Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I’d vote for that ticket. I don’t have the luxury not to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Prudential Building in downtown Chicago had either a full or partial evacuation due to someone testing positive for Corona.

I feel like we are mere days away before my company announces full wfh

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Agency already conducted nation-wide VPN testing and other IT networking stuff to ensure they can support thousands of people working remotely. I heard that someone in the NYC office was tested as they’re family member popped for corona. No word on that.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Feel better Mr Nice.

I woke up with a terrible headache today. Congested too but likely allergies.

If not well I will shitpost with you all from the other side.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Whole Foods in Lincoln Park, Chicago had a massive line. Most everything pre-packaged was picked over. Even meat was running low.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I’ve got a trip to Utah in a week. Debating on cancelling. Any of you shifted travel plans?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Cancelled my trip to NOLA

drat. I could get my flight refunded in full but my Airbnb would be a big loss. Emailed the host to see if there’s wiggle room considering the state of things.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Trump potentially getting Coronavirus is a beautiful twist.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ASAPI posted:

So, a friend in DC is saying that there will be an announcement this evening with Trump mandating that all non grocery and/or pharmacies close for two weeks.

I'm calling bullshit as it would totally wreck the stock market along with the super panic it will cause.

So whats the over/under on him being right?

I'm sure there are a lot of bullshit statements being floated around DC.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ASAPI posted:

So this is coming allegedly from someone in the State Dept. It's second hand though. Still not sure if they are dumb enough to do this...

Dont know if it's a dumb move in the pure interest of minimizing the spread of the disease.

Now if this includes airports then...well that's gonna be loving insane.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Watched Contagion last night. Worth the anxiety for Gwenyth Paltrow eating poo poo.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Company had an all hands meeting where they announced a rotating schedule of employees to work in the office one day and WFH the other. This is promptly met with a very loud "YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT OF A CONTAGIOUS VIRUS" and then leadership changed it to WFH indefinitely for those who want it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ah yes the perfect system where instead of overwhelmed hospitals, patients who can’t even begin to seek treatment die elsewhere.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Dying within 24 hours of catching it puts coronavirus on the level of whatever fictional strain Contagion depicted

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Flying through O’Hare next week. Good times ahead.

I had to pop into River North yesterday. The number of people out for St Patty’s day was absurd.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ullerrm posted:

FWIW, I flew through DFW (where at least one of the viral pics came from) for a domestic connection yesterday, and it was a goddamned ghost town in the A/C terminals. Only the international terminal was a petri dish.

I'm genuinely curious to see how empty my flights are next week. I did reach out to my Airbnb host in Moab. He said it's a deserted (heh) there at the moment, so It'll be actually kind of loving nice to have Canyonlands/Arches all to myself.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

lightpole posted:

I'm surprised you think flights will still be an option next week. Why are you assuming the US reaction is going to be different than Italy/France/Spain or that our results are going to be any better? Italy let the impending quarantine of the north leak, allowing people to leave before implementation and exacerbating the spread. That could easily happen in the US.

Honestly, I wish they would close airports so that way I can stay home and recoup my money. As it is, I either go and WFH after coming back, or I take a loss of about 1K.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
My work’s great solution was to tell people either work 7 am to 3 PM or 11 AM to 7 PM.

Lol

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Well. Airports have to be next.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Texted a nurse friend of mine in Seattle. She confirmed the hospitals are “very bad”

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
As a heads up, Airbnb is now allowing essentially anyone to fully cancel reservations without penalty -- full refunds.

I was able to back out of my trip thanks to this, so something to explore if you were on the fence like me.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

LingcodKilla posted:

I knew he was going to be in the running for worst president ever but I didn’t think it was gonna be bungling a pandemic and tanking the feel good number.

Putin must be so proud of him.

None of this is surprising to me. It's just his bad loving luck that he has to deal with it and also ours that he's the president.

Watch him still be re-elected.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm just being extremely pessimistic about it. There will be mass layoffs and many people on either side politically suffering as a result. It's very unfortunate.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I ducked over to the grocery store and it got hit hard by panic buyers. A fun thing to do is see what people didn't buy out: tofu and various fake meats, salad dressing, kosher foods (there was an intact shelf full of gefilte fish and matzos), alcohol, pre-packaged deli meats and cheeses, chocolate milk, and Hot Pockets were the ones I noticed.

One would think those buying Hot Pockets would absolutely need to hoard toilet paper.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The boxes of lasagne noodles left on shelves kill me. Like that is still pasta. Cut it up in pieces after cooking you morons.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

LingcodKilla posted:

What the gently caress is with him not lying when he should and constantly lying when he doesn’t need to?

He can't be wrong or take responsibility. It's literally Trump's defining trait.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Trump is a non-gradient thinker.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Immanentized posted:

He's talking about mayyybbbee postponing the election. This is is, strap in!

He cannot. Congress sets the date.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
loving let those dorks lick floors

In other news, the US company president said he worked through 9/11, the recession and now this. He believes the corona virus to be worse than 9/11, which is incorrect.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i keep a themometer in my pocket now

Everyone knows the best method for temperature-taking is the Mom technique:

•Apply back of hand directly to forehead

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/RoKhanna/status/1240002900971212802

Now we're cooking with gas. Don't start from that bullshit compromised $500 position; start from a good number that would help people and then negotiate with the blood suckers

HELL loving YEA BYE CREDIT CARD DEBT

(this will never happen)

alternatively, every american who made over 14 million dollars will get an additional 1 million.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

lightpole posted:

I am currently allowed to buy weed. I am currently not allowed to go out and get a haircut.

What’s the problem

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Here’s what’s going to happen if we get federal handout money:

people will put it towards debt
People will put it in savings

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Here’s my cat moo

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

This would help me greatly.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Cool, my student loan debt will go from $200k to $190k. :toot:

the gently caress did you go to school for

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Wingnut Ninja posted:

So on a training flight today (because of course we're still flying), we got to talking about what you would spend your government issued stimulus check on if they actually implement that plan. Since we already get government issued salaries regardless of whether we get shut down, what's a good place to donate that money to in order to help people who actually need it? I was planning on the local food bank but I'm open to other ideas.

Food bank, animal shelters. I've given a decent amount of money over to a few cat rescue orgs in Chicago that are at risk of going permanently under due to not collecting visitor fees.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Citrix Receiver loving blows

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Video out of an Italian hospital

It’s genuinely unpleasant

https://vimeo.com/398334975

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU