Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

BigDave posted:

Just left the Eden Prairie Costco, they sold out of bottled water, antiseptic wipes, and bleach.

THIS IS SUBURBAN TWIN CITIES, WE'RE GONNA BE FINE YOU PANICKY MOTHERFUCKERS

I just left the Costco in northern San Diego county. There were lots of people buying food and standing in line for $1.50 hotdogs that come with a free fountain drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Terrifying Effigies posted:

He'll do pretty much anything to leave Indiana forever.

So will pretty much anyone else.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Everyone should hate pop country, even our invisible monsters.

I give Midland a pass for sounding like 80s/90s honky tonks.

Just listen to Old Outlaw Country forever.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What's with the "write yourself in" angle, by the way. That breaks my brain a bit since I can't make sense of it under a first past the post, winner takes all system.

They can say they voted without actually having to pick a side.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

McNally posted:

If you're going to report a post, please fill in the space that allows you to explain why you're reporting the post.

I'm not supposed to probate posters for dumb reports but goddamn it's tempting.

I reported this post because I know you don't have it in you to give me a 6er.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

McNally posted:

You're right, I don't.

Got me with the Triple Whammy huh?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ive been hearing people say their managers have a deadline of making sure everyone who can wfm is by 3/12 at my work (insurance industry). we have armies of actuaries so hearing a hard date set like that was somewhat forboding

i've worked from home now for 8 years and havent seen my boss face to face since obama was president. im more and more glad for that now.

You need to hop in the discord so we can play fight man games together. You dropped off the face of the planet and I was worried about you.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I believe you, but I just don't see it happening at a random middle school where a random Verified Twitter Person's relative could hear.

I asked my 16 year old son and he said he heard some kids got the term off of reddit but no one at his school was using it seriously.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

We hate poor people and vote against our own self interests when someone tells us a minority might benefit from a social policy more than us.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 13, 2020

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

BurningChrome posted:

I mean a dude I played HOTS w introduced me to this place. I'm still figuring it out. Definitely gonna minimize my time there. It's getting to be a bit daft loving with those particular posters

There are still a lot of great discussions and interesting info on SA. D&D is a loving cesspool though. Find some subforums focused on stuff you are into and follow threads there.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

lol I haven't had a BMI under 25 since I was a kid. While I am certainly not pretending I am skinny anymore, I was under 15% body fat and 205 lbs in my younger days. Even then, I was at a BMI of 27.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

LingcodKilla posted:

It’s lootin time!

I am going to have to take my neighbors food if people don’t stop buying everything in our local grocery stores. So far door dash has kept delivering but I might have to find staples on base if the stores near my house don’t restock soon enough.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

MA-Horus posted:

No no that's only 6 inches

or 3

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Doc Hawkins posted:

an old friend of mine died last night, i just found out. either apnea or a bad interaction with prescriptions and alcohol. he was 37, and one of the best of us.

drat, that sucks. I am sorry about your friend. Me dying in my sleep is one of my wife's biggest fears since I have apnea too.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1240371160078000128?s=19

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

75k in California is lower middle class anywhere near a city.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

ASAPI posted:

That is a little late...

Meanwhile it’s business as usual on the west coast since everyone is “essential” in I MEF. I get to pour through emails giving guidance on how to get cops off your rear end when they try to enforce the shelter in place orders for California.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Milo and POTUS posted:

Haven't lost a game!

Padres were doing great in Spring Training. Looks like we are going to have to use that are their record this year.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

PookBear posted:

if you want me to vote for a rapist then please gargle my poo poo & cum hope this helps

Can you guys please shut the gently caress up with all this nonsense? Holy hell this loving thread has continually gone downhill and each day I keep opening it up thinking we've found the bottom and each day it keeps getting worse.

I have a lot of love in my heart for GIP because most of us are kindred dumb enlisted spirits. loving disagree and bust each others chops but save the hatred for those that really deserve it.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Handsome Ralph posted:

No idea if Navy Fed is being a good guy here or what, but when I worked as a rep for BofA, the standard was the first time you over drafted, you could get the fees refunded so long as you asked for them to be refunded (and I hated it because they loving wouldn't let us do it *unless* someone specifically asked us to). Even if the first person says no, ask to speak with a supervisor. Banks suck but so long as you're not continuously over-drafting your account, they can and will often refund them.

Overdraft fees are loving bullshit to begin with. I always hated the lame rear end excuse they made us give as to why they were a thing to begin with.

Wife works for Navy Fed and they've always been pretty good to her. They bumped up everyone's pay 15 bucks an hour to keep coming in during the Pandemic and setup the branches to keep a minimum number of members coming in at once and those that are there stay separated by six feet.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Crazy Mike posted:

The military also seems like one of the highest probability ways to turn a poor kid into a middle class kid. As much as the army sucks, it sucks slightly less than not being able to afford rent and groceries.

This is my story. I grew up with food scarcity and moving from place to place when we got evicted. Three square meals and a nice place in the burbs with free healthcare and education benefits I gave to my son. Shame about all the lovely stuff I had to do over the years to get these things but it made me want the same benefits for all of the people I see struggling. Sure you might not get to be a billionaire but there is something to be said for living comfortably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

facialimpediment posted:

Not happening. The CARES act (the $2t/$6t bill) authorized the Postal Service to get a loan of $10B from the National Reserve to keep on operating. That will make the USPS operational until Congress comes back and fixes it long-term.

The postal service is a heavy, heavy need for rural communities, as the private shippers don't make much money there (I think). Conservatives yell a lot about the USPS not having a good business model, but they won't let the USPS outright shut down. Nobody else would take up those rural routes.

I went to the Grand Canyon a few years back and saw a postal workers loading donkeys to walk them down the trail to a Native American reservation around the bottom of the canyon. There is no way a business would serve a community like that without jacking prices up so high no one could afford to ship anything to that location.