Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

sharknado slashfic posted:

Oh I also forgot to mention that I walked past and older guy talking to a younger guy and telling him that when he gets sick he straps onions to his feet with socks overnight and it cures him

That old guy hangs out on Mommy Facebook groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Hot Karl Marx posted:

You guys were just talking about Robin Hood so....

https://twitter.com/Davis0036/status/1234605727223832576

Robin Hood is the gift that keeps on giving

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

He did what he had to do. Blew $500 million or more dollars muddying the water and making people tune out entirely due to his ad buys.

It blew my mind that ads actually work. 10%-20% actually voted for him. People in SC actually thought Steyer knew what it meant to be a small town resident. I'm more likely to think the opposite of an ad message is probably the truth. Who is trusting ads? (Olds probably. Answered my own question.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

A Bad Poster posted:

That's a good plan except for the tens of millions of people living from hand to mouth.

I can't fit three months.

Stores were fine except for the toilet paper. Thought that was a joke. It wasn't. People were buying the gently caress out of it

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

It's amazing to see how people are somehow both panicking and not taking the situation seriously.

They are taking it seriously but too dumb to know what that entails. So they do what all management does for serious issues of big importance - Call a fuckin mandatory meeting.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Bored As gently caress posted:

Anybody that's there is an irredeemable piece of poo poo, and deserves to die in a fire. Idiots like this will cause tens of thousands of more infections than would otherwise occur. Some of them will have their parent's or their grandparents deaths on their hands, at the very least.

You can't raise someone in an environment where "gently caress the boomers, they hosed up everything and deserve to die" is the gestalt and then expect them to have sympathy for their plight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

M_Gargantua posted:

The white noise at least lets me know that i'm not the only one desperately angry at the world around me yet feeling an impotent ability to affect change to make peoples lives less terrible.

Last page but goddamn does this describe the feeling fantastically