points buy or rolling for stats?

You get to choose! Standard distribution (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8) or roll. If you roll, roll wisely.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

feedmegin posted:

You get to choose! Standard distribution (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8) or roll. If you roll, roll wisely.

Is there any minimum for rolling?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Josef bugman posted:

Is there any minimum for rolling?

So what you do is roll 4d6, drop the lowest and add the rest together, x6.

If you mean a minimum for rerolling everything I dunno, if it's really bad go ahead and do it. We're here to have fun, I'm not going to be :hitler: GM or anything.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Having 3 in a stat can be a recipe for fun if you choose wisely which stat!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Maugrim posted:

Having 3 in a stat can be a recipe for fun if you choose wisely which stat!

Fallout 1 minimum Int run = Excellent

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If your int ends up that low I guess you have a bright career as a long range mind flayer detector.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Even though I doubt I'll get paid unless I catch it, I could go for a 2 week self quarantine tbh. Catch up on my video/board games.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I knew things would be bad post-brexit, especially if we have to use up our food supplies for the coronavirocalypse but I didn't think we were at siege of Leningrad state yet:

Baked babies in Home Bargains.

The company that makes that is a few miles down the road from me. Can confirm that it is a real farm and also that is a real tower on the packaging

I don't like their mash though, too dry.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Bardeh posted:

Even though I doubt I'll get paid unless I catch it, I could go for a 2 week self quarantine tbh. Catch up on my video/board games.

I cannot wait for my office to close so i can piss about at home for weeks on end

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

The company that makes that is a few miles down the road from me. Can confirm that it is a real farm and also that is a real tower on the packaging

Between the original name and the Scottish Baronial Revival style that building radiates a powerful Calvinist aura. I can feel it disapproving of those clouds.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Ms Adequate posted:

Fallout 1 minimum Int run = Excellent

I'd always wanted to do a 6 con one and just be a victorian era heroine.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Doesn't that put you at risk of instant death from some diseases if they reduce your con enough?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

OwlFancier posted:

Doesn't that put you at risk of instant death from some diseases if they reduce your con enough?

does this mean britain is impervious from coronavirus now we're at 365 con

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
I'm not super jazzed about Coronavirus as a severely immunocompromised person but on the plus side wearing a face mask means I can go outside either side of electrolysis days without getting clocked so swings and roundabouts

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Angepain posted:

does this mean britain is impervious from coronavirus now we're at 365 con

Depends, I think britain is pretty low on all the other stats and I think if your reduce those to zero it has fun effects too. 0 int I think makes you brain dead for example :v:

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://twitter.com/K_Niemietz/status/1234143082964279297?s=20

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

feedmegin posted:

So what you do is roll 4d6, drop the lowest and add the rest together, x6.

If you mean a minimum for rerolling everything I dunno, if it's really bad go ahead and do it. We're here to have fun, I'm not going to be :hitler: GM or anything.

Do array for the top 3, 4d6 drop lowest for the bottom 3. best of both worlds.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Yes, but I would love to play up the sickly waif aspect.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What kind of freak fries the eggs into the bacon...

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I cannot wait for my office to close so i can piss about at home for weeks on end

I've just had two weeks off work, and I'll be off in three weeks after surgery. If they close our Manchester office I could be looking at the better part of two months away from the office.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
So are they saying that the EU was preventing that somehow, or that 17.4m people voted for extra beans and no sausages?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

lol

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1234028035004882945?s=20

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1234155828711698432?s=20

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1234158245335441416?s=20

:qq:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
This is your :brainworms: on idpol.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Guavanaut posted:

Between the original name and the Scottish Baronial Revival style that building radiates a powerful Calvinist aura. I can feel it disapproving of those clouds.

:cloud:

It has always struck me how the thing looks out of place in pleasant weather. It looks positively in its element set against grey, forboding skies. It also has a light on top for to... scare away the aeroplanes that gives it a definite eye of sauron vibe at night

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's an interesting contrast with the wallace willy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

It has always struck me how the thing looks out of place in pleasant weather. It looks positively in its element set against grey, forboding skies.
That explains the style perfectly :scotland:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

look they were selling them in bulk down at the stonemasons and I bought them just find some way to work them into the design

or: "gothic revival is the architectural equivalent of a fungal infection"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

or: "gothic revival is the architectural equivalent of a fungal infection"
That I definitely believe.

I do like the original Gothic cathedral style when it's all painted up in bright reds and blues like it should be, but Gothic Revival is like they saw all these crumbling churches the colour of a toilet bowl in a hard water area and said "yeah, more of this."

The logical conclusion when Gothic Revival infests a whole area is Dark Souls.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

After a shite shift that went on two and a half hours longer than it should have everyone got into the van exhausted and grumpy then two owls flew in front of us and everyone perked right up. Owls are great.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh yeah I like the ones where they finish the exterior with something, or I guess just if the stonework is very good and well preserved, but the excessive ornamentation combined with rough stonework and staining with age just makes it look like a mess.

If you paint it white it looks much better, IMO:

But then I'm basically just saying "Muslims/Indians did it better"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Or at least kept up with the maintenance.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Guavanaut posted:

So are they saying that the EU was preventing that somehow, or that 17.4m people voted for extra beans and no sausages?

The removal of sausages and introduction of beans is extremely on brand for this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

crispix posted:

After Granda died, my Granny Sadie moved to Newtownards, so when I was a kid and stayed with her every time school was off for more than a week, I'd fly into Belfast City and we'd get a taxi home and the best moments of my childhood were the first glimpse of Scrabo Tower because then I knew I was home, at least for a little while. :3:

And further;

crispix posted:

:cloud:

It has always struck me how the thing looks out of place in pleasant weather. It looks positively in its element set against grey, forboding skies. It also has a light on top for to... scare away the aeroplanes that gives it a definite eye of sauron vibe at night

I loving hated having to stay with my Auntie Georgina if Granny couldn't get time off work to exactly match up with my arrival, because the room I stayed in there was like, right at the foot of the hill and the window was high up and had no curtain, so Scrabo Tower's terrible red eyes just loving stared down at me and bored into my nightmares.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 1, 2020