Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Hi, new here...how exactly do I hide items up my rear end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Add death mics to tarkov

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

i got a flir in a twitch drop lol

I kept seeing people in twitch chat yesterday saying they got thermals from the drops, I thought it was a bot but if it really just gave everyone thermals then I'm watching twitch more

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

andyf posted:

Oh they dropped Factory down from 6 to 5 PMC's max? Sounds like as close as possible to an online PVE mode right now for a team learning the game.

That fuckin rules, you can usually take out another player in the first 15 seconds so there's only three nerds to worry about instead of a potential four stack

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I do love the Mosin, but I think I'm going to run mostly the SA-58 from now on. I do super well with it every time and from lvl 1-10 I managed to scav the parts to give it a foregrip, silencer, and drum mag. It's the most ridiculous overkill and I love it

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
They could have just banned taking money into the raid but they decided to entirely gently caress up instead, classic

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Tarkov is a game about shoot mans, you can always go play stock market simulator if you don't like flea market changes

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
The armor system suffers too much from being overly realistic, in that ~2/3 of round types won't even come close to going through Class III/Class IV armor. Players are still pretty vulnerable though, even with full armor coverage your arms and legs are still a huge exposed area. IMO Nikita should make hard armor somewhat more fragile, or difficult to aquire. Also, I think improvised grenades and explosives would also level the playing field between the rat in a scav vest and UltraGigaChad in head to toe Level 6.

Also give everyone free moosin every day, it's Russia you probably trip on one walking out of the bunker on the way to Prapor's anyways

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

twig1919 posted:

Keep painkillers active for every second of every raid and never suffer any blacked limb penalties again.

You take some damage running on blacked legs but the only real downside is that it makes noise.

Ahhh so this is what makes gold star and vaseline so good yeah?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

[wearing a bullet proof helmet which can also ricochet straight on shots from a sniper rifle with a gamer headset on that makes me hear better] that stim is magic

FWIW the headset is a real thing, I have some in my range bag

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Mesadoram posted:

Anyone try the 9X19 ammo QuakeMaker?

On paper it seems good, and putting that in a Beretta might make a good side arm when I am trying to snipe.

All the hollow point rounds seem great on paper but none of them will go thru level 2 armor, which almost every scav and PMC will be wearing at minimum. Shotgun slugs have the same problem

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

ap-20 slugs will def go through armor, and you fire hollow points into the face or legs

Yes the Slug that has "ARMOR PIERCING" in it's name is an exception to that rule, thank you for pointing that out

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Mesadoram posted:

Thank you gents.

I was testing it yesterday and the round feels super inconsistent.

That or my Beretta likes to shoot sideways, but either way when the experience wasn't great.

I don't like shooting any of the pistols but most of the pistol caliber SMGs are fun even on semi. If I have to use a pistol I'd probably pick one with a red dot sight and some AP ammo

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Rent-A-Cop posted:

How can you even tell in Tarkov unless they're being insanely obvious? Everything is so janky they could hear/see you and be totally silent/invisible to you and it'd just be normal.

Basically you can only tell in close quarters when someone kills you in the second frame they see you with a suspiciously fast eye shot

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I haven't been killed in many scav runs since they are so easy to imitate now

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

Tonight I learned ZB 1013 is not like ZB1011 or ZB 1012.

Forgot the factory key?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

Do a lot of people camp the Old Gas Station? I've spawn died there twice now.

For sure. It's also a player scav spawn and I frequently find them hiding behind the gas station waiting for someone to kill all the AI scavs so they can catch them looting/extracting

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Gabriel S. posted:

The SKS is fine along but it typically costs the same or even more than better weapons.

I've always argued that if you're going to buy an SKS, you should either grab the Hunter or the VEPR AK instead. Hunter because it's like SKS with box magazines and M80 is a terrific round, or VEPR because it's a semi-auto 7.62 just like the SKS but the sights are better and 30 round box mags are dirt cheap and you can use AK attachments

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

This has been my experience in the week or so I've been playing, almost exclusively.

Enter map, spend 5 minutes figuring out where the hell I am on the map, start moving someplace I think I want to go (I don't really know, ever, where I want to go), get drilled in the head.

A few minutes ago I did almost 300 damage with a shotgun and still didn't drop a single person.

But it's oddly fun.

Many players move towards the nearest enemy spawn when the raid starts to thin the competition. If you're spending 5-10 minutes standing in the spawn, that's probably why you're getting shot up.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
The more people you kill in PvP, the less people there are to shoot you on your way to your extract while you're filled to the tits with good loot. You can't get whammied by another player if they're all dead

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

Sometimes if his guards see you they will chase your rear end down to cap you.

Tell me more about Killa's guards

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Things I did in Tarkov today:

- After 17 total raids as my PMC, finally killed another PMC. I was beginning to think I'd never do it.
- Got a fractured leg in the middle of the Woods and then realized I forgot to bring splints or painkillers
- Limping along in Woods, stumbled into a marked area and looted a weird assault rifle (DT MDR) that didn't seem to have any kind of sight attached when I aimed down it. It felt like my dude was holding it at a really weird angle too
- Killed a scav and he had ibuprofen!!!!
- made it out and immediately decided to call it quits for the night cuz always end on a high note

That's pretty close to Peak Tarkov right there, awesome :)

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

Why don't they just keep players level 1-9 separate and when you hit flea market you are thrown to the wolves?

Because that would be basically against the spirit of the whole game?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Famethrowa posted:

Some scav deaths are pure luck. I don't know a single player who hasn't turned a corner to get one tapped by a suddenly aimbot scav.

Some days you can kill the raiders and the boss and friends on Reserve by yourself no sweat and some days a shotgun scav shoots you head-ears from 50 yards while you're wearing all level 5 armor. Balance

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

hello internet posted:

My favorite is dropping in heavily geared without a faceshield only to get 1-tapped by buckshot from a scav 50m away

I got this twice in a row yesterday, and then a player scav killed two of my friends with a shotgun and blasted me thru the visor with one of their AKs when I came to clean up in the third game. Then it was a 500k scav run on shoreline where we didn't even see other scavs. They're going to find me dead at my desk over this emotional roller coaster

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

ChesterJT posted:

Since there's some new people in the thread, hot tip I would avoid factory for the next few hours. Pestily is running a tourney for 100 streamers and they're all basically running factory on repeat killing everything that moves.

The chance to kill streamers with an MP-153 and no kit is too tempting

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So since i posted this, I started running AKMS with PS ammo, level 4 armor from ragman (the 50k ones that are like a beige tan), sometimes no helmet and ComTac2 every single time and a single grenade. Also trying out various sights on the gun, modded out my gun to have the best price per ergo items while kepeing it cheap. It's around 65k with Aluminum Magazines (i take 3 extra into raids now with a 60 stack of bullets spare to reload clips), Rk-4 grips, bumper pad and whatever else that adds ergo and such without breaking the bank. I haven't been playing as much as I'd like because well life happens but been having a lot of fun.

Been killing more scavs, more players these days.. been more aggressive with players trying to increase my pvp experience. Killed a chad in the dorms the other day with a good head eyes placement.. then promptly died to rashala guard grenade bomb on my way out (i just had to check the gas station).

next wipe, what's the level 1-10 weapons that are accessible right off the start that are decently viable? the pp-19, SKS, What else? I don't like using the 5.45 AK's at all.. probably because I'm not paying 1000 a bullet for my horrible spray and pray.

The 5.45 AKs are all booboo, for the price of decent 5.45 ammo you can get 7.62 PS or BP which are mostly superior. Shotguns are all easily gotten and slugs or 8.5 Magnum are great for shooting unarmored faces and legs. 8 knives will get you an MP5.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
In case anyone was wondering, the MP-153 with AP-20 is still the best Rubles/fun ratio in all of Tarkov

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Vahakyla posted:

That is what I am worried about. I might buy the game anyway but in that case I would be worried about not getting it on Steam one day as an account link.

Is it possible to have both USEC and BEAR characters? or is it a choice?

You choose when you start a character. You get to change it at the wipe IIRC

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I feel bad for the factory questers, lately it has been like 75% Timmys and 25% geared chads in there

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

I've started to appreciate Factory. No worries about when a fight is gonna break out, it's coming immediately and you can always hear it coming.

gently caress Reserve forever, though. Definitely my least favorite map.

Reserve is great fun but it's a very dense map. If you can fight the raiders without getting killed by the 3rd parties then you can make it out fat. I went on a 5-7 run with a friend the other night and we fought Glucose Gang in the school and I made it out with 700k worth of nice poo poo to wear. Glukhar is a loving tank though

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

I like the map itself cuz of all the places to go but I have two beefs with it: it takes a long time to get into it as a scav and the PMC extracts always seem very dangerous.

I'll probably feel different when I've got more experience but as someone who still struggles with pvp it's not the nicest place to visit.

If you're struggling with PVP then avoiding PVP probably isn't going to help you

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Gabriel S. posted:

What's the best way to make money in-game now? Is it still getting graphics cards and mining bitcoins?

You can get 4 player dog tags every 10 minutes in factory if you hustle, most of them are <10 unfortunately

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Lorem ipsum posted:

Did you remember to loot his stash?

Selling the key is a much better bet imo. Higher average profit and you don't have to stand in the center of the worst spot on the map

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I was a USEC this wipe but next time I'm going to be a BEAR so I can unleash the true ultimate weapon in Tarkov, DICKY NEEDLES

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Gabriel S. posted:

Is there some bug with Reserve where SCAV Raiders are always spawning?

And they're getting rid of the early SCAV spawn in 12.8 :smith:

There’s no bug but there are 2-3 groups of raiders that can spawn there potentially one of which is Glucose gang

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
The only time I ever met friendly player scavs, one ran into me out front of the train station in Reserve. I threw him a pack of cigarettes for the troll toll and his 3 friends jumped out and wiggled at me, then we went and looted the D2 bunker together :) that was a nice fat loot run

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Thanks for the advice (including the discord). Sounds like I need to grind it out and jump on discord when I can. That cash infusion a few posts up was nuts!

Yup! Lots of us, including me, have hit the point you're at. Playing with a group takes a lot of the stress out of playing and goons are fantastic. Tarkov doesn't even have a lot of twitch skill to it, it's mostly just knowing where you're most likely to see another player at any given time which only comes with time. Don't give up! Soon you'll be dunking on everyone with less time in than you

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Is there some sneaky way into the crack house intel room on Customs?

I spawned as a scav 42 minutes into the raid, was close to the crack house so I ran there and camped on the interior stairs waiting for someone to come along. Some guy comes up the metal fire escape, enters the building, loots the med room, and then he comes out of the intel room, through the only door that leads into it which was closed and in my line of sight the entire time.

I tried figuring out how to do it in an offline raid just now and while you can kinda hang by your toenails on the upper floor windows I refuse to believe that anybody can reliably jump from window to window to get in there that way. Especially since the dude was only level 12 and I doubt someone that new would know a trick like that.

But it had to be that right?

If that's possible, it's dirty as gently caress and I must know how to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Famethrowa posted:

the compass, mostly useful to new players, is 160k from level 3 jaeger.

lol

edit: lol I think the new animation poses while loading broke the servers

I'm starting to feel like this game is just a social experiment to weed out the players who have the patience to reach level 25 and actually start playing Tarkov, lol