Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

How was Steven Nelson on the Steelers? I remember a lot of chiefs fans (not necessarily here, but irl) complaining about him but i could never tell if it was him or coaching/the scheme.

eric murray fuckin' sucked though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Doctor Teeth posted:

How was Steven Nelson on the Steelers? I remember a lot of chiefs fans (not necessarily here, but irl) complaining about him but i could never tell if it was him or coaching/the scheme.

Really, really good:

https://twitter.com/SteelBlitzburgh/status/1218926190020513792/photo/1

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

When Nelson left his stock took a hit in fans’ eyes but he was better than the scheme in KC.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I have to chuckle when people say Burrow had a stacked roster this year considering nobody who wasnt an LSU fan could name a single offensive skill player despite the depth chart barely changing from 2018.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I have to chuckle when people say Burrow had a stacked roster this year considering nobody who wasnt an LSU fan could name a single offensive skill player despite the depth chart barely changing from 2018.

I mean that's basically how it is for every college football team.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I couldn't even tell you the names of any of the players on any other team in the Big 12 if they're not pre-season Heisman hype you think I've got time to care about some SEC school we're never going to play?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yeah

“Only one year of great production” is a really lazy argument too.

He was awesome and ready to start at Ohio State but Urban Meyer is super loyal to upper classmen so he refused to name Burrow the starter over Haskins.

And that’s when Burrow transferred and played in the completely unimaginative offense that first year at LSU. I don’t see how anyone holds lovely offense design and play calling against him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers beat writer

https://twitter.com/jourdanrodrigue/status/1245434388906639370?s=21

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If the Patriots end up starting either Dalton or Cam Newton they're gonna be my 2nd team in the AFC and I'ma feel so loving dirty.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

Yeah

“Only one year of great production” is a really lazy argument too.

He was awesome and ready to start at Ohio State but Urban Meyer is super loyal to upper classmen so he refused to name Burrow the starter over Haskins.

And that’s when Burrow transferred and played in the completely unimaginative offense that first year at LSU. I don’t see how anyone holds lovely offense design and play calling against him.

Yeah how dare a Meyer name a scrub like Haskins over Burrow

Haskins throws for 70% completion, 5,000 yards, and 50 TDs

Maybe Haskins was better and Burrow couldn't beat him out

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Patriots bringing in Cam would make so little sense.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Burrow broke his thumb during spring practice which gave Haskins a leg up for the backup role when JT Barrett was still the starter. JT Barrett gets hurt during the Michigan game , and Haskins comes in and seals the win. Burrow couldn't recover from that.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Patriots bringing in Cam would make so little sense.

Who do Pats fans even want at QB this year?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

I mean that's basically how it is for every college football team.

Not really? Bama had three recievers that made basically every preseason top 25. Clemson had a couple. OSU and Oklahoma as well. Not to mention Dobbins, Etienne, and Swift in the preseason heisman hype. Everyone knew those teams were stacked on offense before anyone played a down.

a neat cape posted:

Gosh, I wonder if Burrow could ever have a season that good...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Not really? Bama had three recievers that made basically every preseason top 25. Clemson had a couple. OSU and Oklahoma as well. Not to mention Dobbins, Etienne, and Swift in the preseason heisman hype. Everyone knew those teams were stacked on offense before anyone played a down.

I mean i admit to not watching as much college football as usual the last couple of years but LSU has been stacked at skill position for like the last fifteen years.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Brady is going on Stern next Wednesday, should be interesting.

Ehud posted:

The dudes they have are fine for what this year is about. They really don't have money to do any team building. I'd rather watch Stidham or Hoyer fall on their faces than try to get excited for the corpse of Cam.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 2, 2020

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Justin Jefferson is my favorite receiver this draft so he’s gonna bust much like my previous favorite, the WVU kid who was shot in the head

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/1245519484355350528

Aldon Smith is back!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Gone by October

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Let's not count those chickens just yet.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Gosh, I wonder if Burrow could ever have a season that good...

LSU has had ridiculous talent for ages (their line has also been better than Bama's for like 3-4 years) they just wasted them every year running cromagnon offenses

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Let's not count those chickens just yet.

I mean normal people who don’t have a “problem “with alcohol are drinking every day and yes I mean me so I can’t even imagine how he’s doing in quarantine.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Of course it’s Dallas. Jerrah got a new buddy for boozin’, cursin’, hookin’, and whatever other nonsense they wanna do.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Raku posted:

LSU has had ridiculous talent for ages (their line has also been better than Bama's for like 3-4 years) they just wasted them every year running cromagnon offenses

They've recruited well, but outside of Beckham and Landry they've had nobody in the past decade that was good enough to transcend the abysmal offensive scheme. I tend to think that's because it was just uniquely horrible and unfriendly to QBs (and thus recievers). If you buy that then it's tough to knock Burrow for being a one year wonder. Would Tua or Trevor Lawrence have looked like first round material playing for LSU in 2018?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/1245360959159447552?s=19

Well good news is that given the track record for Omar Kelly offseason hype tweets, nothing will come of COVID-19 starting in September.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/1245360959159447552?s=19

Well good news is that given the track record for Omar Kelly offseason hype tweets, nothing will come of COVID-19 starting in September.

I actually feel sorry for him because his wife is a nurse :-/

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1245667008194191361

The Patriots...doing something decent?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

"Help with epidemic in country where you live" has a huge helping of self-interest involved, but... I guess so?

something something :patssay: PATRIOT WAY :patssay: please forget about the strip mall handy

Ehud posted:

They can't give anyone money in 2020 really, so it's essentially nobody beyond:

1) Give their own scrubs a try
2) Absolute bottom of the barrel FA
3) Luck into someone dropping to them in the draft

Most likely it's just Jarrett Stidham in 2020, and if he dies of the rona being bad at football they just muddle thorough until 2021 when they have salary cap space to do whatever.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 2, 2020

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Isn’t Clay the guy who said this wasn’t a big deal big pivot

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Ehud posted:

Yeah, same here.

My girlfriend still goes into her hospital 5 days a week for occupational therapy work (they have in-patients who are now unable to leave). While she isn't on the front lines, and thus far PPE for her colleagues in other departments hasn't been an issue, Montréal has skyrocketed to #1 in the nation in terms of confirmed cases (we have the most robust testing as well though, uncertain about the %'s). The stories out of other cities and countries definitely have everyone on edge.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

Aldon Smith is back!

Mizzou's run of first round/highish DL/edge picks for a while there is probably best exemplified by the story of Aldon Smith.

Most of them are ok at playing football, and most of them are goddamned crazy. Smith took both of those things to the next level.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Isn’t Clay the guy who said this wasn’t a big deal big pivot

Most Republicans followed Trump's initial stance that it was all overblown, a product of the media meant to make Trump look bad and cost him the election. Many conservative commentators are still pushing this idea, mostly by comparing it to the swine flu situation.

But that stance gets pretty hard to maintain once your voters start dying, so now the switch has flipped and they want you to forget those first two weeks ever happened.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kraft was just going to Thailand for a handie.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

fartknocker posted:

Kraft was just going to Thailand for a handie.

Nick Nack going to get a hand beezy

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Doctor Teeth posted:

Nelson was pretty decent on the Chiefs, he just never really made any splash plays or did anything cool (except lay out Garoppolo one time) but he wasn’t very bad in coverage

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Like someone else said Sutton had his corners doing the most difficult tasks possible in his dumbass preschool scheme so it makes sense that Nelson got better in Pittsburgh, I remember he had some very harsh words for KCs defensive staff after he left

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ehud posted:

well poo poo! I was just making a joke about how Omar Kelly is bad at his job.

ShakeZula posted:

Most Republicans followed Trump's initial stance that it was all overblown, a product of the media meant to make Trump look bad and cost him the election. Many conservative commentators are still pushing this idea, mostly by comparing it to the swine flu situation.

But that stance gets pretty hard to maintain once your voters start dying, so now the switch has flipped and they want you to forget those first two weeks ever happened.

the ding dongs are pushing old projections compared to new projections and saying all projections are wrong and flawed and LET ME GET AWAY FROM MY FAMILY THAT HATES ME

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

ShakeZula posted:

Did you miss them going full survival of the fittest as policy last week? Cause man most still don't seem to care.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Spoeank posted:

well poo poo! I was just making a joke about how Omar Kelly is bad at his job.

he's still really bad at his job :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Bill Belichick released a PSA video about Covid 19 that seriously sounds like a hostage video.