Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

namesake posted:

Do you have any good Chinese takeaways nearby? That's a nice solidarity gesture as well.

Went to my local and I the owner was sat behind the counter watching TV and eating while his wife/cook was nowhere to be seen. Served in record time because they had literally nothing else to do - no other customers present and no phone deliveries.

So yeah, go visit your locals at least once. Ours have been there since my schooldays and it's lovely that people are avoiding them just because they're Chinese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Bloody hell. Get well soon, fellow goon.

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

bessantj posted:

Was replacing some rail over the weekend and at one point a badger came down to the fence near where we were working and just sat down and watched us for five minutes :3: I forget how big they are in real life.

I always imagine them the size of a Big Trak. I think that's more me being impressed at the size of the latter when I was a yoof, though.

Biggus Dickus fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Mar 17, 2020

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

sassassin posted:

Farm Foods was completely out of tea and coffee.

There are a lot of empty freezers in ours as well.

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

I just watched a woman in Sainsbury’s take a Brita jug out of its box, turn it over on her hands a few times and put it back, then buy a different one.

Completely. loving. Oblivious.

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Welp:

https://twitter.com/lokinhei/status/1241220936906338304?s=21

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

AceClown posted:

UKMTSF update:

[b]The UKMT Solidarity Fund is now live!

Any idea when the proper bank account will be set up? I want to set up a standing order and forget about it.
(I'm sure I'm not the only one)

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Jimmy looks unimpressed with the whole "saying goodbye" thing. Like it's an inconvenience. A handsome boy, though.

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

BBC reporting Boris has it, I'm sure he's happy to be contributing to herd immunity.

Should've self-isolated!

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Dog clippers are the best. They go through absolutely anything, hair-wise.

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

jackhunter64 posted:

Identify this suburban sound for me

I wonder if it could be an air-source heat pump, as they need to periodically compress a gas to raise it above the ambient air temperature. It’s possibly you’re only hearing it when the air is cold or things are quiet in general.

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Guavanaut posted:

Do they sound any different to outside air conditioner units?

Then again those can make some crazy noises if there's something a bit wrong with them.

Aircon is more continous as opposed to periodical IIRC, but both involve compressors and fans, so...

e:'b'

Biggus Dickus fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Mar 31, 2020

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Communist Thoughts posted:

Yeah but hopefully not for long. It should have a tough time living on anything alive that it can't infect.
Like it probably doesn't live as long on your skin as it does on a plastic packet.

I hope this can be confirmed officially because I saw a lovely staffie waiting outside the supermarket and was sad that I didn't pet it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Welsh vulnerables, be prepared.
I've checked - the GP practice is real, the person named in the latter is as real as can be determined from a google.

Gone already, though I was able to snap the cached twitter thumbnail:

E:beaten with info removed.