Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

The British Museum is basically like when a serial killer keeps trophies of their victims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Angrymog posted:

Going by the WHO chart I've had CV symptoms for at least a week. I have also been in work all that week.

Serves them right for having a passive-aggressive sickness policy and leaving it to us to decide if we should stay home or not

I was sick all weekend with flu-like symptoms, and my manager talked poo poo to me when I came back for being off for more than one day. I know capitalism produces its own gravediggers, but this is ridiculous

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Yes, Pobol Y Cwm - People of the Valley. It's been going for centuries.
(irrelevant info: Back when Channel 4 first started, if you lived in Wales you were stuck with S4C - all welsh language.)
ed actually not irrelevant, it was on S4C originally - well BBC Wales before that. Oh never mind, I'm sure you don't care!

Is Rownd a Rownd going to be okay? :ohdear:

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

The place I work at is staying open. They've got rid of all of the casual staff, they're going to fire some of the permanent full-time staff, they haven't announced who yet. I don't know whether it's better to be fired right now so I can self-isolate, or stay working so I can pay the bills

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Answers Me posted:

Is anybody else's short-term memory completely hosed right now? I can't remember how many days I've been working from home for, I keep having to check what day of the week it is etc.

Is there a term for this? I guess it's just generalised anxiety/trauma, and a consequence of my adrenaline being through the roof with the work I'm doing. I'm finding it really hard to just slow my brain down, so I guess it's a result of that...

I got the same thing when I was unemployed. It's just what staying at home every day and not having any real routine will do to you, night shifts will do it too but for a different reason.

e: Coronavirus cases in India hit 145 yesterday, but that low number might be due to a poor testing rate

Debbie Does Dagon fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Mar 19, 2020

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Communist Thoughts posted:

theres like no flour to be bought off any online retailer in the UK, i've bought 2 bags of grain like some kind of medieval peasant lol
no supermarket is doing delivery at all, so i guess everyone is meant to be out shopping and coughing on eachother

also all the places like amazon and ebay are just swamped with profiteers flipping flour and pasta at huge markups

food is gonna be a real issue huh, and i feel like everything is gonna be delayed for a week or two now the whole loving gov is gonna come down with covid and start panicking

I went to Aldi yesterday. All the shelves were full, usual prices, and from I noticed they were only missing eggs and toilet paper. I had to queue for a couple of minutes to get in, and they had security on the door. You just have to make sure you decontaminate as soon as you get home, and disinfect everything you've bought :shrug: I live with an at-risk person so it's a bit nerve wracking, but it seems like it's the best option right now unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Pretty much, and of course avoid food that is served cold.