Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

So I'm pretty new to the game, picked it up last week, and I just had my most idiot savant raid yet.

I needed to kill scavs in customs for the therapist and am on 10/15. Since I usually die after killing 0-1 scavs, I just equip some class 3 armour, a scav backpack, and pack a woodsman harness with mags for my VPO-215. I leave the helmet and headphones at home because I plan on sniping once then dying.

I kill the sniper scav, then another by the bus depot. When I go to reload I realize I forgot to equip my harness and just loaded in with nothing but 4 bullets and a rifle. Luckily I was able to loot the right ammo of my second kill because all the shooting attracted more scavs as I made my way to the RUAF checkpoint to extract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Shannow posted:

I'd recommend a basic bitch SKS and a pocketful of PS ammo as your 'still learning the game' cheap loadout, unless you get a hold of the .366AP ammo the VPO-215 will leave you hella disadvantaged in most situations. 7.62 PS will dome most players as well in class 3 helmets and often class 4, the 215 ammo will mostly just bounce off.

Ironically I've never come across an sks while playing yet. I usually am running some sort of AK variant or shotgun if I'm playing solo, and generally just avoid contact with other players if I can help it.

There's a crew of guys I roll with that have been playing for years that have been sheparding me through quests, and I usually scavenge some tricked out guns and armour when I play with them, since they are pretty adept at hunting down gear lords.