Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I just got scav swarmed a minute ago on Snoreline. Happily creeping around resort with 8 minutes on the clock, popped one loitering scav, and suddenly 8 of his loving friends come charging in out of nowhere, despite the place being almost deserted before that. Honestly i'm pretty loving salty about it because I'm bad at Tarky and they killed me. I had 6 kills in the last two minutes of that round - all scavs and all in a 10 meter radius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Anybody know how to make a completely fresh character on EmuTarkov? Everything runs fine, but even when creating a new profile, or wiping profiles through the launcher, I always end up in game with a level 69 character with a fully upgraded hideout, billions of rubles, and all traders unlocked to lvl4. Kind of defeats the point.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I've been having fun with EmuTarkov for a few days now and it's really pretty good. They seem to have added by default npc PMCs with semi-random kits who roam around the map and engage with scavs, but respect faction loyalties - so if you're USEC the USEC ai won't attack you except in retaliation.

It's still too easy; I'm on like 12 raids without a single death yet, playing with AI set to online default difficulty. But there are some other options which might make them harder, and there are a surprisingly large number of user-made mods too. If this stays updated with future versions of vanilla Tarky it could be a really legit single player experience.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
It's worth giving a shot if you find the MP experience too stressful. It has some other neat features too. I think the in-game timers all run off the emulated server, so whenever I close the game the server stops counting time, so my genny doesn't run out of fuel when I'm offline - but construction and healing timers also don't increment. They've also implemented a simulated flea market.

It's basically the entire game with every system recreated. The only critique I have is that the NPCs are more like old arena-shooter style bots, and their limitations and stupidity become really apparent without other players around. I often find an AI just standing in a shipping container staring at a wall, or trying to plink at me through five walls from the opposite side of Factory. But I think that's just a problem that's inherent to Tarkov.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
So Streets has been delayed till next year because of covid according to the BSG stream yesterday. Next patch is basically QoL and a new pistol or something, which is a bummer.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Oh yeah that will be sick actually. And a bunch of what Nikita described as "trash tier" backpacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
And for those who missed it: are we getting Streets? Next year. Desync fixes? Next year. Clipping through doors? Next year? A magic "cold-blooded" stim to make you invisible to thermals? Nikita is working on that immediately; thanks Klean you fuckin baby.