Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
This game is making me feel so inept. Just eating poo poo in every fight, scav or pmc. I've been focusing on customs, using the maps, trying to loot but mostly dying in 2-3 minutes because I can't win fights and have no clue where I'm being shot from. It's like i can't get any progress. Thinking about just writing off the $50 :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Famethrowa posted:

playing solo is maximum hardmode. It took me ~40-50 hours to feel like I could survive maps and get more frequent duel wins as a solo player. took learning map flow and timings so that I stopped blundering into view right as a squad hit a hill. I'm at ~30% survival rate playing solo and honestly? it feels pretty drat good now.

Thanks for the advice (including the discord). Sounds like I need to grind it out and jump on discord when I can. That cash infusion a few posts up was nuts!

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Found my first gfx card today on a scav interchange run. I'm still really new but man that made my heart pound. Netted 300k all told!

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
What's the current take on scav karma? I see that it's "in progress" but have the devs talked about it explicitly?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

hakimashou posted:

It was a sort of goofy off the wall idea in the past but now that they've got all the fantasy stuff in like buff potions and enchantments on items and stuff its probably actually gonna happen and be really dumb.

A fellow scav popped me at an exit last night when I had a loaded bag and I was thinking that was a hilariously evil idea. probably not viable though depending on how stringent their karma penalties are

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Are guns I pick up off pmcs I kill considered found in raid?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

RangerKarl posted:

Pretty sure they are, as long as they're dead before you filch them

Oh, so if I murdered them it's a no go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Ziploc posted:

Any item brought by a PMC is NOT found in raid.

This is to stop people attempting to sync drop (start the raid at the same time) with non-found in raid items and trying to put that status back on them.

Are sync drops still viable?

This makes sense, thanks for clearing that up.