Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Well I bought this after watching some streams and thinking it looks good.

Scav run 1 I died in 22 seconds.
Scan run 2 I died in 43 seconds.
I am getting better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Tonight I learned ZB 1013 is not like ZB1011 or ZB 1012.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Do a lot of people camp the Old Gas Station? I've spawn died there twice now.

Cage Kicker posted:

Forgot the factory key?

And electricity. I thought it worked like the other 2 and was excited to have an exit near my spawn.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I just started playing this game today and it's fun but my old fat heart might not be able to take it

Somebody in the steam thread linked me this when I asked if any game like tarkov but no pvp existed. https://www.offline-tarkov.com/index.html

I haven't tried it yet, but supposedly it works and you can have some of that stress go away.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

NJersey posted:

gently caress I'm hooked on Tarkov again. It's fun just playing it like a Borderlands or Stalker with no pvp stress.

It's pretty awesome. There are raider like scavs with armor, good weapons, dogtags and loot in the raids along with regular scavs so there's fighting going on while you're running around. I'm finding tons of keys, making tons of money and xp. I think I'm gonna try and go higher on the AI skill than As Online because it's a little too easy. I've done a bunch of raids and haven't died yet. Although it was stuttering a lot on Customs it might've been the amount of AI I chose or the AI "players" lag the game a bit because it always gets better when the shooting stops but it's smooth overall. I've only been on Customs and Factory so far.

So far everything is there, hideout, traders, quests. I'm a bit stoned but I think there maybe something whacky with the XP and leveling but you can edit everything and just go hog wild and mod certain/everything to make the game easier or any changes you'd prefer. I'd say if you're sick of the state of the game regarding the wipe and are waiting for a new wipe like me, play this.

Post here if anyone needs help installing. It was fairly painless.

Is it easy? I was reading about how to build the fake server and having never modded a game was a little worried I would break something.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

NJersey posted:

https://www.guilded.gg/senkospub/groups/B36wYEeD/channels/16291b64-bd22-4e1a-8af5-11f5e69fd9d8/docs

I just did the Requirements, Startup and Creation tutorials. Super easy although I had a loading error that was easily fixed by making sure my file directory matched the example in Requirements tutorial.

I haven't modded anything yet so I'm not sure how hard it is but I think all it you need to do is edit a json file.

Yeah it wasn't hard at all. This will be great.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I've learned about the Labs, where apparently some awful poo poo is going on, and the occult markings at specific places on the maps.

Are they going to be adding supernatural or scifi type stuff at some point or is this just all background lore?

There are indicators on your character screen for poison and radiation damage. I wonder if their will be plague zones or something.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

today I learned that Killa is hostile to player scavs

Sometimes if his guards see you they will chase your rear end down to cap you.

Edit:
VVVVVVV
thinking about reshala.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 29, 2020

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Why don't they just keep players level 1-9 separate and when you hit flea market you are thrown to the wolves?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

It would allow smurfs to club newbies without risking getting slapped in return.

Yeah this was my thought too.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I die from shotgun headshots once a day. It is the bane of my gameplay.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Jarf posted:

Is this the emutarkov thing I've heard about? Been thinking about giving this a go the next time I feel like playing.

How difficult is it to set up? Does it play nice when they roll a patch out?

It is easy to setup. You create a 2nd launcher and game with a couple swapped files and fake a server on your computer. Never needs to connect online and is all local.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ChesterJT posted:

Since there's some new people in the thread, hot tip I would avoid factory for the next few hours. Pestily is running a tourney for 100 streamers and they're all basically running factory on repeat killing everything that moves.

Factory 5 stacks all the way.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hocus Pocus posted:

My city is in lockdown, and I built a new PC, new peripherals and all. Friends put me on to Tarkov two or three weeks ago, been playing anywhere from like two to six hours a day.

Wrist had been feeling a little tight after sessions, but I ignored it (v smart). Woke up last night, wrist is stolen behind thumb and forefinger and my whole forearm hurts.

So not only am I dying 4/5 times to absolute BULLSHIT, but now I appear to have given myself carpal tunnel... But I still want to play (I mean I literally can't, but... I still want to...).

Goons will let you watch them play

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

BurritoJustice posted:

Just bought the standard edition to give it a go, been watching a bunch of Youtube videos of the game, and it seems really cool. I've got lots of FPS experience, but not much in milsim style games. Are there many goon players in Australia?

It's downloading now, over the finest rural Australian internet, so I am as fresh as can be.

Join the discord and play with people. Run through the maps in offline mode to learn the layout. Learn customs first because a lot of beginner quests are there. Do budget builds at the beginning and learn what items found in raid sell for major bucks on the flea market at level 10. Always scav run. It is free loot.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

BurritoJustice posted:

Ah gently caress, do I go BEAR or USEC?

Do you want to be an invader(american death squad) or good guy(russian death squad)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The true faction is scavs so you can scream "divide my cheeks" and "cheeky breeky" until some rear end in a top hat caps your rear end for the crackers and mtape you are carrying.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

BurritoJustice posted:

Man they really don't like people going in with low risk do they. Combined with the post match healing system a lot of the guides I read are pretty out of date on how to approach low levels.

I played one game to learn the controls, stole a sniper and got a few kills before bleeding out. I think I was cursed because I seemed to get swamped by bots (guessing because of their loadouts). Pretty fun. I enjoy just how "heavy" you feel, and how every movement has to feel intentional. They really put effort into the animations and it's fun. Definitely going to rebind a few of the combinations though, control seems underused and some of the ALT combos are a bit clunky. I made a big mistake not opening the map on my second monitor, but as far as audio goes I'm really greatful for my years of headphone audiophillia because the sound design is pretty good and it's really helpful.

I brought one of each basic healing item and one beef stew and water, I definitely felt like I needed more bandages and AI-2s

I'm going to get on the discord to play some tomorrow :)

Anyone else on OCEA?

Do not bring water and food if they are full. You can find those in raid. If hydration and energy is going to be low at the beginning of the raid then bring it in and use the food then the liquid. This will help level your metabolism.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I kill all scavs. Learned my lesson fast.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dr. Clockwork posted:

My kingdom for two KEK Tape.

Run some interchange.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Found my first gfx card today on a scav interchange run. I'm still really new but man that made my heart pound. Netted 300k all told!

Nice! It feels good to find those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

A Christmas miracle!