Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I think I may be winning/losing in the virus last one alive in this thread at the moment.

At work today, one of the cafeteria workers that I chat poo poo with, said one of his classmates (hes studying in uni) was on the plane with the 1st Northern Ireland confirmed case.

His classmate was in uni the next day, but was told to quarantine for a month the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Reminds me of a comic strip called The Driver. Of a trucker with an impossibly long trailers behind him
Appeared in a comic called Toxic! in the UK in the late 90s.

Here is someone who put it to music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-PjNLRUdw8

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Mr Phillby posted:

The company I work for isn't loving insane so they just bought a bunch of laptops and I get to work from home for the first time today.

Posted this in the Ireland thread, mine has been going the last decade 'no its impossible never going to happen' to work from home.
Now its confirmed we are going to.
And I think they are doing it in a half assed way too, VPNing to our work computers.
But hey, if I can get paid while wearing nothing but my underwear, Im up for it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

So the bats, the democrats, the left media, China, and Hillary then.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Had a friend just ask the most stupidly obvious thing.

Are airlines spray people coming on or off planes?

It would be a really cheap way to stop it spreading.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Communist Thoughts posted:

if anything the press will rally round the flag and invoke blitz spirit so we can't critique our masters at such a fraught time

Boris just needs to bring up the 'Year of Celebrating Britain' hes planning for 2022 to this year while old folks who remember the 50s are still alive.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

ThomasPaine posted:

God drat all those old tories must be feeling betrayed right now, thoroughly betrayed. If only someone had warned them.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is an empty locked private room in the nearest hospital reserved for them, just in case.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

I bet you that Boris has asked for a study in how much potential money could be saved if a million or so oldies died right now.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

That's from a film called 'Rita, Bob and Sue too', just in case you thought it was real.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Looks like my company made the correct call allowing us to work from home.
We share the same building with a few other companies, and one of them has a confirmed positive who was in the building.
Full place is on lockdown, and its only 1/2 mile from where I live.
poo poo.

I think I will let my beard grow, until the all clear is given.
Anyone in for a beard growing competition?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Jippa posted:

Boris reckons we can "turn the tide" in 12 weeks.

72 weeks it is then.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Jippa posted:

From the "hull daily mail".

400 words, 0 suggestions.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Josef bugman posted:

Anyone else found that they have started doing "Dead NPC in a video game" things like leaving notes about their health/state of the world left lying around?

Planning to be a Dead Rising psychopath instead.
Not sure if I will hang out in the local Subway sandwich shop or Starbucks.
Need a segway too, to chase people.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Lady Gaza posted:

Until we go on full France-style lockdown, I assume there is issue with going on a walk outside? For example from my house I can walk a loop in about an hour, during which time I literally interact with no one (I might see the odd person on the pavement but can easily avoid) and don’t touch anything. Or, I can drive somewhere rural and walk in some fields etc. My wife is on maternity leave and we have a 7 month old so would like to get us and the baby some fresh air! It doesn’t seem like the above is contrary to current advice.

Both are fine.
The virus is close contact spread, so as long as you don't touch things like bench seats or gates or whatever you should be fine.
Wash hands before and after you come back. And stop anyone coming up to see the kid up close.

My mother is 72 and takes the dog for a walk every morning at 7am, and is safe to do so as there is gently caress all around apart from the birds.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

sinky posted:

I've installed a 60,000psi bidet.

Cleans your cervix and sinuses with one squirt!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Azza Bamboo posted:

Let me tell you about Nutella and cottage cheese sandwiches.

Currently munching on a Nutella and Smooth Peanut Butter sandwich.
Peanut Butter and Ketchup is nice too.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Dear BBC , these are desperate times . The nation needs a lift.
Please replay the sounds of Doodlebugs flying over ahead, far away explosions, and muffled 'Roll out the barrel'
Blitz music as if its coming from the underground.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
One unnerving fact from the Irish daily briefing, was that 45% of cases could not be traced to any other person, as in they can't trace it backwards .

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'd like your opinions on Horrid Henry.

Not a parent, never heard of this show before.
Just watched 10 minutes, and its loving terrible. Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88qpjKs8zbA

It's like enforcing kids to do poo poo behind their parents back.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

learnincurve posted:

although it will be very very funny watching the white van right wingers utterly lose their poo poo on twitter when they read the sun in the morning and realise what’s just happened to them.

Surely the press will be all ARE PRINCE being sick GOD LUV IM and being a total DOFF CAP gent about it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

RockyB posted:

Rees Mogg

He's been safe back in his coffin since the day after the election.
He will be really annoyed when he finds out he missed watching 2% of the population dying.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Working from home here.
And our servers are being DDoSed.
So hoping it lasts all day.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Watching Sky News and finding it funny that the news broadcaster and reporter have an incredulous tone when they are saying that Germany is handling the virus better.
".....they ACTIVELY seek out carriers..." was one choice section.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Not So Fast posted:

It's going to take a couple of weeks of lockdown for this to have an effect on the rise in numbers. Italy is only just seeing a slowdown.

Even then, it will be months of mini outbreaks and such.
Once the all clear to go back to work is given, some will be still carriers and will infect the rest of their fellow staff.
I totally expect to get it then, our office aircon is dreadful, and if one fucker has it, all of us will get it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-52052830

quote:

"We are getting calls from people who say 'I think my neighbour is going out on a second run - I want you to come and arrest them'.

"We have had dozens and dozens of these calls."

loving lol.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Bardeh posted:

My Mum today wanted to go to Waitrose for a loving newspaper. We have a house full of food, and she has a Times subscription so she can read it online anyway.

"Yeah, but I prefer the paper one, it's not the same on the laptop."

She's 60 and in decent health, but overweight and is prone to respiratory infections. I almost want to show her some of the twitter accounts I've seen from people who've had the roni to scare her into staying indoors at all costs, but I won't because it'll terrify her.

Do it.
Better scared than dying alone on a gurney in a hallway, being buried in whatever you were wearing at the time, and getting a minimal funeral.
For a loving tabloid.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Unless you have someone to bang already inside the house you should donate them to a food Bank or something

I have a few spare Marigolds lying around.
Thats 5 potential condoms per glove.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Jose posted:

How exactly do you just find a shotgun?

Family on my street found a random shotgun in their attic a few years ago.
Turned out it belonged to a drug dealer who lived 3 houses down, he went up into his attic and broke through to the other attics to stash it
Knowing the police won't search further than his house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

sassassin posted:

People on my football forums have gone all in on the idea that most of us are already infected, and that there's a government cover up as only a fraction of the people dying in hospitals have the virus.

Anything to excuse how terrible Man U were this year.