Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

https://twitter.com/kjv0876/status/1245407052261883906?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

the misspelling only makes it funnier

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
God please keep agholor away from the Ravens. Please!!!! He is not what we need.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

It’s all the used masks from China’s hospitals.

Patriots are always cheating the system.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

So the Browns are going with Brownie the Elf this year for draft caps. Great idea. Way better than that DAWG POUND crap.

... but with blackface? What?

That’s a bold strategy, Cotton.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
so that's just a neon sign you'd find outside a strip club named Brownie's

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

what is he intimating here

Strobe posted:

I couldn't even tell you the names of any of the players on any other team in the Big 12 if they're not pre-season Heisman hype you think I've got time to care about some SEC school we're never going to play?

Meanwhile, Tua has been throwing to three likely first round wide receivers. Yeah it's a lazy argument. But people will always be trying to see both sides and try and figure out what they could be missing about Burrow.

Personally I don't think they're missing much he's just a good, extremely accurate quarterback with incredible mental processing speed and great skills after the play breaks down. He picks up yards on the ground too, he's not a total scrub athletically at all.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They've recruited well, but outside of Beckham and Landry they've had nobody in the past decade that was good enough to transcend the abysmal offensive scheme. I tend to think that's because it was just uniquely horrible and unfriendly to QBs (and thus recievers). If you buy that then it's tough to knock Burrow for being a one year wonder. Would Tua or Trevor Lawrence have looked like first round material playing for LSU in 2018?

Good enough for the first round? Yeah, probably, those are two talented guys. I'm not comfortable saying they would've been as good as Burrow though. Because up to that point no one really had, and both those guys already play on very very talented teams

Kawalimus posted:

God please keep agholor away from the Ravens. Please!!!! He is not what we need.

The Raiders already signed him iirc

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
tbh if Jalen was still around I don't know if any of Tua's receivers would be able to dodge being drafted around where Ardarius Stewart was or something

Maybe one guy if he latches onto them as the first read like he did Calvin Ridley

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

So the Browns are going with Brownie the Elf this year for draft caps. Great idea. Way better than that DAWG POUND crap.

... but with blackface? What?

That’s a bold strategy, Cotton.

Well that makes me feel better about the Chargers underwhelming draft hat

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Play posted:

Personally I don't think they're missing much he's just a good, extremely accurate quarterback with incredible mental processing speed and great skills after the play breaks down. He picks up yards on the ground too, he's not a total scrub athletically at all.

Accurate on the move too while using that athleticism.

Like I've said if I were betting I'd still say he's going to bust just because I would bet that about every quarterback prospect and come out ahead in the end, but if I were a Bengals fan I'd be pretty hopeful.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I had a dream about the draft last night that the Bengals drafted an OT at 1 and I hope it happens

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Auburn/FSU BCS championship game is on ESPNU and it reminded me that I really thought Tre Mason was going to be awesome in the NFL.

Looked him up and his mom thinks he has CTE :( I guess on the bright side he's out of football now.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

sharknado slashfic posted:

I had a dream about the draft last night that the Bengals drafted an OT at 1 and I hope it happens

Does drinking your liver into a smoking crater qualify as self harm?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Play posted:

The Raiders already signed him iirc

Oh good thats a relief

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Eifert Posting posted:

Does drinking your liver into a smoking crater qualify as self harm?

Pretty sure that's called virus mitigation. "All right fucker, you and I have started a war of attrition. My bloodstream is no man's land, and I just opened 750ml of Kentucky's finest chemical weapons."

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1245770801791610882

QB controversy?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Gabbert was still in the league?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Now that Brady is gone I'm struggling to think of one player on the Pats who is any good.

Don't mention any running backs or receivers, thanks in advance.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Now that Brady is gone I'm struggling to think of one player on the Pats who is any good.

Defense is still decent isn't it? I mean they have the Belichick advantage, but that's not all it is.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Another physical Tua took is again "overwhelmingly positive"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

Gillmore

Play
Apr 25, 2006

kiimo posted:

Gillmore is really the main guy that comes to mind. No idea how their cap is so bad but I'm guessing they haven't been getting great results from rookies so have been paying a lot of veterans

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

kiimo posted:

How quickly you forget Marshall Newhouse

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Maybe the only person on Earth to be happy about hearing those words from their doctor right now

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Play posted:

Gillmore is really the main guy that comes to mind. No idea how their cap is so bad but I'm guessing they haven't been getting great results from rookies so have been paying a lot of veterans

Pats drafting over the past 5 years has been really bad.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Defense is still decent isn't it? I mean they have the Belichick advantage, but that's not all it is.

On offense, it's pretty much both guards, and Edelman I guess (but he's old and breaking down, so ehhh), in Joe Thuney and Shaq Mason.
On defense, Hightower is good, but gets injured a lot. the entire secondary is real good.

The Pats cap is a mess due to $26m in dead money from Brady, AB, Gostkowski, and some other minor things.

and they have 5 guys currently making up the biggest chunk of it: Gilmore (18.5), Thuney (14.8, franchise tagged), Hightower (12.5), Edelman (9.7), Marcus Cannon (9.6).

Either Thuney will sign a new contract or he'll be traded and then they'll have the money to do whatever.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I guess when I stopped doing IDPs in fantasy my knowledge of good defensive players started to slip.

I bet the Pats will get a bunch of 11-5 predictions at the beginning of the season but why? They can't draft for poo poo. Maybe N'Keal Harry will turn out to be good one day? I took a lot of flack for making GBS threads all over taking Harry over other WRs in the draft but my prediction is panning out so far. #2 WR taken in a draft full of quality and nobody is talking about him

Play
Apr 25, 2006

kiimo posted:

I guess when I stopped doing IDPs in fantasy my knowledge of good defensive players started to slip.

I bet the Pats will get a bunch of 11-5 predictions at the beginning of the season but why? They can't draft for poo poo. Maybe N'Keal Harry will turn out to be good one day? I took a lot of flack for making GBS threads all over taking Harry over other WRs in the draft but my prediction is panning out so far. #2 WR taken in a draft full of quality and nobody is talking about him

Harry and Michel, two nearly wasted first round picks twice in a row. Michel has played okay for them but he's a third or fourth round type player, and Harry obviously hasn't done anything yet. I also had some folks get upset with me when I said the Patriots drafting hadn't been great for a while, but go ahead and try to name a super-talented young player they have, I'll wait. All their good players are veterans on reasonably sizeable contracts.
They've drafted okay at offensive line I feel like and they do manage to pick up solid backups but that's basically it

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Harry was injured in training camp, so never got started last year.

Michel sucks, but he ran for 350 yards and 6 TD's in the Superbowl run 2 years ago, so whooooo cares if he never does anything again.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kalli posted:

Harry was injured in training camp, so never got started last year.

Michel sucks, but he ran for 350 yards and 6 TD's in the Superbowl run 2 years ago, so whooooo cares if he never does anything again.

Can you name one young (in their rookie deal at the very least) super-talented Patriot? It's been slim pickings for a few years. Not helped by the fact that they had very low picks in those drafts of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Oh yeah it's April now.