Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
HAPPY ST. DAVID'S DAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I have died of remoanervirus

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Japanese cats look different.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Corona virus may just provide the government with the excuse it needs for why brexit has nothing to do with the economy being poo poo.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Liam Byrne's noooooooote

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
What gets me about the 8 in 1600 figure is that they didn't simplify it.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Be violent, get famous

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Iran has biological weapons, we should invade.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Just gimme the disease and let's get it over with for this year.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
In theory, relaxing gun laws during a mental health crisis would also cull the "surplus population"

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

"Please, sir, I want some."

"SOME?!"

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
It's a loving flu, we'll get through it and some grannies will die and a few nurses will quit their NHS jobs in favour of the much less stressful cosmetic procedure industry. Life goes on whoop de doo.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm curious to see if the Tories have to execute their plans to have the army empty the bins.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Sure it's technically a different family. Still, we're far from wagons rolling down the high street hollering "bring out your dead"

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
By the army.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Horanges

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Anyone catch the Lib Dems party election broadcast tonight?

They're going to use trans issues as their attack vector against Labour when Kier inevitably tries to play them down.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The old ſchool ſ haſ a ſymbol

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
We've had too much dithering and delaying on the issue, and everyone's tired of hearing about it. The country just needs to Get Covid Done.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Pretty lousy finance director if he wouldn't veto in the case of a revenue boost. Take the money, you fool!

But in all seriousness the case which needs to be made is that the losses will be greater when everyone is at home sick, not working, compared with the scenario they're voting on where everyone's at home working.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Mar 12, 2020

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Sanford posted:

No he said this won't happen. He's heard that it's an estimated 20% of the workforce over a six month period which is only a couple of people a week. I started to correct his understanding of those figures and he said (in front of the full management team) "LOOK IF YOU WANT TO WORK FROM HOME SO BADLY WE CAN ARRANGE THAT AND PROBABLY HAVE A DISCUSSION ABOUT EXACTLY WHAT IMPACT THAT HAS ON YOUR REMUNERATION AT THE SAME TIME" so I dropped it and the discussion ended. He's definitely a person who knows above all else that number must go up, and he has had the opportunity to learn that consequences are something that happens to other people, not him.
Looks like he gets to test his theory.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Mar 12, 2020

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Can we trust China's figures on its own performance though?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

There's conspiracy theories floating around that it's man made. I don't know if that's what the senator believes, but I wouldn't put it past USpol.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is now a good time to buy stocks, what with the markets dipping low?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

OwlFancier posted:

I am curious how they're gonna try to spin corpses piling up. I'm sure they're going to try, I'm just not sure what excuse they're going to go with.

"It's quite clear that, in the face of these difficult challenges, those who can afford healthcare must be asked to pay their share. Over the coming weeks we will be vastly increasing hospital capacity with the construction of new hospitals made available to those who are able to contribute. This will liberate the existing healthcare infrastructure for NHS patients, and be a better situation for everyone."

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The Tories are banking on the public having a more catastrophic view of how this will unfold than what actually unfolds. Then they can say "see, the so called experts will have taken you out of your jobs and cost us all a lot of money for nothing."

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
That article is bait.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Infertility doesn't last very long in a population, as it's not an inheritable trait.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I like how in all these "flatten the curve" diagrams they show some kind of surplus capacity in the healthcare system like it's not already balls-to-the-wall.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I can see it now, a post Covid soundbite from the Tory benches:

"a huge decline in food banks since this time last year!"

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Nothing is inherently necessary of itself. The suggestion of necessity begs the question,

what condition would it be "absolutely necessary" for?

It's not necessary that I get out of bed, but it is necessary to do so in order to not piss my sheets.

There's a huge blank left here that they're hoping we somehow just fill. These measures won't be used unless absolutely necessary for what?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

knox_harrington posted:

Just having to persuade a friend that deliberately getting infected with coronavirus "to get it over with" is probably not a great strategy.

If you're looking purely at the individual and not trying to convince them in terms of how it impacts others: it's worth waiting to get confirmation one way or the other as to whether someone can be reinfected with the disease. I think it's important science worth waiting for if you're considering the chicken pox strategy.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
He'll make you wish he'd kept those water cannons

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The experience of having my rear end ate is my inspiration for eating rear end.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Mum's a nurse. She got a survey that pretended to be about training needs. It asked which areas of nursing she felt confident practicing in. The survey's veil tore down at the point where each question corresponded exactly to each of the major wards in the county's largest hospital.

Respiratory health, orthapedics, cardiovascular health, etc

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

a pipe smoking dog posted:

-Highways workers (?)

There's highway patrols with land rovers that have amber lights. They have powers to direct and stop traffic including pulling you over. Their job is to prevent the big stream of traffic going at 70 ish all day from piling up into itself.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Just get the army out tbh. The optics will be bad but they know how to run a hospital from a tent and already have experience in firefighting from the protests in the 00s.

Also they can teach you how to wipe with just one square of toilet paper.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Mental health nurses can do a lot of ordinary nursing practice, although they'll be limited by their training. In these circumstances they might be looking at merging the capacity of physical and mental health practice where possible.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Would a zombie apocalypse have been better or worse for the economy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I suppose there's no reason why you couldn't work in the early stages of a zombie apocalypse, so it might be better, and the government might invest in expanding the armed services as well as the factories needed to supply it. I think a mild zombie apocalypse might actually be a very opportune time for survivors.