Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The thing that is starting to worry me the most is that Biden is quite clearly suffering from dementia. He's having trouble formulating thoughts and he's mashing up words.

I don't think it's going to be an issue in Presidential debates, should Biden make it to that point, because I think there's a 0% chance Trump will debate-- he is suffering from dementia also (possibly made worse by decades of stimulant abuse), and I think he is having trouble standing for long periods of time.

But Biden would commit plenty of gaffes on the campaign trail that would be played on loop by Fox News and the Trump campaign.

Bernie is the only one left who still has his wits about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Old Boot posted:

Not that I mind dunking on Trump, but is there any actual substance to the stimulant thing? Because last I checked the guy has been a Noted Teetotaler, even by people who both know and absolutely loathe him.

It is a fact that his eyes are consistently dilated in the face of bright lights, and I think anyone who saw the speech he gave after Iran launched missiles at the base could see that he was hosed up out of his skull, but the stimulant abuse thing is all basically opinion and hearsay.

I know... it's twitter, but this guy worked on The Apprentice for years, and every single day for years he's told stories about Trump. Just glance down his timeline. Some of the main themes are crushing and snorting adderall, and total lack of control over his bowels due to long-term stimulant abuse:
https://twitter.com/CaslerNoel?s=20

A (real) doctor, who I can't remember if he's addressed the pupils dilation and other indicators, but he addresses a lot of other things I wish more people would read about :
https://twitter.com/JohnMTalmadgeMD?s=20

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

If the outlook in the general election doesn't bode well for Trump, they will absolutely seize on any possible thing to postpone the election, and coronavirus could be the perfect opportunity.

If you think otherwise, you have not been paying attention to the Republican party. They are making great show of the idea that they can do anything they want to do.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

That is not exactly what he said:

https://twitter.com/7leaguebootdisk/status/1237236834645602304?s=20

I'll leave you to decide if what he actually said was better, or worse!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

God dammit, I'm sorry but I'm getting loving sick of this line of argument, A) because he won't and B) because he wouldn't.

For gently caress's sake, Trump won in 2016 in large part because he was a cipher people could project himself on. Since he didn't have a record, everything was speculative, and out of all the insane things that came out of his mouth people could latch on to what they liked and ignore the rest as "rhetoric," i.e. "Well, he said he'd built lots of infrastructure, which I like, and I'm sure he didn't really mean he'd ban all muslims." And since he was running against a candidate that not a lot of people were super jazzed about and everybody thought would win, tons of people stayed home or voted third party—ultimately leading to an extremely narrow win that boiled down to less than 1.5% of the vote across three states.

Trump going into 2020 is an extremely weak candidate in many ways, and that's because he has a record. He's got four years of budgets proposing to cut social security and medicare and gut national parks. He's stolen money from the military to build his wall while nearly getting us into war with Iran. He's badly mishandled an ongoing pandemic and the stock market is more volatile than ever. Our highways and bridges are crumbling while corporations spend billions on stock buybacks funded by cut taxes, and the deficit has completely exploded. The previous Republican candidate for President voted to impeach him, and he only remains in office due to Republican senators too scared or corrupt to get rid of him. There are a billion things that he can be attacked on through the election into November, all things he actively did or had done under his watch, all of which can be easily contrasted to the relative stability and security of the Obama administration, of which Joe Biden was a centerpiece. Assuming that Trump is just going to waltz away with the election is loving stupid and ignores literally every goddamn thing that's happened in the past four years, let alone why he won in 2016.

There are a lot of really good points here, and we all should have faith. To these points I would add that also, MeToo happened, and I have a feeling a lot of women have gotten really sick of his poo poo. For every boomer MAGAwoman freak who says Trump can grab their pussy any time, I think there are a whole lot more who are disgusted with him. If women abandon him in large numbers, he's hosed.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Sorry if this was already posted. Video of Tom Cotton on Hannity's show last Friday, talking about how Hunter Biden and China have released this bioengineered pandemic on the world:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUrgDAMiDFc

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

This is our dog Duchess, back when she used to play:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

One thing that really sets Trump apart from everyone else is his total lack of empathy. He is simply not capable of feeling empathy, period. He goes on live TV every single afternoon and proves it, over and over again.

Every day he lies about something he said just a few days before. Then today he straight up admitted that there were people in the government who were pushing to just "ride it out" -- basically do nothing as far as social isolation, let the bodies fall as they may.

He sat up there and talked about his loving ratings, and also implied that hospitals are stealing PPE, perhaps selling them on the black market?!

There is nothing normal about him. He is a sociopath, devoid of empathy, an inveterate liar, a malignant narcissist, and he is dangerous as gently caress. I really wish people who are saying they don't see much difference between Trump and Biden could see this. The man is a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Moscow Mitch, realizing trying to defend the GOP administration's Covid-19 response is a losing battle, now decides to blame the Dem impeachment for the slow response.

So while totally distracted by impeachment, to the point that he couldn't do his job at all, Trump held rallies on:
1/9
1/14
1/28
1/30

He golfed on:
1/18
1/19
2/1

After his acquittal, he held more rallies on:
2/10
2/19
2/20
2/21
2/28

and golfed on:
2/15
3/7
3/8 (the date of the "I'm not worried about it" comment)

It goes without saying that every single rally was a public health hazard that likely infected hundreds of people.

As an aside, it was in February that Burr/Inhofe/Loeffler/Feinstein sold their stocks after a Covid-19 briefing.