Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
The real reason to despise Hillary is because she unabashedly and unashamedly used slave labour to clean her house and do her gardening like an antebellum plantation owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Prestwick are gonna have to take down that Pure Dead Brilliant sign at the airport aren’t they

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

You'll be relieved to hear in the age of the gigabit internet connection this is still the case.

Pen testing will just need a job lot of branded usb’s and a clipboard long after we’re all gone

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Olpainless posted:

Yellow is showing all the branches that have that novel mutation, then highlights them on the chart as such; almost all the Italian cases have that mutation in Spike (And also one in Orf1b, which afaik encodes the RNA polymerase and other viral genome replicating proteins)

So Italy have taken something originally Chinese, amended it slightly and now claiming it as their own?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Also the virus has already mutated once and people have shown no signs of gaining immunity?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:lol: Wes Streeting asking Andrea Leadsom to name one positive thing Chris Grayling has ever done and she flubbed it

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Took about 30 days for 1 in 200 over 70’s in Italy to get the virus and 1 in 8 of them died.

Johnson’s already facing front page stories about potential triaging options.

There’s likely going to be a story soon about rationed ventilators and maybe then people will recognise what a colossal oval office he is / has made of this

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

feedmegin posted:

Another option is to buy any old TV and something like a Roku streaming stick. Works for us, bae watches her shows on iplayer and youtube, I watch my shows via Plex and :filez:.

This is absolutely the best option, if you can be arsed looking on Facebook / eBay for a decent three or four year old 1080p tv then that + fire tv/Apple TV/chromecast will outperform any smart tv you buy cheap today. And last.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The Financial Times has some really good tracking and information on the spread and different countries activities. because capital needs accurate information more than the public and we live in a hellworld

Johnson is attempting to fudge the first graph to look statesmanlike and modern by not testing (and to avoid the blowback from our poo poo initial response), and is loving up the second graph because he’s a dumb oval office, and again, hellworld.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

I mean if you’re going to do the obr gag properly that’s a lot of commitment to drawing straight lines off unrelated trend lines, fair play

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

They’re all preparing for 16 weeks, Arlene dropped that bombshell over the weekend, it’s just that Boris isn’t being transparent about it.

Its probably not a coincidence that those 16 weeks take you roughly to the end of the academic year, and that nets them another 6 weeks of summer on top, along with the 3 weeks of term/half term holidays.

The longer they delay the more of it sits within existing childcare arrangements and arranged leave.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Oodles posted:

“Existing childcare”, which is usually grandparents. Who hopefully haven’t died.

Absolutely, it’s hosed and parents in key workers groups, looked after children provision, kids on free school meals, provision for teachers/staff with underlying health issues, the DfE needs to be leading on this and it’s just not.

On top of that, there are a lot of international students being pulled from the UK by their parents/ leaving themselves, but no guidance on whether their visas will expire.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

sebzilla posted:

If people in this country were to sing a song of resilience from their balconies, what would it be?

My money's on Tubthumping.

Given the government response I’m going with Just.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

When, in 2014, I said I wanted us to be on a par with Spain, this was not my intention.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1239652731566141441?s=21

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

Why is that? The ICU's haven't failed yet. Are our olds just really unhealthy compared to the continent? I can really see it being that.

Cos our rate of infection is an artifice, and can be manipulated through a lack of testing, but deaths can’t be hidden.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Jose posted:

London can gently caress off imo

Come live on the south coast/best coast, there’s nothing like the wide open spaces and small, sparsely populated cities

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Still no definition of who a key worker is, or what constitutes a vulnerable child, so schools are hosed come Monday and we’re all in this zeppelin together

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

smiling giraffe posted:

My moronic boss is still going to the gym everyday after developing a cough.

Bet him £200 that in a weeks time you’ll be able to bench more than him

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Pablo Bluth posted:

Another 41 UK deaths, taking the total to 144, and up from 33 in the previous day.

Which means we’re likely to be in a position of 400-500k infections nationwide. Pubs still open.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

People (UK tory people who are convinced this is a fuss over nothing - blitz, flu etc etc) now starting to question the number of deaths put down to CV in Italy and saying they would have died anyway. From what I can gather - and I've seen nothing specific from google - the death count from Italy as those who have been tested positive (whether before or after death).
Anyway know for sure?

Don’t argue with them. ‘But it’s the end of an ice age so it’d be getting warmer anyway’, ‘why was she in the room if she wasn’t expecting something to happen?’.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

If you work in any industry that is having critical national infrastructure meetings then I’d have to guess you’re likely on the list.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Need to butter up some egos so they don’t realise they’re involved

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Between HMRC, Student Finance and the DWP you should have the bank details for every person over 16? Just put money in the account.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Almost every word in that headline has an English derivative, just pretend it's weirdly-spelled English

Ah so it’s just someone typing in a ____________ accent then

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Pablo Bluth posted:

a) They live a lifestyle that involves a lot of international travel and/or mingling with jetsetter (aka virus vectors) so were bound to be at the forefront of being exposed
b) They're rich so can buy tests
c) They're generally in excellent health and have age on their side

C) is paradoxically wrong, they’re normally always carrying a knock, or injury, and overtrain.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Aramoro posted:

I assume this is a joke of some sort?

quote:

Carneiro said: “Professional players have been shown to be regularly immunosuppressed.

“This has been demonstrated by both blood tests and the rate and incidence of upper respiratory tract and other infections, which is how a virus like this starts.

“That's due to the amount of sport they play. The physical activity, playing at a professional level, with games sometimes every 72 hours, as well as training, creates a strain on the body.”

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Suspending the congestion charge when there’s no real lockdown in place is going to lead to an influx of people travelling in from the Home Counties isn’t it

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

I want to beat whoever made that graph over the head repeatedly with my copy of

e: 242 times

I’ve charted that up for you to let people understand it better

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

I think that for as long as Dominos are advertising themselves as a community food hub and hiring were probably really really hosed.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Using Microsoft is absolutely fine in terms of GDPR and nearly every big business you’ve ever used and not known about are using it. Teams is significantly less wank than other options now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

I vote VGA because it’s stayed the same and there aren’t forty different versions. 15 pins and you’re done.

What the gently caress is a HDMI 1.3a