Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Simsandwich
Feb 15, 2007
Glasgow, North East, in a CLP that is rigged by the Orange Order and chaired by a former BNP activist (i wish I was making this up).

In Glasgow most of the CLP execs are ran by Progress types, a lot of militarist/Trident lovers too. Know a lot of members of my CLP campaigned for Kate Watson rather than Paul Sweeney because he was Catholic. Our 2021 MSP candidate was selected due to the Order being able to mobilise support for him. The situation in Glasgow is pretty dire due to these kinds of allegiances, deals and mobilisations. The Order is pretty much able to march due the debt that a lot of councillors owe them, as a lot of the local wards only return Labour candidates due to their steadfast commitment to unionism.

Matt Kerr has launched a challenge for Scottish Labour's Deputy Leader. He recently walked out of Glasgow City Chambers rather than support a city budget based on austerity principles. He is a supporter of tenants rights organisation Living Rent as well as the No Evictions Campaign, who are working to prevent mass Evictions of asylum seekers from their housing provided by the Home Office and Serco through a number of private landlords. He is opposed by Jackie Baillie (alongside Union Jack suit wearing UK deputy leader candidate Ian Murray) who has came out in support of Labour Councillors in Aberdeen who entered into a coalition with the Tories and have since been suspended by the party.

Its a complete mess and Labour in Scotland is on the verge of extinction due to administrative positions being held by members in thrall to a military industrial complex that requires UK state investment in order to survive.

Don't think there is anywhere else in the UK like it, would love to hear if there is though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsandwich
Feb 15, 2007

Danger - Octopus! posted:

It'll probably also mean the Tory supporting big pub chain bosses can buy up all the independents and small chains that go down first, because they'll manage to survive with special crony handouts if they hold on long enough.

Quoting this because it is the truth. Bigger operators are going to get a state subsidised gold rush for premises as well as their pick of staff, useful for a staff shortage that was looming post Brexit.

My employer is going with the idea of it being a bear market for those groups with cash to burn.

Simsandwich
Feb 15, 2007
Ugh so the company I work for is going to be announcing furlough measures, though I started after the furlough date cut off (28th Feb), am I hosed? It feels like I am.