Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Stux posted:

weird way to say super mario galaxy and odyssey and world

Galaxy is great but I guess 2D platformers just feel more precise to me somehow, I'm not sure how to explain it really. SMW is one of the greatest of all time but just doesn't have the variety and quantity of SMB 3

edit: why are people so bothered about being the first post on a page? my posts are always terrible regardless so i'm not sure why concern should be applied over their relative prominence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

3d world is the best

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Party 2 is the best mario

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Looper posted:

honestly the worst thing about stardew is that it's not anime enough

Yeah I gotta dial back my initial take actually. Even though each character is some sort of anime personality, they generally “land” and I’ve already gotten really attached to them. The banter is solid as well.

Except the cook. That guy has got to go.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought it was cute there was a guy who went and started a farm for real because of Stardew Valley but then when I checked back on his reddit a couple months later it was all like alt right trump stuff

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

oddium posted:

3d world is the best

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Rune Factory 4 is cool outside of the ugly portraits and the script where characters have to repeat everything they just heard and also have everything explained to them three times.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/rceezus/status/1234225641949519873

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Help Im Alive posted:

I thought it was cute there was a guy who went and started a farm for real because of Stardew Valley but then when I checked back on his reddit a couple months later it was all like alt right trump stuff

When folks picture "family farms" they think of something like Stardew when most "family farms" in the US are consolidated land holdings in the tens of thousands of acres or grifts used by 1%ers for tax evasion purposes

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oddium posted:

3d world is the best

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Thronos has been Deployed
https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/1234239520897486848

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

oddium posted:

3d world is the best

and it's not particularly close

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

when's 3d world 2

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sharrrk posted:

when's 3d world 2

2015 :D

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the best one is odyssey

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jump Up, Super Star is a classic. Also the last level song

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Long cutscenes with lore dumps and "are you sure you want to proceed you won't be able to go back" prompts are increasing in frequency so I feel like I'm getting close to the end of an act or something.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/ACWorldBlog/status/1233119402268282880

Must resist urge to draw inappropriate things

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope that Rune Factory 4S doesn't do what the original does and have the third story arc locked behind random chance. It's dumb for any game to gate its progression behind random chance and that has easily killed off my interest in completing certain games since I inevitably am stuck grinding or waiting or savescumming until the correct trigger happens.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Having wrapped up rear end Creed Too and rear end Creed Bro, I'm actually pretty excited to replay rear end Creed Revelations! At the time I thought it was a cashgrab filler game and added too much extraneous mechanics (the tower defense most noticeably), and I'm curious to see how it held p - 2 and Brotherhood still are both very good, with 2's gameplay getting slightly more dated without the combo system Bro starts to add. I only played Rev once compared to the half dozen times I had played the other two together; I bet I think fonder of Rev now with what happened with AC3 onward (as well as remembering nothing at all about it).

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

https://twitter.com/ACWorldBlog/status/1233119402268282880

Ziggy Stardust can finally meet K.K. Slider

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I can't wait to meet all the Jokers and blackface in the wild.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope that Rune Factory 4S doesn't do what the original does and have the third story arc locked behind random chance. It's dumb for any game to gate its progression behind random chance and that has easily killed off my interest in completing certain games since I inevitably am stuck grinding or waiting or savescumming until the correct trigger happens.

From what I've seen that was changed so that as soon as you meet the requirements that event will be the next one that triggers, rather than waiting endlessly to move on with the story.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

professor metis posted:

From what I've seen that was changed so that as soon as you meet the requirements that event will be the next one that triggers, rather than waiting endlessly to move on with the story.

Oh thank goodness.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

You know, in retrospect the weirdest thing about the modern day plots in the earlier ACs is how there's a climax for the game, and for the modern plot, but it forgets to go back and wrap up the plot you spent twenty hours in. Ezio stabs or punches the bad man and that's it, because in the context of the game it doesn't matter and happened centuries ago. You just sort of do follow up things then stop.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Does that happen after the third house upgrade?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

From all the fandom I would not have guessed Isabelle was such a recent addition to the series

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

From all the fandom I would not have guessed Isabelle was such a recent addition to the series

its the only game we've had for the last 8 years everyones become good friends with her

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

she makes a strong impression because you spend a lot of time with her, she's a glorified Menu Dog.

real crossers stan the able sisters tho

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Isabelle X Doomguy is the most wholesome meme for a while:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ja7W9Yjm8

homeless snail posted:

real crossers stan Mr. Resetti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze5MPltFz34

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Crosser" is a good fan name

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also lol I keep accidentally going to the February chat thread, I should probably unbookmark it, I posted this there

--

Oh hey, Harmonix is making a new game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udxnpK5W0ws

It looks like they went with my suggestion of "Dropmix looks cool but I'm not gonna buy cards and play on my phone"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/Atrio_N7/status/1234308681640169474

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Mr. Resetti traumatized me as a child. I was in tears thinking he was really going to delete all my stuff. He's the real villain of Animal Crossing.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
maybe you should have stopped resetting without saving

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

everyone that encounters resetti deserves what they get

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I heard about Resetti and just reset so I can mess with funny mole man. Only time he ever really startled me was the one event where you get to walk around for a bit and he doesn't just jump out right away. Once he started cycling I stopped and never reset again.

I guess I just never got the point of resetting in the first place- it's not like you could cycle items in and out of shops or anything. I just treated it like a easter egg.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

With online auto-saves there’s no point in Resetti. Some say this is an example of automation’s job killing death march but really it’s the mole being free of hate and abuse.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

al-azad posted:

With online auto-saves there’s no point in Resetti. Some say this is an example of automation’s job killing death march but really it’s the mole being free of hate and abuse.

resetti is now in charge of the feature that lets you "reset" your position if you get stuck somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

My avatar is relevant this month!