Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Oh trust me, we're here. This was in the same raid and I do not deserve these two Insomnia kills!

https://streamable.com/eszo8l

https://streamable.com/6ryvju

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

So I'm pretty new to the game, picked it up last week, and I just had my most idiot savant raid yet.

I needed to kill scavs in customs for the therapist and am on 10/15. Since I usually die after killing 0-1 scavs, I just equip some class 3 armour, a scav backpack, and pack a woodsman harness with mags for my VPO-215. I leave the helmet and headphones at home because I plan on sniping once then dying.

I kill the sniper scav, then another by the bus depot. When I go to reload I realize I forgot to equip my harness and just loaded in with nothing but 4 bullets and a rifle. Luckily I was able to loot the right ammo of my second kill because all the shooting attracted more scavs as I made my way to the RUAF checkpoint to extract.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
I'd recommend a basic bitch SKS and a pocketful of PS ammo as your 'still learning the game' cheap loadout, unless you get a hold of the .366AP ammo the VPO-215 will leave you hella disadvantaged in most situations. 7.62 PS will dome most players as well in class 3 helmets and often class 4, the 215 ammo will mostly just bounce off.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So..... I'm pretty bad sometimes. Where my other lack of skill people at?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Kqa62kOgw

I need a t-shirt that says "I cowered in a Labs bathroom until the 18 minute mark and all I got was this lousy headshot"

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So..... I'm pretty bad sometimes. Where my other lack of skill people at?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Kqa62kOgw

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Goooood I'm so bad at shooting in this game.

https://vimeo.com/469109648

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Shannow posted:

I'd recommend a basic bitch SKS and a pocketful of PS ammo as your 'still learning the game' cheap loadout, unless you get a hold of the .366AP ammo the VPO-215 will leave you hella disadvantaged in most situations. 7.62 PS will dome most players as well in class 3 helmets and often class 4, the 215 ammo will mostly just bounce off.

Ironically I've never come across an sks while playing yet. I usually am running some sort of AK variant or shotgun if I'm playing solo, and generally just avoid contact with other players if I can help it.

There's a crew of guys I roll with that have been playing for years that have been sheparding me through quests, and I usually scavenge some tricked out guns and armour when I play with them, since they are pretty adept at hunting down gear lords.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

:stonk: Was he...playing on a controller or something? WTF

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Just me being bad again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji2kW1_Zw1k

TipsyMcStagger fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 28, 2020

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I bumbled my way into a lab keycard and a nice set of chad gear from two different scav runs. I'm a level 6 player with an Alpha case and am mediocre at the game. What are the odds I'd carry out enough loot to justify the hundreds of thousands of roubles worth of equipment and keys I'd have to use for a lab run?

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM

sum posted:

I bumbled my way into a lab keycard and a nice set of chad gear from two different scav runs. I'm a level 6 player with an Alpha case and am mediocre at the game. What are the odds I'd carry out enough loot to justify the hundreds of thousands of roubles worth of equipment and keys I'd have to use for a lab run?

Not great because in addition to chads, and hackers, there are raiders that are super strong. If you want to try I'd recommend hiding in a room until after all the fighting is over and then carefully picking up anything that's left over and trying to escape.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

sum posted:

Don't run labs now, save it until you get flea market access at lv 10, and sell it on there for around 300k.

Join the goon discord linked in the OP and play with goons. Most are dummy rich by now and can help you with getting used to maps or getting early quests done.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

If you do run Labs with goons, make sure you know where Nacho is.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

sum posted:

Been poking at Labs myself this past week. Out of 9 runs I've made it out twice. It's difficult, but it's fun and you're gonna lose all that chad gear somewhere, Labs is as good a place as any to do it.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
There are so many new people now and probably going to be even more than I figured I would go back to the good thread and dig up some effort posts.

Here is the one about how to get money, where information has changed since the original post I have added commentary in italics.

The absolute gold standard way to 'get money' is to rush tech stores/spawns in Interchange.

Why? because they are rich sources of these items:
graphics cards (270k), 135k/slot,
tetrises (115k), 67k/slot (WORTH MORE NOW)
golden gphones (40k) /slot (WORTH LESS NOW)
nixxor lenses (30k)/slot

Graphics cards are especially important because you put them in your butt coin machine to make butt coins, and once you do that you have infinite money for the whole wipe forever. An added virtue of them is that they don't need to receive an enchantment to be put into the machine, so you can butt hole them and then die and you don't lose anything.

Also NOTE the lighting is different in the map now than when I took all these screen shots

With a little practice and a basic familiarity with the map, its very easy to do and very time efficient. You're also likely to run into some hatchlings to get PMC kills for quests.

The first step toward orienting yourself on interchange is to figure out which region you spawned in.

Interchange's two major landmarks are IDEA and OLI. IDEA is on the same side of the map as the RAILROAD EXFIL and POWER STATION. OLI is on the same side of the map as EMERCOM EXFIL.

There are four major spawn regions for interchange:

Front-IDEA (aka, Railroad Exfil)
Back-IDEA (aka, Power Station)
Front-OLI
Back-OLI (aka Emercom Exfil).

There are also other spawns half way between these, such as front-middle, back-middle, side-IDEA. If you spawn there just run toward one of the main spawn regions first, then continue as normal. As for me, from the side of OLI i like to go in the front, and from the side of IDEA the back/power station. Back-middle the simplest is to go to power station.

I have prepared a slideshow highlighting the optimal tech loot run paths to take from each of these four spawns.

The targets in any raid will be Techlight, TEXHO, Rasmussen, TTS, and German. If you spawn behind IDEA you can do the power station and the IDEA office/stockroom as well.

To start with, we'll go with the luckiest spawn: Front of OLI

NOTE this isn't actually the luckiest spawn, the luckiest spawn is right off to the side where you can shoot straight into the garage from the side. That spawn guarantees you will be the first one to techlight and it matters more now because the MEDICAL ROOM is up there across from techlight, and people will rush the Medical Room, especially if the power has been turned on. To see if the power has been turned on from anywhere on the map press the 'show exits' thing and if the thing about the door is lit up green, the power is on. This only works if the power has been activated while you were in the raid. If you get late spawned and the power was turned on before you spawned, this indicator won't work.

------At any rate this guide assumes you aren't bringing anything you care at all about losing, like you're bringing a pistol or some garbage that is worthless, and you aren't planning on winning any fights, you're just gonna go grab loot and get money. So speed is of the essence and you want to get to these places as fast as you can. If you die you just want to grab some more super cheap poo poo like another pistol or whatever and do it again as fast as you can. This lets you get money fast to spend on gear to do other stuff. And once you start filling your butt coin making machine up you get infinite money.

You dont want to break glass going through the OLI main entrance, or get stuck trying to glitch jump over the sandbag wall, so you go into the garage to the right of the main entrance first.

Once inside you go over to the stairs and go up

Run by here, if scavs shoot at you keep running, try to get behind something to break line of sight. Don't stop!

You made it! Now decisions: upstairs to Techlight or plod around in TEXHO. Go up to Techlight first.

This store has the most tech spawns. Tech items spawn all over it everywhere, all the shelves, everywhere. Grab them up! You're rich.

Once you're done, time to go back down the escalator

At the bottom to the left is TEXHO. It's OK. It has a wooden floor which gives you away. Loot it up and keep moving, deeper toward the interior of the mall, away from OLI.

Next stop Rasmussen. It has a wood floor and many tech spawns along the walls and on the counters in the middle.

See that shiny graphics card!!! (GRAPHICS CARDS NO LONGER STAND UP VERTICALLY THEY LAY DOWN FLAT BUT THEY ARE STILL REAL SHINY)

If you want to live dangerously from here, just keep on going, go behind the APC store, around the back, and across the middle and hit German and TTS You've already hit 3 tech stores though, so you're probably good.

plz like and subsscccribeee!!!

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 17, 2020

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Interchange guide (2/2)

Back of OLI aka Emercom Exfil.

It is probably the worst place to spawn. But dont just disconnect, you might get lucky!

To start with you want to make your way up the ramp, crossing your fingers and hoping that a scav doesnt shoot you.

Once at the top, jump up on the poo poo to go in the first loading dock

Make your way deeper in, through the back of oli into the main area, and then hook a right.

Stick to the right side and rush up there. You'll end up right where you did from the last spawn, with easy access to Techlight, TEXHO and Rasmussen

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 16, 2020

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Next up: Front of IDEA

Similarly with Front of OLI, you dont want to go directly in the main entrance. With IDEA, you want to enter the garage doors to the right of the main entrance, and continue going right. The aim isn't to get into IDEA itself, but the mall next to it.

Once you get in the garage go right, and go around the corner through the glass doors. Keep going until you see the escalator on your left and go up it.

Once you get to the top of the escalator take a right, and go past Trend into the mall

The first store you want to loot is TTS, which is on your left. You can get into it directly by hopping/crouching on these boxes. Or you can go all the way around, it doesnt matter.

Once you're inside, check the shelves and the counters for valuable tech items.

Once you've done that, continue to German.

Its to the right of Voyage, and has a wood floor.

Valuable items spawn along the walls and on the pedestals in the middle.

From here you can cross the middle and try to get Rasmussen, TEXHO and techlight if you want. Or just die in a hail of bullets to Killa. If you've got an Emercom Medical Unit Key, you can go inside and sometimes find a graphics card in there, in the middle.

plz like and subscribe!

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 16, 2020

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Finally (3/3) Back IDEA aka Power Station

This is actually a great place to spawn.

The power station itself contains an office with several tech spawns, and it is pole position for hitting the IKEA office/storerooms as well.

ADDENDUM: This guide was produced before they put the power switch and stuff in, and it's worth noting that if you spawn right here and go in and loot the power station and don't hit the switch to turn on the power, you're a lowlife sleazebucket. Like people will say a bunch of words about it and the thoughts in their heads about it or whatever stupid poo poo, but trash is trash and you don't want to be one of those people.

Also want to note that because the power switch is here, you don't want to spend any time at all here if you spawn in, since people will come straight here. It is not a safe place to be. You just want to zoom in, check the spawn, hit the switch and book it.

Go in, go left, loot office.

There are several jackets hung up which can spawn valuable keys, if you want to loot them.

Once you're done, go out and go up the back ramp of IDEA

Hook around to the right and go through the doors, then another right into the back of the main area

Once you're in, push forward past the green light to the back door of the storeroom.

Loot the shelves along the aisle that lines up with the next door

Move forward and attend to all the marked spots. The arrow points to the keyboard of a computer in the cuble facing away from you there.

I dont recommend searching the inside of the computer boxes for graphics cards, it takes forever and you wont find any.

Once you're done, head out, take a left, and make a bee line behind the registers until you see Trend and the mall, then proceed as usual.

plz like and subscribe

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Dec 17, 2020

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
One thing to note about Tetriz machines is that their value is tied to Bitcoin, and given market fees I think you're almost always better off trading them to Mechanic for a coin, then selling the coin to Therapist. It's also a very good/easy way to hit their money requirements if that's still a concern for you.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Inspector_666 posted:

One thing to note about Tetriz machines is that their value is tied to Bitcoin, and given market fees I think you're almost always better off trading them to Mechanic for a coin, then selling the coin to Therapist. It's also a very good/easy way to hit their money requirements if that's still a concern for you.

Yup, its actually FREE to fill up mechanic's money requirement simply by buying tetrises on the flea mkt, trading them to him for butt coins, and then vendoring the butt coins to therapist.

You can't do it all at once since its only 2 butt coins per vendor reset but it adds up fast and at immsmc you can start doing it immediately with lv 1 mechanic once you have flea mkt unlocked.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

hakimashou posted:

Yup, its actually FREE to fill up mechanic's money requirement simply by buying tetrises on the flea mkt, trading them to him for butt coins, and then vendoring the butt coins to therapist.

You can't do it all at once since its only 2 butt coins per vendor reset but it adds up fast and at immsmc you can start doing it immediately with lv 1 mechanic once you have flea mkt unlocked.

It's not free/profitable for the most part anymore, but you will usually only lose a couple thousand on it so it's negligible.

I miss the days where people would always price Tetriz below BTC for some reason.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Inspector_666 posted:

It's not free/profitable for the most part anymore, but you will usually only lose a couple thousand on it so it's negligible.

I miss the days where people would always price Tetriz below BTC for some reason.

Now that I think about it they made mechanic pay the most for gun attachments like how skier used to do yeah? So it’s free just buying crappy scopes and silencers on flea and vendoring to him.

Gonna be weird next wipe

deadseedinside
Jul 6, 2018

Possibly a confused chimpanzee. Approach with caution and snacks.
nice write up Haki but you missed something with powerstation spawn.

ALWAYS BE A BRO AND FLIP THE POWER ON. IT IS YOUR DUTY.

also, re: tetriz/btc --> as of this posting they are trading at 290k

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

hakimashou posted:

Now that I think about it they made mechanic pay the most for gun attachments like how skier used to do yeah? So it’s free just buying crappy scopes and silencers on flea and vendoring to him.

Gonna be weird next wipe

People got wise/the FIR change killed most of the actually profitable vendor flips this wipe from what I've seen, but there are still a lot where you lose almost nothing if you really wanted to do them.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
are the in game bitcoins really pegged to the price of real life bitcoins? I heard today that bitcoins were at a record high, does this make me Tarkov rich?

deadseedinside
Jul 6, 2018

Possibly a confused chimpanzee. Approach with caution and snacks.

Bucnasti posted:

are the in game bitcoins really pegged to the price of real life bitcoins? I heard today that bitcoins were at a record high, does this make me Tarkov rich?

yes. that is a real thing.

When Kodak announced they were doing BTC brokering the irl value skyrocketed and made it so that anyone with a bitcoin farm in tark started making almost 1.5million PER DAY just for logging in and collecting them.

Full farm nets you about 4 BTC every 24 hours, and as i said, right now they're worth about 290k EACH

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Why are there so many new people right now?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Inspector_666 posted:

People got wise/the FIR change killed most of the actually profitable vendor flips this wipe from what I've seen, but there are still a lot where you lose almost nothing if you really wanted to do them.

Yeah its mainly for getting the vendor rouble number up to unlock levels

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Why are there so many new people right now?

Popular streamer playing Tarkov along with a Labs tournament on Twitch

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

If you spawn emercom it's generally advisable to loot back oli unless you're doing a purely butt items run.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

deadseedinside posted:

Don't do this, if you fail to turn on the power and lurk instead, eventually a Kiba keyhaver will come to turn it on and you can poach their thicc wares

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

deadseedinside posted:

also, re: tetriz/btc --> as of this posting they are trading at 290k

Yeah truth!

I copied and pasted it from when I originally made it before the power and stuff.

For the record, if you spawn at the power station and dont hit the switch you are human garbage.

I will go back and edit that in.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I downloaded this game again today after almost a year of not playing. Kind of missed it. I logged into a "small gift" from BSG that consisted of like a hundred GP tokens and a bunch of ammo. Not quite a small gift but it should help with being a bit behind. I'm building a new PC to help with the in-game issues I was having, but until it's built I wanted to start assembling a bank roll doing scav runs and whatever I could run with a lovely old PC. Has BSG improved any of the stuttering issues this game was known for last year?

Edit: also, holy poo poo this grenade case is full of F-1's. This is not a small gift.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 21, 2020

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

ShowTime posted:

Has BSG improved any of the stuttering issues this game was known for last year?
Maybe.

Performance is still wildly inconsistent.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

speaking of money runs i reset my account for some fun and i like to build a bank with scav/pistol runs before i start going geared, and doing customs safe runs is some good risk free cash

you want the customs office key, the cabinet key, three storey dorms 204 and 214 keys, and two storey dorms 105, 110 and 114 keys. can also take the marked room key if you want. the way id been playing it because i was low level late wipe was that i would just take in a pistol or a pp-19 or a shotgun or something, and try to hit as many safes as possible while staying out of the way. the customs office key is 50/50 on other people going up there. theres been times ive spawned the far side and hit it up last and found it still locked, or found another guy in there, theres times i spawn big red and get in and out fine, other times someone w max stats runs up on you while you have your key in the door. the two third storey safes are not as sketchy as they might seem, both are second floor next to the doors and you can usually get them and get out. the two storey safes are really reliable, if you get the dorms spawn you can sprint to two storey, hop through the window into the bathroom and get the main two and then out and around for the third before anyone else is even near to dorms. even if you dont though this late in the wipe unless rashala is in two storey you can generally get the three safes no problem. the last one is in new gas and again it really depends. you can probably tell long before you get there whether its going to be worth bothering with or not.

you want a docs case to put the keys in as well as the loot. the ssds, flash drives, diaries, gp and bitcoins, and the veritas pick can go into a docs case along with the cash. the normal valuables just go into your secure. this is probably the run you want to do if you struggle for cash, its extremely risk free, dying makes very little difference to what you make. you generally get a good chunk of cash, a few valuables that you can vendor off, and the tech/intel stuff. the spawns on safes now are insane, you get a ton of ssds, flash drives and diaries. these are the only bits that are annoying if theyre not FIR, as the only vendor for them is peacekeeper, but you can just use the dollars and it levels his spending req up, theres also the skier quest where he wants $6k and you can pretty easily get that just by vendoring everything. the other option is holding onto them until you unlock the crafts/trades that let you trade diaries for intel, craft flash drives into FIR intel, and the ssds to FIR flash drives or VPXs.

very reliable money, you can also hit up stashes and get quests done while youre doing it, especially finding flash drives im pretty sure this is by far the easiest and most reliable way to get them now. even if you die youre coming out positive and no ones looting your garbage gear this late into wipe anyway. should be profitable even with an alpha, if you have a gamma then the bigger stuff like lions/vases/antique books and just being able to secure more of the smaller non-case valuables really pushes the profit up.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Nice, good to know. Some things change and some things stay the same. It's cool seeing stashes become a bigger part of Tarkov, though secretly they were my main loot point back when I played. You could always get good poo poo from them and it sounds like you can get even better poo poo now. I'm starting scav runs tonight, but am gonna start doing PMC runs right after. My stash is already full of poo poo. Feels like they made your private stash smaller.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Get Kappa on my first wipe ever a few days ago :discourse:

Game wipes tomorrow :negative:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

A Christmas miracle!

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Game wipes tomorrow :negative:

2 hours ago:

Wipe tomorrow!

I am low key hyped about most of this stuff though. I kinda wish they had waited until Streets to wipe but i'll take it!

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
This is my first wipe and I'm so excited to not be playing from behind for a couple days.

Joke's on me, I'm bad enough I'm always playing from behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
On the bright side, the UMP and Vector are going to finally be released.

Hopefully some more cult poo poo too...