Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mlmp08 posted:

I think there really is a very good chance that Biden would outperform Bernie in the GE, but saying "Biden has the lead in a state that democrats will absolutely not win in 2020," is such a pointlessly stupid statement.

If Bernie does not win the Democratic primary he won't beat Trump because he won't be the Democratic nominee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pryor on Fire posted:

They might as well have run Chelsea Clinton. Biden's campaign slogan is going to be "it's her turn", regardless of who the VP is. They are just rerunning the exact same 2016 strategy, it will probably be the exact same outcome.

I'm certainly never voting again. What a loving waste of time.

Bernie Bro here. You deserve more Trump.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mlmp08 posted:

Congrats, this is why John Kerry was the best possible nominee, and literally no one on Earth could have been performed better because of how time works.

Hey, why did the goalpost move on its own? Oh, wait...

Seriously, this isn't a lateral thinking trick question. If Bernie doesn't win the primary he doesn't beat Trump because that means he isn't a candidate. You can't win an election you're not a candidate for barring weird edge cases with no relevance.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 7, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Modest proposal: anyone who says "I'm never voting again" or words to that effect get their homes handed over to Trump so he's their landlord forever.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blind Rasputin posted:

Serious question. Would you all vote for a Biden warren ticket?

Asking for a friend.

Yes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

When you were first modded I asked you to probate me and you ignored it. IMO that makes you a stinky mod who stuffs poop into his ears and I won't rest until I have your name on my compendious rapsheet.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Daddy/Daughter dance at the Ritz Carlton

:barf:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Man if Biden wins it's gonna break so many brains.

If.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm just Biden my time.

EDIT: god loving dammit

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
How could the voters fail Bernie like this? How could they do this?!?!?!?!

/cspam

It's really early to say this, but if Biden wins in November it's pretty much proof that Hillary was The Worst Thing Ever.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i will not be voting for Joseph R. "Joe" Biden. Namaste.

Cheeto Benito thanks you for your support.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Don't be more stupid

Not even on my stupidest days I could ever hope to match you.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Mar 11, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ragaman posted:

I live in Florida so Biden can suck my dick from the back, but I’ll be voting blue in the down ballots.

I get what you're going for but you should still vote for Biden because asking Ruth Bader Ginsburg to stay alive and on the Supreme Count for another five years is... not a great plan.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fister Roboto posted:

a) There's no guarantee that he wouldn't replace her with a conservative judge. Not saying he definitely will, but there's a lot of ambiguity with Biden being the "we can still work with the right" candidate.
b) Even if he replaced her with the ghost of Karl Marx, the court would still be majority conservative. We need to pack the court to unfuck it, and lol if you think Biden would ever do that.

So you're saying better things aren't possible?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Abongination posted:

The tox for never voting for Biden thread in cspam is up to 22 pages

Christ what a bunch of crunchy nutters.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Internet Wizard posted:

The “petulant hissy fit” of... hating an incoherent centrist who won’t commit to improving anything

I just don’t understand why nobody under 40 is voting guys

What are you even trying to say here? We just had a bunch of primaries where the under 40s could've come out in droves to vote for an honest goddamned progressive... and it mostly didn't happen.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Old Boot posted:

In fairness, some of this is accessibility. If you can't take time off work, you can't, and that's the end of it. Same, re: not being able to find a ride to your way-the-gently caress-far-away polling places, which was/is a huge obstacle atm.

Oh, absolutely. I'm not saying anything against people who wanted to vote but couldn't for whatever reason because that happened to me once (my name was entered wrong in the voter registry and I didn't find out until afterwards).

Woofer posted:

Stop having elections on a goddamn Tuesday.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Just give everyone mail-in ballots. poo poo works great in Colorado.

Yes to both of these.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Internet Wizard posted:

It’s Bamforth this semester, but otherwise yes. It’s making me want to shift my focus to field archaeology over ethnography

That was my major when I started college. One dig site later I switched to history because it turns out I didn't enjoy it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dunno why, but this is the news item that made me admit that we're probably hosed.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

much as I like this it has stdh written all over it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Stultus Maximus posted:

I definitely can see my kids saying this.

I believe you, but I just don't see it happening at a random middle school where a random Verified Twitter Person's relative could hear.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bloops posted:

I’ve got a trip to Utah in a week. Debating on cancelling. Any of you shifted travel plans?

I was planning on going to the Society for Military History annual conference in DC next month.

Was.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Buttcoin purse posted:

This guy in the story linked upthread (which I guess you found while I was typing this):

SAclopedia entry: https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2299

Podcast: https://soundcloud.com/user-798629330/episode-93-kevin-patrick-dawes
I take exception to them calling out Vincent Van Goatse for having a good account name in the podcast, wasn't he called something like ALL-PRO SEXMAN back then? This is a historical inaccuracy!

I was Vincent Van Goatse back then too. ALL-PRO SEXMAN was from a namechange thread in 2013 or so, way after Caro's Libyan Adventure.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shame on an IGA posted:

lmao holy poo poo guys if you're worried about the direction of the democratic party make sure you go to your precinct realignment and county meetings

I just got a seat on the state executive committee for being the only county convention attendee under 70

But then I'd have to take responsibility for something instead of incessantly shrieking about how Biden = Trump in C-SPAM with my deranged friends

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Suicide Watch posted:

What's gonna happen to those "get Trump out" voters if he succumbs to the plague? Are we still gonna get Biden vs Pence? :lol:

Look at this stupid post.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm seriously not believing that Sucker Punch is a good movie. Saying that just feels like goonspeak.

The opposite reading is true! The opposite reading is true! I've been to college!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If it means I can change planes somewhere other than Houston or O'Hare, I'm all for it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
NUMBER GO DOWN! NUMBER GO DOWN!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I ducked over to the grocery store and it got hit hard by panic buyers. A fun thing to do is see what people didn't buy out: tofu and various fake meats, salad dressing, kosher foods (there was an intact shelf full of gefilte fish and matzos), alcohol, pre-packaged deli meats and cheeses, chocolate milk, and Hot Pockets were the ones I noticed.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:what:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blind Rasputin posted:

Speaking of Caro, there’s someone in the USPOL Coronavirus thread that keeps posting these super long posts and they sound ALOT like Caro. I’m not saying I know enough to say.. but with the recent discussion about him in this thread I can’t help but wonder.

I mean this most recent post is sure something.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3915397&perpage=40&pagenumber=157#post503369715

That's not Caro, that's just some dude who got his brain broken by C-SPAM.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Flikken posted:

Y'all are missing the biggest news of today.

Tom Brady is not coming back to the Patriots.

This is the greatest birthday news I've ever gotten.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zamujasa posted:

not having the presidency didn't stop the republicans repeatedly putting out votes to repeal the ACA even if they didn't pass

so it should be with the dems. the argument should be "trumps stimulus isnt enough and we need more social safety poo poo" and not "well, how can we water this down to total loving uselessness (which still won't pass)". get out there and at least look like you're fuckin tryin, Ds

OK dude who literally toxxed he'd assist Trump's reelection.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zamujasa posted:

i'm voting for the presidential candidate who most aligns with my values in november, and neither joe nor trump will be that person

"vote blue no matter who" :jerkbag:

And because we have FPTP elections, that means you're effectively voting for Trump.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Twitter is a toilet and this image is stupid as poo poo. Use your own drat words and have an original thought for once.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

smertrioslol posted:

Today I found out my job is not only failing to help out the wage slaves, but also plans on laying people off and making them pay for their health care completely out of pocket if the state government shuts down our ability to keep working.

I shouldn’t be surprised but it still sucks. We have a couple at risk guys who are probably going to die because of this. Edit: or be in massive medical debt if they have to go to a hospital

Name and shame.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SimonCat posted:

I'm so glad that Biden turned out all those votes in states whose Electoral Votes are going to Trump this fall anyway.

So black voters in the South don't matter in your eyes. Cool cool cool.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

A Bad Poster posted:

Gonna feel good writing Bernie in as Trump waltzes into a second term.

drat good username/post combination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pantslesswithwolves posted:

You’re... doing a heckuva job, Mikey?

Special advisor Kenneth Pinyan.