Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Hello again :)

I wonder if Rarity is ever coming back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

what's "uchi" is it the umami of personalities
"(big) sisterly" - somewhat blunt and rude, but caring at heart. The female counterpart to the Cranky personality.
also yes

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

homeless snail posted:

believe in hotgirlvideos69

I hate that I keep reading that name as hotdoggirlvideos69.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I hate that I keep reading that name as hotdoggirlvideos69.

I wasn't going to say anything but now that someone else is admitting to it...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm not far into good company, but I think this game might be... good!! its kinda what I wanted out of big pharma in terms of balance of logistics/business sim. big pharma skews a little bit more towards the puzzle side in trying to fill space with your assembly line to solve problems as efficiently as possible, where good company is more a game where the problems are the tiny inefficiencies that build up as you're designing your assembly line that cascade into big loving nightmares at the end of it

i'm not really sure why they decided to have a little man you move around the screen as if its evil genius though, instead of omnipotent tycoon viewpoint, considering the game is pretty much just theme hospital except youre building calculators

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Stux posted:

humble just put up a ridiculous bundle w everything going to help orgs fighting covid:

https://www.humblebundle.com/conquer-covid19-bundle

bunch of really really good games, bunch of books, and a month of humble choice. the new month of choice rolls over in two days if youre not into whats up for this month and this bundle is on for a week so you can wait and grab next months for free instead

Another crazy bundle:

https://itch.io/b/471/gdc-relief-bundle

Not as high profile, and it's more to support a bunch of independent devs that lost out big with GDC but there is a lot of stuff here including stuff I think was made for the bundle.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Songbearer posted:

Hello I dropped out of this thread a while back but I love you all and I'm thinking of you xx see you in next month's thread where I'm not scared of the ~1500 posts I've missed

When you see a ridic number of missed posts, hit "Last Post"

Namaste

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Songbearer posted:

Hello I dropped out of this thread a while back but I love you all and I'm thinking of you xx see you in next month's thread where I'm not scared of the ~1500 posts I've missed

you gotta let the posts go and :justpost:, read the last few pages if you want context

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Roth posted:

Another crazy bundle:

https://itch.io/b/471/gdc-relief-bundle

Not as high profile, and it's more to support a bunch of independent devs that lost out big with GDC but there is a lot of stuff here including stuff I think was made for the bundle.

epic

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

homeless snail posted:

i'm not far into good company, but I think this game might be... good!! its kinda what I wanted out of big pharma in terms of balance of logistics/business sim. big pharma skews a little bit more towards the puzzle side in trying to fill space with your assembly line to solve problems as efficiently as possible, where good company is more a game where the problems are the tiny inefficiencies that build up as you're designing your assembly line that cascade into big loving nightmares at the end of it

i'm not really sure why they decided to have a little man you move around the screen as if its evil genius though, instead of omnipotent tycoon viewpoint, considering the game is pretty much just theme hospital except youre building calculators

Oh man I was thinking about Big Pharma looking at those screenshots but I bounced off that game so this sounds cool

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

168 games is too many for a bundle

how many are you gonna play

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the Sonic movie sure changed a lot

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Help Im Alive posted:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

Probably zero.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeZrtVoUvp4&feature=emb_title

Incredible that someone snuck their fetish game in there. Not sure I can respect it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Roth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeZrtVoUvp4&feature=emb_title

Incredible that someone snuck their fetish game in there. Not sure I can respect it.

Some real Zardoz vibes from that title screen.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Letting the posts go by
Click the chat thread and scroll down
Letting the posts go by
Chat thread posters all around
Into the gray again
Into the white noise fodder
Under the posts and quotes
There are posters all around
Letting the posts go by
Click the chat thread and scroll down
Letting the posts go by
Chat thread posters all around
Into the gray again
Press the last page button
Once in a lifetime
Join the posters all around

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I want to say that I'm sorry but to be perfectly honest, I'm really not

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

and then a sixer comes

here comes the sixer

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Just post things it doesn't matter if others might have posted or even if you've posted them before

https://twitter.com/MaxKriegerVG/status/1244790364608880646

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Convex posted:

Hello again :)

I wonder if Rarity is ever coming back

Rarity if you're lurking I hope you're doing well

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

and then a sixer comes

here comes the sixer

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Rarity is busy writing the OP for the next goty thread

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
The real Rarity was the friends we made along the way

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

maybe if you were nicer they wouldn't be such a rarity

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Cowcaster posted:

maybe if you were nicer they wouldn't be such a rarity

huff my nuts you middling clown

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well i never

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh man I was thinking about Big Pharma looking at those screenshots but I bounced off that game so this sounds cool
probably depends on what part of it you bounced off of. like, one of the starkest differences is how products are evaluated, and imo kinda illustrates the differences in mentalities. in big pharma it's all whatever quality you happen to get shipped, if you do the puzzle better and get your refinement set up you get more but at any point you can just give up and ship what you have, it's pretty much impossible to lose money. in good company on the other hand, you have to design your product up front, there's a little inventory tetris where you fit all your modules in the case to balance positive/negative features and then you absolutely need all of those modules to assemble the final product and ship, and until you do you're bleeding money on salary and materials

the other big difference is big pharma is 100% robots and everything in the factory works in lock step timing, it's basically timesliced like a zach game. where timing in good company is a little looser, it takes some amount of real time for your guy to move over to the shelf, grab the parts, build the thing, take it over to another shelf. it makes it feel less like a discrete puzzle game and more like a sim

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wait did you think i was talking about the poster Rarity because i was responding to ShallNoiseUpon's post

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I usually play video games alone, but now that I'm cooped up, I really have the urge to play some poo poo online, which feels weird.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I saw a weird alt manga on Amazon I'm kicking myself for not wishlisting but it was a collection of horrifying short stories and one of them was about an idol farm that raises young women like literal cattle and society discards them by like age 19.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/sawdustbear/status/1244813882364801025

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I hope brands don’t do pranks tomorrow, but who I am I kidding?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

that flipnote 'leak' is a very obvious april foolie day although i'm willing to eat my words if it's not

nintendo is on autopilot with their directs and hasn't changed the format up since iwata passed away. and the structure is different than in the leak. it's always big announcement, third party game, reminder of existing game about to release, big announcement, eshop-only game, third party game, sizzle reel of random poo poo, one more thing

the mario news being separate and reported on by multiple sites is probably real, but giftpia was a flop in japan and would compete against animal crossing, you'd be more likely to see a mother 3 remake

e: the skyward sword rumor, i already am trying to figure out how sunshine will work with digital controls (hold a different button when spraying to change the pressure?), i have no idea how skyward sword would be played in handheld mode

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 1, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I hope brands don’t do pranks tomorrow, but who I am I kidding?

https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/1245004432951009285

Do you 'Restrain from April Fools' or 'This is a time to enjoy April Fools'?

Either way leads to a 'Day of Hatred'

Hope companies just stealth drop a bunch of games and cool things today :shrug:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I checked my sources and
https://twitter.com/HotGirlVideos69/status/1244640289295302656

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Does hotgirlvideos69 have anything to say about the suspicious Mario rumors

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007