Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Kirk Cousins has already made over $100 million.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

Can't imagine we'd spend that much on one position. I'd be fine with giving up a 5th for YN, but not much more.

I'm also increasingly of the view that they'll spend on 7-8 mid tier guys rather than risk the chemistry with 3-4 megabucks guys.

Several things - first, yeah. That’s what Grier said we’re gonna do (the 7-8 mid tier guys) and we’ve been parroting it in AFCE for months. It absolutely fits his mantra. I’d say you can pen that one in ink.

Second - Armstead and YN are two entirely different types of linemen. They’d both be starters.

Or DJ Reader + YN. We need a 3-4 NT, a true 3-4 RE, and a pass rushing OLB/4-3 LE

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Except he’s competent.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s hilarious how much money Sam Bradford made.

One hundred twenty-nine million dollars

That's nearly a dollar for every give-up checkdown pass he threw

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
DJ Reader quietly had an excellent season in 2019. Adding a guy like him or Armstead and then Ingokue (close enough) would basically legitimize the Dolphins D line instantly

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Even though Bradford came out two years earlier, at this point Kirk has actually played ten more games than him.

Bradford's total earnings are 134 million, which works out to one and a quarter million per touchdown OR one and a half million per game. That old system was really quite funny and basically encouraged huge gambles on young players

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

Oh man, that could end poorly.

If you see a 6"2 dude in a Burrow jersey looking like an antagonist in a college frat movie shout "Mike Nugent is the greatest Bengal" at him. If he decks you it's my cousin.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Eifert Posting posted:

If you see a 6"2 dude in a Burrow jersey looking like an antagonist in a college frat movie shout "Mike Nugent is the greatest Bengal" at him. If he decks you it's my cousin.

Is he going to be hanging out at the NASA facility in NOLA for some reason?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Amy Pole Her posted:

Tag and trade never results in much as far as a draft pick. Miami should absolutely look into potentially giving a 4 or 5. But Jax has to know the history of these things is so drat “meh”

Arik Armstead + YN would pretty much solidify our DL imo

Frank Clark tag and trade was for a late 1st and late 2nd round pick. Dee Ford went for a high 2nd round pick. Nobody is getting Ngakoue for a day 3 pick.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Also, Yannick is a monster and he's only 24. I don't see any chance he gets traded for less than a high 2nd and probably then some.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Frank Clark tag and trade was for a late 1st and late 2nd round pick. Dee Ford went for a high 2nd round pick. Nobody is getting Ngakoue for a day 3 pick.

Frank Clark was way better imo but Dee Fords a good comparison. Hm.

I like YN but he’s wants to be paid 20mm+ and he’s not a pure disrupted by himself. He’s not Mack. Maybe i undervalue him.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I think the problem the Jags have is that Ngakoue's tag value basically wipes out all their cap space, so they'd have to cut people just to sign a draft class. And that's without making an offer to Fournette or signing anyone new. So holding onto him seems like a hollow threat.

I imagine he'll still get a 2 out of someone.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The other problem is that he just publicly stated he won't play in Jacksonville. Really hurts the Jaguars bargaining position. Still, I agree. Anything less than a 2 would be shocking.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The other problem is that he just publicly stated he won't play in Jacksonville. Really hurts the Jaguars bargaining position. Still, I agree. Anything less than a 2 would be shocking.

He's said he won't sign a long term contract. I reckon if they tagged him and kept him he'd hold out and ask for trade without being a dick about it and then play the season.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
If you can get Yannick for a 2 you pull the trigger. He's dominant and not even in his prime yet. Even if you have to pay him around $20m that's probably going to be a decent deal when the cap goes up like it's supposed too under the new deal.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

wandler20 posted:

If you can get Yannick for a 2 you pull the trigger. He's dominant and not even in his prime yet. Even if you have to pay him around $20m that's probably going to be a decent deal when the cap goes up like it's supposed too under the new deal.

Chargers should absolutely do this. Yannick and Bosa would be amazing and it's not like we're paying a quarterback right now

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

Chargers should absolutely do this. Yannick and Bosa would be amazing and it's not like we're paying a quarterback right now

That duo would be fun as hell to watch wreck gameplans.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I'd be skeptical of expecting Ngakoue to dominate without someone like Calais Campbell on the opposite side, who is currently a better player.

It'd be like big paying Bud Dupree

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

wandler20 posted:

You know... i do keep forgetting the salary cap is potentially shooting up freaking 10-15%

D-LINK posted:

I'd be skeptical of expecting Ngakoue to dominate without someone like Calais Campbell on the opposite side, who is currently a better player.

It'd be like big paying Bud Dupree

This is me. If you don’t have a big defender they’re scared of on the inside or opposite outside they’ll just run at him all day. Hell still get stats and put up stuff but I think he’s more of a piece you add to a unit versus bring in to flat out fix the situation which is what a Frank Clark was

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The market is going to be loving grim though. Everyone is getting tagged and/or signing long term deals because every team (except the Vikings/Steelers) is flush with cap space.

If you're a team who wants to content and is in need of a pass rusher, a 2nd is a steal. I think he gets a 1st.

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1234558540058107904

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers are 99% gonna use the franchise tag on Hunter Henry

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
wait but why

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1234561688231456770?s=20

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Hello.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Yes, trade Turner please and thank you.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wait what? Why? HOW?

What do they want?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hmm

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

a neat cape posted:

Yannick and Bosa would run into each other and give each other concussion

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I mean he missed 9 games in the last 3 years due to injury, so there's that.

But if you get Cam killed by week 3, there's no chance for a QB controversy.

ThinkingManMeme.gif

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
And he’s locked into contract until 2023?

Man. I’d be pumped if Miami could turn a 2 into him

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

And he’s locked into contract until 2023?

Man. I’d be pumped if Miami could turn a 2 into him
2021. The last 2 years of his contract are dummy years to spread the signing bonus hit out.

Any team that trades for him will be most likely making him the highest paid guard in the league.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

2021. The last 2 years of his contract are dummy years to spread the signing bonus hit out.

Any team that trades for him will be most likely making him the highest paid guard in the league.

The final year seems to be a dummy year but the year before that has no void and it looks rather low. Is there a better breakdown of it somewhere?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

The final year seems to be a dummy year but the year before that has no void and it looks rather low. Is there a better breakdown of it somewhere?
Same ones as usual, OverTheCap and Spotrac. He signed a 4 year extension in 2017 during the last year of his rookie year.

https://overthecap.com/player/trai-turner/3031/
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/trai-turner-14503/

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Given the Hawks' drafting pattern I would almost prefer they give up their first for ngakoue

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Manoueverable posted:

Given the Hawks' drafting pattern I would almost prefer they give up their first for ngakoue

If the cap really is going up to 200+ mil sign clowney and trade that 1st for ngakoue them sign him long term

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Manoueverable posted:

Trade the first for Trai Turner.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I still think everyone’s overvaluing what they’ll get

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
It's beginning to look like the Carolina Panthers are an elaborate scheme to murder Cam Newton.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Chichevache posted:

Trade the first for Trai Turner.

Ah gently caress, yeah, that's the one

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

guys im pretty sure the panthers are going to be bad next season

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

FizFashizzle posted:

guys im pretty sure the panthers are going to be bad next season

2021 Panthers QB Trevor Lawrence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Some of these reports say Carolina would release him under certain circumstances... wtf?