Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

The general working theory is that, as a weird virus we haven't seen before, active immune systems can fight it off better. Most diseases take out the young and elderly, but the young are generally disease-infected petri dishes to begin with. So, it's only lethal to the olds with their tired immune systems, or the immunocompromised.

Oh no the trump demographic what a terrible loss to this country

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
When you can grind Benjamins into a paste and inject it into your bloodstream I think you’ll be fine regardless of age.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I enjoy South Park, I really do, but this isn't a good comparison. Unless you're literally Zuckerberg and can go to your own hospital, but that's about it. And that's not going to help a lot of the old timers out there with underlying conditions.

Russian roulette was a good comparison for the olds.

Today I join the ranks of people beaten to a joke by what I can only imagine is years by South Park

I should probably start watching it again

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Internet Wizard posted:

Don’t get enough “both sides are wrong the truth is in the middle” in your media already?

Next you’re going to tell me I shouldn’t enjoy It’s Always Sunny too, right?

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Got plenty of arrows to procure long pig if needed.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Good dog

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

EBB posted:

I'm not gonna cheer for the olds in general to die, but I am gonna cheer for the stupid/greedy people responsible for making this worse dying of illness.

I’m cheering for both :toot:

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Today I found out my job is not only failing to help out the wage slaves, but also plans on laying people off and making them pay for their health care completely out of pocket if the state government shuts down our ability to keep working.

I shouldn’t be surprised but it still sucks. We have a couple at risk guys who are probably going to die because of this. Edit: or be in massive medical debt if they have to go to a hospital

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm confused, weren't you our resident North Dakota snowmilgoon?

Sorry if I'm confusing you with someone else

I was for 5.5 years! Went to Korea and got out at JBLM about two years ago now.

Some more details that have come out over the last few hours: I work for Davey Tree, which is a huge company, second only to asplundh for tree stuff. They’re planning on giving us extra PTO (10 days) on a case by case basis if the government forces us to close a branch. Which is cool and probably better than some other people’s situation. But no one is calling to have their trees pruned right now. So if we run out of work (estimated to be middle of next week), they are going to lay people off if they don’t burn all their PTO (not getting any of the sickness related PTO if this happens) and presumably lay you off after it runs out. I’ve been here two years, and have 5 total days PTO. If we get laid off, we have to pay our insurance out of pocket, and being single with the most basic possible plan, that turns out to be 50% of my projected unemployment checks from Pennsylvania. I should be fine, because I have family that still likes me, but most of the misfits I work with have zero backup plans and might end up uninsured or unable to pay their mortgages until work starts up again. Which seems bad with the pandemic.

So right now I’m basically praying for the governor to flip the switch to “you can’t legally work,” else everyone here is hosed. Oh and our salaried sales/management guys don’t seem to give a gently caress cause they’re getting paid regardless.

Fake edit: this might be the thing that finally makes me start taking classes again like I probably should have been from the minute I got out though, so silver lining

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
I just lost an aunt to this poo poo and I had just last night looked at the timeline of hate mango denying this all and failing any sort of containment until it couldn’t be ignored and it strikes me that her death was very preventable. gently caress this dark timeline forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Oh yes this is horrendous news. From experience working at Kunsan, that place will collapse without the Korean nationals there for continuity. I worked at the fuels flight there and it will be completely hosed without the Koreans.