Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

One thing to note: the payback only occurs if your 2020 salary is above the limit specifically. If you’re still making 6 figgies this year, you’re likely ok through this.

Airlines make slightly more than 6 figgies a year, will they have to pay everything back next April 15th?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

I probably shouldn't think about it, but I'm confused if the GOP and MAGA people either understand how serious this virus is and don't care, don't understand and don't care, genuinely believe that if the market goes up and they benefit that's what is good for America or a combo of them all. Just confusing and upsetting.

Yes

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I'm fairly certain a woman at work has a false negative result. She was going through "the worst flu of her entire life combined with whooping cough" and had to go to the ER, but was somehow negative. Now we have at least four units on base who have been ordered back to work and are back to normal flight ops, despite 7 confirmed cases on base as of last Friday. Lotta people are gonna die in a week or two.

That could absolutely "just" be influenza. Regular ole influenza can kill people in the same ways CoViD-19 does.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I think/hope that "...that I've had in my life" in this instance is meant to parsed as "...that have existed in my life" as in, "I had a birthday"

I also did approximately a quadruple take between ways to interpret that sentence.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Old Boot posted:

Fact of the matter is, for a lot of women of reproductive age, Dems are pretty much their only hope for autonomy, when it comes right down to it. If that means you have to hold your nose and vote for a rapist-- well, it won't be the first time you've had to throw your support behind someone you know is goddamn awful. Nearly every man in your life has said or done something questionable, and most of them have stood up for a friend that did something really loving bad before finally admitting that oh, maybe that was stupid. 'What's the sliding scale here?' is a question you have to ask yourself before moving forward, either personally, professionally, or politically, because it's all coming down to poo poo one way or another, and unless you feel like living as a hermit, you're going to have to make compromises eventually.

It cannot be emphasized enough that Biden is anti abortion. There is literally no reason to vote for him.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Old Boot posted:

Even he's not dumb enough to throw out Roe v. Wade.

This is problematic because the dog whistle conservative judges use is that they "respect the precedent" of Roe v. Wade. Hes also campaigned for anti abortion candidates like Republican house member Fred Upton.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fine, substitute “anti choice” just don’t use pro life.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I suspect it has to do with how web crawlers operate.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Uhh we have plenty of CHURCHES. Don't forget to tithe!

On this forum we only have CHVRCHES

ok it’s a CSPAM joke but STILL

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

If I was a medical worker, and I was not being provided the proper PPE for work, I wouldn't show up. Can't help more people if you're out sick or dead.

Based on some interviews I've been hearing from people that work in ERs it sounds like if that was your standard then you wouldn't be a medical worker in the US.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Eej posted:

The doctors and nurses being banned from wearing masks thing has been talked about but here's even more!

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1245078449225687040?s=19

Hospital admins aren’t going to care unless the joint commission comes down on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

"Attempted forums coup"?

CIA can't even coup a forums anymore, smdh