Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Those hotdogs are the truth for $1.50.

You used to be able to buy them without a Costco membership before they instituted their Corona Control measures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

US Berder Patrol posted:

Senator Sanders is going to dominate Super Tuesday buckle the gently caress up libtards

Don't use words that end with "-tard," particularly in this context.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Kinda hope there are loose fitting leotards out there that call themselves "Liberal Leotards" because I'm an idiot.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Kinda hope there are loose fitting leotards out there that call themselves "Liberal Leotards" because I'm an idiot.

Edit: I'm tired, nevermind.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

McNally posted:

Don't use words that end with "-tard," particularly in this context.

Okay

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Rhode Island caught a Cov19.

Class is gonna be fun on Tuesday.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Fallom posted:

Our pullout and offering of the Kurds on a platter on top of the administration’s public support for the Turks wasn’t exactly opposition.

I guess you could be generous and just say we left the door open on our way out.

Jesus Christ that was like 20 years a...oh. gently caress.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Also it’s not quite “backing” but carving up air and land space with Turkey and having some form of intelligence sharing, arms sales, and deconfliction sure helps lore than hurts.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Hand sanitizer was sold out at the local Wegmans but isopropyl alcohol wasn't (yet). They were starting to run low on some of the generic meds so I made sure to stock up on those.

Funniest thing was all the chicken noodle soup being sold out but plenty of the other soups on the shelves.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Nothing else can cure disease like it!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Mayor Pete is dropping out

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1234254276546793472?s=20 :siren:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/cmarinucci/status/1234252611546570752

:yeshaha:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1234226170591399939

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aCfUenENhk

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Dangit we need more moderates staying around to split the Biden vote.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hey GD_American, this related to your situation?

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1234235702889500672?s=19

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1234256210817376256?s=20

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Wow did not expect the centrist-elemental to dip out so early. Figured he'd wait for a whoopin' on super Tuesday.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Klobuchar outlasting the Butt is probably the funniest thing to come out of this election.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Dangit we need more moderates staying around to split the Biden vote.

Yeah, Bernie needs Biden and Bloomberg to stay under the 15% viability threshold in as many states as possible to maximize his delegate count. As backwards as it sounds, Butt dropping out really hurts him more than it helps. (And a part of me wonders if that's part of the reason why Butt decided to drop).

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

Wow did not expect the centrist-elemental to dip out so early. Figured he'd wait for a whoopin' on super Tuesday.

Easy for him to take some job on MSNBC (like such Democratic loses as Clare McCaskill and Joe loving Donnelly) and talk about how President Bernie is breaking the party as the hosts nod along

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I don't normally truck in conspiratorial thinking but if you told me Biden or Bloomberg promised Butt a cabinet seat or some other high-profile position in return for dropping out early, I'd probably believe you. No way Butt would be satisfied with a mere cable news job, dude has some pretty naked ambition.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'd like to mention that I've got TWO bottles of bleach now motherfuckers (because I went to the store a week ago and through sheer coincidence bought bleach, hand sanitizer and toilet paper). I bought another one today though to have something to barter with when the trade caravans come by.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
drat, actually shocked that Mayo Pete dropped out before Super Tuesday.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Alaan posted:

Nothing else can cure disease like it!

Can you buy futures on specific soups

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Klobuchar outlasting the Butt is probably the funniest thing to come out of this election.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Oh and I also wanted to mention that I walked past an older guy talking to a younger guy and telling him that when he gets sick he straps onions to his feet with socks overnight and it cures him

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 2, 2020

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

sharknado slashfic posted:

Oh I also forgot to mention that I walked past and older guy talking to a younger guy and telling him that when he gets sick he straps onions to his feet with socks overnight and it cures him

That old guy hangs out on Mommy Facebook groups.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I don't normally truck in conspiratorial thinking but if you told me Biden or Bloomberg promised Butt a cabinet seat or some other high-profile position in return for dropping out early, I'd probably believe you. No way Butt would be satisfied with a mere cable news job, dude has some pretty naked ambition.

Here's the latest status on that:

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1234269283888369664

So, sorta!

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Yeah explicit or otherwise this is definitely Pete reading the writing on the wall and trying to trade in his run for getting into the good graces of the Party Establishment by clearing the field for Biden. Even if it's not a spot in a Biden administration he'll probably be able to use this to angle for some spot in the DNC down the road. He'll do pretty much anything to leave Indiana forever.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Terrifying Effigies posted:

He'll do pretty much anything to leave Indiana forever.

So will pretty much anyone else.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I would believe that the DNC told Pete to drop out before Tuesday in exchange for a cabinet position to help everyone that isn't Bernie.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

To be fair, can you really blame him?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JQbrIjP70w

Please don't attempt to absolve pete of any wrongdoing

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
100% he was made an offer he couldn't refuse, like VP on everybody that isn't Bernie's ticket should they win.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Acebuckeye13 posted:

https://twitter.com/KyungLahCNN/status/1234266851301109760

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Pete will get sec state in the Biden cabinet and do an unfathomably bad job of it, war crimes and all, before running against Biden in the 2024 primary, and becoming the front runner in 2028 on a platform of 'Its My Turn Now'.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Lol if you think there will be elections 2024 if Trump wins november

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Don Dongington posted:

Pete will get sec state in the Biden cabinet and do an unfathomably bad job of it, war crimes and all, before running against Biden in the 2024 primary, and becoming the front runner in 2028 on a platform of 'Its My Turn Now'.

Nah, he needs to go home to the Company and become the Deputy Director (Intelligence).

Then he can serve as a door gunner on a transport chopper while trying to extract a paramilitary team from Columbia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lol if you think there will be elections 2024 if Trump wins november

It's pretty clear that Biden won in this particular variation of hellworld future.

Which is why it will probably never come to pass