Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

my credit is almost perfect again I can’t wait for poo poo to crash so I can buy a house for cheap

i am 3 years out from a full on foreclosure because my homeowner's insurance company hosed me (confirmed by a class action lawsuit), you will be in prime position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Filthy Hans posted:

I had a nervous breakdown after losing my job last year and ended up in five-figure debt and had to move home with the folks. I was finally starting to earnestly search for a new job and the roni hit. I had trained and got certified as an apprentice electrician and then worked industrial maintenance at a pharma-supplying rubber factory. I was hoping to get an apprentice position and put in my 3 years to get a journeyman card and then I'd be able to basically get work anywhere I want. Now I can't do any work like that because my parents are 77 and my mom has the beetus so if I bring it home she'll likely die. So the only work I can possibly do is online and I'm competing there with literally millions of people who have the necessary skills and experience that I don't have. I have no options for moving out because none of my friends or relatives have space for me. I've resigned myself to another 6-18 months of stagnation.

People still need poo poo fixed in a pandemic. Keep looking for apprentice positions in your area.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

my credit is almost perfect again I can’t wait for poo poo to crash so I can buy a house for cheap

im still in debt and for a hot minute was debating paying things off in case of mass debt forgiveness

lol

lmaoooo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
an oak tree fell through my kitchen and it cost $10,000 to try to repair it and even then things weren't back to normal. Farmer's Insurance sent me a check for $3k and got owned by a class action lawsuit over that storm, and to make me whole i was sent a check for forty seven dollars

riot now

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Filthy Hans posted:

I had a nervous breakdown after losing my job last year and ended up in five-figure debt and had to move home with the folks. I was finally starting to earnestly search for a new job and the roni hit. I had trained and got certified as an apprentice electrician and then worked industrial maintenance at a pharma-supplying rubber factory. I was hoping to get an apprentice position and put in my 3 years to get a journeyman card and then I'd be able to basically get work anywhere I want. Now I can't do any work like that because my parents are 77 and my mom has the beetus so if I bring it home she'll likely die. So the only work I can possibly do is online and I'm competing there with literally millions of people who have the necessary skills and experience that I don't have. I have no options for moving out because none of my friends or relatives have space for me. I've resigned myself to another 6-18 months of stagnation.

Time to read a book and listen to podcast while you clean the house for your folks. Also fix all the sockets imo.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Not a Children posted:

People still need poo poo fixed in a pandemic. Keep looking for apprentice positions in your area.

I can't take any positions like that because the risk of infecting and killing my mom do to roni exposure at work is far too great

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Durf posted:

im still in debt and for a hot minute was debating paying things off in case of mass debt forgiveness

lol

lmaoooo

ive been paying school loans since 2008 and I’m projected to finish paying them next year lmao

I don’t wish this poo poo on any one.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

how dare you

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

the ultra rich are going to be cold with 5.56 mm diameter holes in their head, if we do this right, in a minecraft imaginary simulation this post is not real at all

5.56 bullet is actually more like a 22mm hole

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/spindlypete/status/1245145040663400451?s=21

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER

Plinkey posted:

jesus christ dude

my life is Very Not Good

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

how dare you

me, hard at work (thank you!) in the jess office (which we don't have due to covid-19 making it moot)

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Plinkey posted:

smdh that Cali caved to the NRA and declared gun stores to be essential services that can stay open

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/dominicknero/status/1245040288818769921

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nichael posted:

me, hard at work (thank you!) in the jess office (which we don't have due to covid-19 making it moot)

you're doing god's work but that's no excuse for posting that triggering filth

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/traptofficial/status/1245122812181975042?s=21

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Nichael posted:

that's my friend. his name actually is Michael, but he got a lot of responses back saying "Hi Nichael!"

if you donated to the D&D or C-SPAM forms, you got a text from me.

Oh yeah that happened to me yesterday haha

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

sure hope these are aftershocks and not, you know, a giant gurgling magma chamber about to disappear a mountain range

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I liked the last time Chris interviewed his brother on the show and Andrew basically told him to go get his shine box

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

you're doing god's work but that's no excuse for posting that triggering filth

you have to take a clinton gif after i give you premium "through all the juice out" content from my personal texts

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Plinkey posted:

lmao loving :owned:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

my life is Very Not Good

i sent you a pm or two check them

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

BeefThief posted:

Oh yeah that happened to me yesterday haha

you have to donate to the cspam form to get the cool texts tailored just to cspam btw

we are only $280 away from having raised $10,000 in 48 hours

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

the 3 circles should be suck and the 3 things should be the middle

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nichael posted:

you have to take a clinton gif after i give you premium "through all the juice out" content from my personal texts

don't make me post something nice about Tom Carpet

I'll do it, I swear

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

less than a half hour left of this hell month

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

triple sulk posted:

new hell month, worse than the old hell month

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Nichael posted:

you have to donate to the cspam form to get the cool texts tailored just to cspam btw

we are only $280 away from having raised $10,000 in 48 hours

aight I'll give some more money

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

triple sulk posted:

it's end of quarter in 28 minutes and jess wants to reach the arbitrary value of $10k in 48 hours so we can brag about it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

my last four months have gone like this: my great aunt died, my girlfriend died, several friends caught the roni, half my office got laid off

my dad just called me and told me he's "got a cold" and he's been working in fuckin' south brooklyn rec centers as he's an out of work teacher.

he is 60 and smokes :smithicide:

You are becoming the living realization of the "first time?" meme guy

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/coosphoto

if this donate form gets to 5k, the jess team will reenact this:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

you know what, Nichael? You asked for this.

"It really says a lot about Tom Carper's personal growth that he hasn't been caught beating his wife in the last 40 years"

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
here's to April

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
April is going to SUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKK

my loving balls dipped in clarified butter

prove me wrong

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Plinkey posted:

April is going to SUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKK

my loving balls dipped in clarified butter

prove me wrong

April could be the month that you finally hang some decor on your walls

but it won't be

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

lmao

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy Hans posted:

April could be the month that you finally hang some decor on your walls

but it won't be

fine binch, i'll decorate

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
lentils fuckin whip rear end fyi. in case you forgot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Plinkey posted:

fine binch, i'll decorate

here's an easy idea

https://i.imgur.com/jM8VezN.mp4

bing bang boom it takes like 5 seconds and all your favorites will be close at hand