Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Inspector Hound posted:

That seems higher than 2%

2% is the average across all ages. It's like 8-15% for people over 70

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

I feel like Bush would have done a better job since this will kill Dick Cheney

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Nodelphi posted:

The only reason it’s at 40 is because we haven’t gotten enough tests and anything that’s not confirmed is being classified as pneumonia or respiratory failure.

The CDC tracks flu-like pneumonia cases per week and the average hasen't gone haywire yet

This is according to that dude on Twitter mapping the Washington outbreak genome. He also pointed out Ohio's claim of 100,000 (the 1% already thing) cases makes no sense since thered be 25,000 cases 2 weeks ago w 200 deaths and something like 600 hospitalizations

That said it could be possible the Boomer flu coming in at the end of the flu season could mask it and not look like an anomaly just yet.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

He thinks the Democrats spun his words and this time his direct unfiltered wisdom will fix the markets

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Vim Fuego posted:

hold on, did Elizabeth Warren have a plan for pandemics?

I think so far it's just to suspend student loan payments and forgive 10k of them while we're talking about it I guess. Also suspend mortgages and a few other big monthly bills

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

how is trade going to work when everyone has a ban on travel to/from the US because we're turbo Italy

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

VectorSigma posted:

trump has so far done 34.3% of a 9/11

trump has done 250 benghazis

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

did that lean forward towards my screen like when you get to the hard part in a video game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

I think the IHME predictive model that Trump seems to be putting all his chips on is based off what would happen if every state locked down to near wuhan levels? My state is already 1-2 days ahead on deaths