Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Got fed up with my addiction to the flea market and seeming inability to do anything but the flea market (130mil in stash but only 4 pmc runs total? bleh) so I called it quits the night before last and deleted all of my stuff and then reset my account for good measure. RIP 90 million rubles and 40mil of gear but it's not like I was gonna do anything with it anyway.

Maybe I can finally play a different game now.

Heh, who am I kidding. I'll probably reinstall in a few days and start playing the flea market again. And by 'playing', I mean buy underpriced stuff, part it out, sell the high volume stuff on the flea and the rest to vendors.

It's weirdly addicting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ambaire posted:

Got fed up with my addiction to the flea market and seeming inability to do anything but the flea market (130mil in stash but only 4 pmc runs total? bleh) so I called it quits the night before last and deleted all of my stuff and then reset my account for good measure. RIP 90 million rubles and 40mil of gear but it's not like I was gonna do anything with it anyway.

Heh, who am I kidding. I'll probably reinstall in a few days and start playing the flea market again. And by 'playing', I mean buy underpriced stuff, part it out, sell the high volume stuff on the flea and the rest to vendors.

It's weirdly addicting.

Jesus Christ you have some serious brainworms. What the gently caress, man.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
The best way to 'play' the flea market is to barter scam, i'm currently at 13 red rebels i refuse to sell because of the 3.5 million tax

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Got to 4,5kk roubles last night and decided to do some cleaning in my stash, so now I have 3 full weapon cases, 2 pistol cases, item case, med case, dogtag case, scav box, ammo case, mag case and 30 assorted backpacks ranging from tbags to beta 2.

And 3 times i went into Interchange with the idea of fighting to the death to lose some gear and 3 times i extracted thinking "yeah no this is some good loot I might not be so lucky next time" while finding no more than one live scav or player (even when running towards gunfire). I might actually try hunting Killa next because drat it's getting hard to die in the mall without getting loaded first.
I chose Interchange because Ragman asked me nicely to kill some dudes there.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Kikas posted:

Got to 4,5kk roubles last night and decided to do some cleaning in my stash, so now I have 3 full weapon cases, 2 pistol cases, item case, med case, dogtag case, scav box, ammo case, mag case and 30 assorted backpacks ranging from tbags to beta 2.

And 3 times i went into Interchange with the idea of fighting to the death to lose some gear and 3 times i extracted thinking "yeah no this is some good loot I might not be so lucky next time" while finding no more than one live scav or player (even when running towards gunfire). I might actually try hunting Killa next because drat it's getting hard to die in the mall without getting loaded first.
I chose Interchange because Ragman asked me nicely to kill some dudes there.

you're going to have a hard time consistently finding pvp in interchange, it's like 60% superbudget or hatchet runners suicide running electronics. same with reserve, your best bet is labs if you want to have meaningful pvp but you'll die to a hacker one in five times.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Also went into Factory with a Saiga 9mm for the "stand next to 3 exits" quest because hey, 2 free bitcoin, and domed some sweaty gear lord who must have loved his Gen 4 armor a lot, because when I looted it off him it had 3/10 durability :psyduck:

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Is there any sense as to when the next big patch is? I have no idea how frequently these things are rolled out... do they correspond with wipes, or do big patches happen independently from them?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Pathos posted:

Is there any sense as to when the next big patch is? I have no idea how frequently these things are rolled out... do they correspond with wipes, or do big patches happen independently from them?

JULY

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Oh, wow, okay. A long time off. Ok.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Maybe they'll implement BattleEye correctly this time.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Kikas posted:

Also went into Factory with a Saiga 9mm for the "stand next to 3 exits" quest because hey, 2 free bitcoin, and domed some sweaty gear lord who must have loved his Gen 4 armor a lot, because when I looted it off him it had 3/10 durability :psyduck:

What level was he? And why do you call him a 'gear lord'? It sounds horribly racist in my head. Also, he might not have known about the durability mechanics...

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Ambaire posted:

What level was he? And why do you call him a 'gear lord'? It sounds horribly racist in my head. Also, he might not have known about the durability mechanics...
Preach brother! Anti-gear bigotry is racism!

Mods ban this trash. The g-word is unacceptable in all contexts.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Ambaire posted:

drat you woke as hell

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Sounds like the opposite of a sweaty g-word

poe meater fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 4, 2020

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

poe meater posted:

sweaty gearlord
:siren: Mods!?! :siren:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

im going to put this in the op but i hate the chart and ill put an ammo cheat sheet for early game guns in in a bit as well so people dont have to look at it

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Ambaire posted:

hahahahah how

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Ambaire posted:

:agreed:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Kikas posted:

I'd bet that he bought it cheap off the flea market thinking he found some good armor on the cheap.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ambaire posted:

I desperately need you to explain how 'gear lord' is horribly racist. Please my children are dying.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you can't use the g word that's our word

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Ambaire posted:

He was lvl 30-something, and I call him a gear lord because he rocked an airframe with that gen 4 and a fully kitted M4 with two 60 round mags full of m80.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
i am lord of the gear, dont speak ill of me

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Kikas posted:

He was lvl 30-something, and I call him a gear lord because he rocked an airframe with that gen 4 and a fully kitted M4 with two 60 round mags full of m80.

:crossarms:

I call shenanigans.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Kikas posted:

I think I found part of his problem beyond using a 10 durability vest :v:

impressed he managed to find a way to get it in those mags though

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I've brought a vest full of 7.62 while running a 5.45

probably not what happened there, but it happens.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ambaire posted:

What level was he? And why do you call him a 'gear lord'? It sounds horribly racist in my head.

Holy gently caress each one of your posts is more insane than the last

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Curse my bad memory, must have been some other raid.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Oh no base lvl4 pvp armor, what a sweaty guy!!!

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Kikas posted:

I guess my mistake was assuming it was intended to be insulting. some of the posts on here.. can't tell whether people are being serious or sarcastic or who knows what the gently caress

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Gazaar posted:

Oh no base lvl4 pvp armor, what a sweaty guy!!!

gen4 is lvl5 my guy, it's some of the best armor you can get in the game, and comes in at 200k on the low end

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Lol if you don’t study spreadsheets.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

VulgarandStupid posted:

Lol if you don’t study spreadsheets.

well yes, but there's really only one you need to consult and it can generally be summed up as "you should really use one of these 1-4 ammo types for this caliber depending on budget/etc."

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Ambaire posted:

It's weirdly addicting.

Wow. At least give your poo poo away (to me) if you are gonna "quit". Put all your poo poo into a few valuables then drop it for someone (me). You can pass of a lot of money by just putting it into a few keys inside a SICC case and dropping the case for someone (still me). Then someone (again, me) can do a few thicc runs with thermals and poo poo on your dime.

But I don't admonish you for going for a fresh start. I'll double down on the funnest way to play this game is with nothing and see what you can come out of a raid with. It's just so much fun beating someone that is stacked with gear when you have nothing. Going into a run with a pistol and walking out with S-Tier gear just gives you such a rush. I think that's why I love scav runs so much. You have such a disadvantage, have no risk and can come out feeling like a boss if it goes well. More often than not, you just die to dumb poo poo. But that 1 run when it all works out makes up for that. My last run with a scav was just finding a couple dead bodies on a hill, grabbing their poo poo and running away. I started with nothing and walked out with everything I need for several runs.

It would be so fun to start a competition with no loot and see who can come out with the most rubles with no deaths. Everyone starts with a pistol and after 24 hours, the person with the most rubles after liquidating all their gained assets wins. You die, you lose. That shits dumb as an esports competition, but as a casual thing, it could be very fun to break up the monotony late patch.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

ShowTime posted:

I'll double down on the funnest way to play this game is with nothing and see what you can come out of a raid with. It's just so much fun beating someone that is stacked with gear when you have nothing. Going into a run with a pistol and walking out with S-Tier gear just gives you such a rush.

I face tapped him with a saiga 9

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Face shooting OP. I hope Nikita gets on that.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I face tapped him with a saiga 9

That's loving awesome.

I love shooting people in the face or legs. gently caress your body armor. The face or the knees don't give a poo poo about you. I know they are reworking armor and will make it more strategic, but until they do, i'm gonna aim for two places: your face or your ankles. Even after the rework, i'm just gonna get more juicy spots. I'll shoot you in the ribs, the thighs, etc. There might be an armor that covers all that, but you are gonna move like a turtle and i'm gonna exploit that.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Forget face tapping, hit them in the chest with an ap20 slug. :getin:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ambaire posted:

I guess my mistake was assuming it was intended to be insulting.

Even if it was an insult, I still have to know what makes it racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

TheTofuShop posted:

Forget face tapping, hit them in the chest with an ap20 slug. :getin:

I'll never use a shotgun after hitting someone with 15 shots and completely destroying their armor, but not getting the kills. I get how shotguns work. I get how ammo works. I've just had bad experiences with them.